Our insiders

edge

Junior
We got duped again.

1. Best OL since 2002 or something like that. No.
2. Fastest team in a long time. Not seeing that.
3. Ivey has turned the corner. Wow.
4. King is back to his old self. No.
5. Ford is dominating.
6. Miller deserves to start.
7. Carter is playing better then Gil.

Feel free to tack on but we got duped. I am officially done with any preseason hype from here on.

I will give props to the callouts of these players.
Smith
Rambo
Arroyo
Brinson

Advertisement
We got duped again.

5. Ford is dominating.

Feel free to tack on but we got duped. I am officially done with any preseason hype from here on.

Smith
Rambo
Arroyo
Brinson
Kaaya for Heisman.

But many of the reports were probably accurate at the time. Others by folks running a message board where clicks rule the day…

Food Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG
College Football Wink GIF by Michigan State Football

Advertisement
They get all giggity over what our units look like against each other. Play another team and we all see the results. There's a reason I don't pay any attention to what they say in the Spring or Fall.
This. Should have known when King went 19-22 for 300+ or whatever it was in a scrimmage against our defense lol Lashlee probably thought he was genius going up against Manny everyday.

So many on here that claim to know things, not info to pass, but more along the lines of evaluatiing the info. So many don't know crap. New DB coach is a great get, OL line coach back better than ever, etc... DBs are bad, OL, bad, just so many things that were hyped up just plain not good.

This. Should have known when King went 19-22 for 300+ or whatever it was in a scrimmage against our defense lol Lashlee probably thought he was genius going up against Manny everyday.

What is scary about numbers like that is the defense knows what we're doing and our tendencies. They see it every day in practice. None of it is a surprise. Yes, it's against the second team, but even they should be better.

Advertisement
We got duped again.

5. Ford is dominating.

Smith
Rambo
Arroyo
Brinson
Rambo had one game. I'd like to see more from him before he gets a callout. We are notorious for having a guy play one good game and think he can repeat it day after day only to be let down. String together a few of those and I'll be a believer. Otherwise, everyone is just a suspect as a Mike Harley impersonator until proven otherwise.

Football is a team sport. Well it used to be in Miami. There is no “team” concept here. Manny has been and remains in over his head. Has no clue what to do with the talent and lacks the ability to discipline this team. NIL will only make things worse. I have a lot of respect for Saban. His rules and his rules only. His teams are well disciplined and prepared. There will always be the argument that he gets the best players etc. but its so apparent its more than that. He loses players and coaches every year but there’s only one boss and he has more than proven himself.

We got duped again.

5. Ford is dominating.

Smith
Rambo
Arroyo
Brinson
Someone attacked me for saying don't buy into those dumbazz practice takes. It means nothing when the other team is trying to tear your head off. Diaz lost to FIU and La Tech, we should have known

We got duped again.

5. Ford is dominating.

Smith
Rambo
Arroyo
Brinson
- Ford and Miller are looking and playing like SEC defensive tackles.
- Donaldson has turned the corner. This is his money year.
- Amari Carter has been a "revelation" at striker.

Advertisement
We got duped again.

5. Ford is dominating.

Smith
Rambo
Arroyo
Brinson

Spot on; SPOT MF ON!

They are looking at things from a Canes point of view.
-We may be faster in some areas, b/c we have mucho slow players.
-Ford may be dominating, b/c our OL sucks.
-Ivey may have turned a corner, b/c our WRs all have suspect route trees & hands.
-Miller may deserve to start, b/c our OL depth is death.
-Carter may be better than Gil, b/c Gil came in out of football shape.

My point? Our practices are watered down. As I said in another thread, our practices are not like the old days of Greentree, Iron sharpening iron…we have lead dulling lead, and those who r close to the program have their O&G glasses on, seeing “improvement” & they mistake minuscule improvement w/ a better team.

Again, I’ve questioned our practices, and I was one of the first ones to question our S&C program. Guys r constantly getting drug, ran over, ran past, and an inability to make sure tackles. I’ve seen both lines in the trench get pushed, and if we don’t crowd the L.O.S, we get almost zero pressure.

The Kool-Aid provided is both watered down & lacks sugar.

We got duped again.

5. Ford is dominating.

Smith
Rambo
Arroyo
Brinson

I thought Roberts showed a bit of something yesterday on the Dline

Advertisement
We got duped again.

5. Ford is dominating.

Smith
Rambo
Arroyo
Brinson
Never go full ******...I stopped listening to all that spring bs a long *** time ago. Their job is to keep u invested and creat traffic. It's a sales pitch to get your money.

Last edited:
I never thought about this, but it makes the most sense! We are awesome against ourselves!
I mean we talk a lot how we make mediocre players look like All Americans so yeah especially when we often don’t run our 1s vs our 1s

Advertisement
Back