Our First Test of This Season Will Be Against Virginia

I have no doubts the players know what is at stake and will be highly motivated all the way to the NC game. At this.point there will be no lack of focus. They know now they are playing for all the marbles. I would be more concerned with a let down if they were defending NC. Canes will dominate VA.

Advertisement
I sort of agree with our crackheaded OP. We know its not our first test but rather an important next test.

Lets be real, there will only be about 45K in Hard Rock stadium next Saturday. The game will have nowhere near the "electricity" as the last two. Motivation will have to come completely from within on this one. That said, I think The Canes will take care of bidnizz.

Quite frankly, Im actually more concerned with the Pitt game.

*That one is on a short week.

* The day after Thanksgiving

* First road game in a month. Will likely be cold & snowy.

*. Early start.

Most, but not all, Cane fandom bloody WORRY too much! dUh. Heck, the Canes just bloody MOLESTED the darlings of the college football media-nexus ( Telly, radio and print. )! And that goes for the fandom of college football too. Because anybody with a clear ego would know, that the VAST MAJORITY of college football fandom, wanted the Fighting Celts to derail the Canes MAGICAL season. hUh.

WTF ? No . No it won't . This is a just a game against a very average but not bad team. We play well we win by 30 . We play average we win by 20 . We play bad we win by 7-10 .

Well dUh... Miami ain't going to ' play badly ' come Saturday High Noon!!!!!!!!!!!!!:monkey-serious:

I have no doubts the players know what is at stake and will be highly motivated all the way to the NC game. At this.point there will be no lack of focus. They know now they are playing for all the marbles. I would be more concerned with a let down if they were defending NC. Canes will dominate VA.

VOILA! A Cane fan with a sensible ego and all that.

Advertisement
I sort of agree with our crackheaded OP. We know its not our first test but rather an important next test.

Lets be real, there will only be about 45K in Hard Rock stadium next Saturday. The game will have nowhere near the "electricity" as the last two. Motivation will have to come completely from within on this one. That said, I think The Canes will take care of bidnizz.

Quite frankly, Im actually more concerned with the Pitt game.

*That one is on a short week.

* The day after Thanksgiving

* First road game in a month. Will likely be cold & snowy.

*. Early start.

Most, but not all, Cane fandom bloody WORRY too much! dUh. Heck, the Canes just bloody MOLESTED the darlings of the college football media-nexus ( Telly, radio and print. )! And that goes for the fandom of college football too. Because anybody with a clear ego would know, that the VAST MAJORITY of college football fandom, wanted the Fighting Celts to derail the Canes MAGICAL season. hUh.

I think you would do well personally if could better differentiate between a cumulative opinion and basic message board discussion fodder.

Sometimes its just fun to ponder the "what if's."

This game is on the players. Seniors need to make sure that the team is ready and no letdown. This is when the captains and leaders come to the forefront. The underclassmen need to want this just as bad to put the seniors out in a high note. The coaches can talk til their blue in the face.... Players need to come out and dominate. Easier said than done considering the past 2 Weeks

Staying undefeated is motivation enough, an ACC title and another NC is worth fvckin playing hard for. Rubbing it in the face of doubters and douche bags everywhere is the icing on the cake... then washing it down with good bubbly.

This isn't Miami's first test but they do need to be ready and focused for this game and play with the same intensity they've played with the previous two games. I think the coaches and the players are aware and hopefully they don't allow lackluster effort and play.

Advertisement
The thread title was bad but dam you guys couldnt read between the lines and see what the op was getting at...**** we need to stay focused and humble, keeping our head in on every opponent. Stop taking these post so freaking personal and respect the opinions of another even if you dont agree. We all CANES when its all said and done on this board. We be responding and negging like we with the outsiders. Oh well, i guess that kind of mindset comes with maturity. CanesTalk 101

We're not back until we win the ACC and are in the playoffs

Old Miami collapses and found ways to blow it

We need to win the next three games before we claim anything

And our first test was FSU and we passed

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

First test of the season? Man gtfoh out of here. I was at Syrcause and GT, i also saw us against FSU and UNC. I promise those were serious tests. Also VT and ND. I'm not making this game bigger than what it was, we play a certain way every game. Violence

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Saturday will show if we are back or not. Being back is not all about talent. It is more the mental challenges of playing boring and meaningless games. These groups of kids seem to have their heads on straight and mature. They seem to now practice and prepare like a professional team.

1. Finding ways to win close games = Check
2. Team Leaders emerge = Check
3. Starting to believe = check
4. Not afraid of the moment/big games= Check

Now the last stage is can they stay focused for boring and meaningless games and keep that laser focus

I agree and it looks like the media is all waiting to see if Miami can keep it up and crossing their fingers Miami loses. I am more concerned with this game then Pitt.

Advertisement
The next although not the

The next although not the 1st test of the year, a test non the less. This game will be the test to see now that we have achieved lofty ranking, can we maintain the focus and stay there.
Can we remain as sharp and stay there, another test the following week an away game on a short week, also taking into account no telling what the weather and field conditions may not be ideal.

So the test is to keep the eye on the bigger goal and not get to caught up in the euphoria from this week

Advertisement
There's a reason OP was called excrement boy (read: sh1tty boy) on the Scout forums many years ago.

Thread title speaks for itself.

They learned how not to lose the games that ruin seasons earlier in the year. If they played the games they played against VT and ND against FSU, UNC, GT, or Syracuse, the games wouldn't have been close. The last two weeks, they cleaned up the mistakes and were executing on both sides of the ball. The talent has been there. The mistakes were masking just how good the team could be.

The team is evolving and getting better. Especially on offense.
It can't be said enough how important the emergence of Deejay Dallas is at RB. Whether he is lined up next to Rosier or he gets the direct shotgun snaps.
He provides a dimension we were lacking when we were struggling earlier in the season. And he proved last week that he could be a major factor in solving our short yardage and redzone TD conversion issues.

I feel more confident going into these last three games (than any previous games) because I know more wrinkles will come.

And On Defense they want to score more off turnovers and hand off the chain more and more.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back