Our Hiring of an OC or DC

twalcott5

Freshman
All of us, including me, want Mario to hire the best available and successful OC and DC out there, but let's be realistic. Unless this type of coordinator comes from a smaller Program, i.e., Toledo, and it is an upgrade socially and monetarily for them, it just isn't going to happen. There's a professional progression for these type of coaches. As an example and for the most part, OC's come from the lower ranks of the Offensive coaching hierchy. Established OC's aspiration is, of course, a HC position. Paralel moves within the same position do not normally happen, like a Lashee, unless the OC is not happy where they are, have been fired and may be suspect, knows the current head coach, or is looking for greener pastures. If Mario had already found such a coach, they would be on our staff already.
Do not be surprised, or get your hopes too high to find out that our next OC or DC comes from the Pro ranks and is currently coaching in a lower position, Co-OC coordinator, WR's, RB's, etc. Sorry if I'm being too obvious here. Just my observation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
True, but my god. This decision has taken forever. I can’t remember a time when a big time school went into NSD without at least one coordinator in place. Not panicking, just my observation.

With every passing day “In due time” becomes more difficult to understand.

If Shemar isn’t a Cane it is an L. OC, DC, AC/DC - it’s either a W or an L. Results
I’m just hoping there’s a method to Mario’s madness but agree my patience is wearing thin.

Advertisement
All of us, including me, want Mario to hire the best available and successful OC and DC out there, but let's be realistic. Unless this type of coordinator comes from a smaller Program, i.e., Toledo, and it is an upgrade socially and monetarily for them, it just isn't going to happen. There's a professional progression for these type of coaches. As an example and for the most part, OC's come from the lower ranks of the Offensive coaching hierchy. Established OC's aspiration is, of course, a HC position. Paralel moves within the same position do not normally happen, like a Lashee, unless the OC is not happy where they are, have been fired and may be suspect, knows the current head coach, or is looking for greener pastures. If Mario had already found such a coach, they would be on our staff already.
Do not be surprised, or get your hopes too high to find out that our next OC or DC comes from the Pro ranks and is currently coaching in a lower position, Co-OC coordinator, WR's, RB's, etc. Sorry if I'm being too obvious here. Just my observation.
You lost me.

Why haven't we named one yet? Mario is ******** around with losing Shemar Stewart unless he names a DC before Feb. 2!!
Last I looked 15 new players already signed under Mario with no coordinators in place. Would I like for us to sign Shemar yes. Not signing one player is not going to make are break us. Before Mario we had no chance at him anyway

Advertisement
One college one pro

Advertisement
I'd rather get these coordinator position hires right than worry too much about losing recruits this cycle. If they trust Mario and his vision they'll sign. Before Mario got hired the recruiting class was in shambles. He managed to make the class respectable by getting some late additions. Just get these hires right and we'll be good.

I believe Mario has "back up plans" for both spots if he is unable to hire his primary target(s) for each position. Also believe the DC will be announce first and hopefully before this weekend due to the recruits on campus. There certainly appears to be more smoke that Brian Dabolls is next up for the Dolphins HC job and if so a high probability that Dorsey is his OC .. so that puts to bed any prospect of Dorsey as OC. Brady might come .. but for one season only .. that might have been a hold up with him as Mario was most likely looking for more stability .. 2 year commitment at the least. So .. get Brady for a year .. bring Whipple in as WR or QB coach and understudy to Brady. And .. no later than Friday announce Belk as DC.

Advertisement
Back