Our First Test of This Season Will Be Against Virginia

Cityboy4life82

Thunderdome
Saturday will show if we are back or not. Being back is not all about talent. It is more the mental challenges of playing boring and meaningless games. These groups of kids seem to have their heads on straight and mature. They seem to now practice and prepare like a professional team.

1. Finding ways to win close games = Check
2. Team Leaders emerge = Check
3. Starting to believe = check
4. Not afraid of the moment/big games= Check

Now the last stage is can they stay focused for boring and meaningless games and keep that laser focus

Advertisement
Saturday's game isn't boring or meaningless when you're 5 wins away from winning the national title.

Advertisement
Saturday's game isn't boring or meaningless when you're 5 wins away from winning the national title.

Noon game against a snore of an opponent. I would like to see them come into this game and take care of business early and have it over by the 3rd.

It's obviously not our first test of the season. That's silly.

And the "being back" stuff is over. We're here. Is there more to accomplish? Sure. But I'm tired of the notion that this run we're on (starting last year, btw) somehow isn't good enough. Clearly we have bigger goals. We always should and will.

But we're ****ing HERE.

That said, we definitely have a new test this weekend.

We've checked so many boxes along the way, I am interested to see how we handle a nooner against an okay team following two huge wins when we have the Coastal locked up. We're squarely in the playoff hunt but these next two weeks won't have the hype of the last two...not even close.

So I'm ready to see how our team responds, especially our coaches and our upperclassmen/leaders. Everyone knows the story of a team in our position having a letdown or being shocked by a lesser team. It happens all the time. And while I think we're getting stronger as the season goes along, the reality is that we had a string of very close games not that long ago to teams who aren't necessarily much better than UVA.

I'd like to believe we've evolved beyond the issues that lead to those outcomes. Then again, there's some human nature involved no matter how great a team is. So it's most definitely a real challenge.

I think we pass the test because I have all the confidence in the world in our aforementioned coaches and leaders. But I'm curious to see how we handle it.

Last edited:
"our first test" lol.

What about winning in Trailerhassee? against VT? ND?

This is our first test? GTFOOH.

Horrendous poster. Some of the worst fb analysis on commentary. Never played a down.

Advertisement
OP just change the wording in the thread title to "Our Next Test of This Season Will Be Against Virginia" and thank me later.

Saturday will show if we are back or not. Being back is not all about talent. It is more the mental challenges of playing boring and meaningless games. These groups of kids seem to have their heads on straight and mature. They seem to now practice and prepare like a professional team.

1. Finding ways to win close games = Check
2. Team Leaders emerge = Check
3. Starting to believe = check
4. Not afraid of the moment/big games= Check

Now the last stage is can they stay focused for boring and meaningless games and keep that laser focus

sure richt is all over it this week, I say they come and are focused and kick the **** out of ******,

Advertisement
And one more thing...

Fortunately, there's at least some discussion already about whether Miami can still make the playoff with a close loss against Clemson. Make no mistake, it MATTERS how we play these next two games. Obviously we need to win, first and foremost. But the committee will have a much tougher time keeping us out if we look strong against UVA and PITT (let alone if we beat them down), as opposed to mediocre performances or close games.

We've played well enough to spark the conversation about a 1-loss Miami team making it in. We can go a long way toward making our case or killing that idea in our next two games. Gotta keep balling.

WTF ? No . No it won't . This is a just a game against a very average but not bad team. We play well we win by 30 . We play average we win by 20 . We play bad we win by 7-10 .

Advertisement
They have won 14 games in a row. Not worried about their focus because they have proven that.

Nah bruh, not at home. I might consider it against Pitt but way too much will be on the table for anyone to lose focus. These next two teams are gonna get drug, and then the Canes are gonna go punch clemson in the mouth and see if they have a plan for that.

Advertisement
Back