Our Glorious Athletic Director

I do agree that our athletic department leaves a **** ton to be desired but I didn't look at that as all negative. It's not like he said he wouldn't entertain the idea because we are happy at no life. Now if there was more to the conversation than what I just read I take it back.

That is one step above where he is now. Congrats Blake!

Advertisement
I do agree that our athletic department leaves a **** ton to be desired but I didn't look at that as all negative. It's not like he said he wouldn't entertain the idea because we are happy at no life. Now if there was more to the conversation than what I just read I take it back.

Put down the crack pipe.

The guy also talked about how fans loved playing FAMU and that the series with FIU was great for UM.

He's a pile of crap as a leader of our athletic department. A TOTAL PILE OF CRAP.

Anyone that gets their panties in a bunch over the stadium issue needs to calm the F down. We (UM) will NEVER build a stadium! Can't put 1 on campus and any other option would have to be built by someone else and allow us to be tenants. I don't think he said anything wrong with that statement so you can hate all you want about the current situation on the field and with the coaches but not with what he said.

Why would the athletics director be concerned with raising money to advance the football program? He'd rather sit back and be glib and make d1ckish comments about waiting for the stadium fairy to show up and stick $40M under his drool soaked pillow. He sounds like a dopey CIS poster, not the AD.

**** him, I get this is extremely unlikely to happen but he has no right at all to be a stuck up douche. This program, like any other sports team, is NOTHING without its fans. Treat us with the respect we deserve or gtfo

What fans? The 60 or so here on a board?

Advertisement
Anyone that gets their panties in a bunch over the stadium issue needs to calm the F down. We (UM) will NEVER build a stadium! Can't put 1 on campus and any other option would have to be built by someone else and allow us to be tenants. I don't think he said anything wrong with that statement so you can hate all you want about the current situation on the field and with the coaches but not with what he said.

"Our stadium" went to it's grave via the wrecking ball initiated by a bunch of carpetbaggers. We will never have that back and the program will never over come it.

Hypothetical situation so please stay with me for a moment.

The year is 20XX and we have 8 years left on our current lease at No Life. Stephen Ross decides to move the Dolphins out of South Florida and decides to destroy the stadium and build condos in 8 years from 20XX. What should UM do? Should UM end the football program?

"Our stadium" went to it's grave via the wrecking ball initiated by a bunch of carpetbaggers. We will never have that back and the program will never over come it.

So you think the stadium is the issue?

Advertisement

Our stadium was handed to us when the Dolphins left after Joe Robbie said F you. Our stadium was great for memories and the home field advantage it created on gameday (when fans showed up) but was one of the biggest piece of **** stadiums in terms of amenities and wasn't structurally sound. Can't just throw money you don't really have into a stadium that needed that many upgrades just to bring it up to average level. Once the city, county decided they were done with the OB we had no choice in the matter.

Tropical park football stadium. That is all

And that will do what? Draw an additional 500 hundred to a 1,000 students, maybe. The upgrades to SunLife will make it a first rate stadium. The athletic department needs to focus on upgrading on campus facilities, get an in door practice facility, upgrade the BUC, etc.

Advertisement

Put down the crack pipe.

The guy also talked about how fans loved playing FAMU and that the series with FIU was great for UM.

He's a pile of crap as a leader of our athletic department. A TOTAL PILE OF CRAP.

The FIU series is great for UM. It's one of the few games on our schedule that might actually fill the stadium and have a legit college football atmosphere. I rather play FIU than Arkansas State or some other low level school. You're trippin' about everything...

Put down the crack pipe.

The FIU series is great for UM. It's one of the few games on our schedule that might actually fill the stadium and have a legit college football atmosphere. I rather play FIU than Arkansas State or some other low level school. You're trippin' about everything...

Only a moron thinks that series is good for UM.

It does NOTHING for Miami football.

NOTHING

It doesn't help with recruiting, it doesn't help us nationally and it provides a local school the opportunity to beat us locally.

Honestly our fanbase is ridiculous.

We're not going to fill the stadium for FIU. In 2006 we had 51,000 for FIU and in 2007 we had 41,00. If both teams suck, we'll have no more than 40K.

Advertisement

That is one step above where he is now. Congrats Blake!
it's a process

Practically I'm sure his point is valid but he has to be aware that he comes off as a total d-bag with statements like that.

Blake James is just as much, if not more of a problem to our athletic department than ***.

Put down the crack pipe.

Only a moron thinks that series is good for UM.

It does NOTHING for Miami football.

NOTHING

It doesn't help with recruiting, it doesn't help us nationally and it provides a local school the opportunity to beat us locally.

Honestly our fanbase is ridiculous.

You need help bro..

Advertisement
Back