Our First Test of This Season Will Be Against Virginia

I sort of agree with our crackheaded OP. We know its not our first test but rather an important next test.

Lets be real, there will only be about 45K in Hard Rock stadium next Saturday. The game will have nowhere near the "electricity" as the last two. Motivation will have to come completely from within on this one. That said, I think The Canes will take care of bidnizz.

Quite frankly, Im actually more concerned with the Pitt game.

*That one is on a short week.

* The day after Thanksgiving

* First road game in a month. Will likely be cold & snowy.

*. Early start.

Advertisement
FIRST? playing toledo after having like a month off and having to deal with no practice and a bunch of distractions wasnt a test? Facing fsu after not beating them since 09 wasnt a test? playing gt with no bye week wasnt a test? Playing #13 vt as an underdog wasnt a test? playing #3 ND as an underdog wasnt a test?

It will be a great test whether the coaches keep the team highly motivated against a big underdog, not our "first" test.

"our first test" lol.

What about winning in Trailerhassee? against VT? ND?

This is our first test? GTFOOH.

Yes this is our first test. We are no longer flying under the radar and now go from the hunter to the hunted. This is a new role for our team and I think they are ready to handle the pressure that comes with being ranked 1 or 2.

Advertisement
Bad choice of words OP. It's not the first real test but more like....how we handle success test.
I think we have good leadership so I think they will be ready.

I sort of agree with our crackheaded OP. We know its not our first test but rather an important next test.

Lets be real, there will only be about 45K in Hard Rock stadium next Saturday. The game will have nowhere near the "electricity" as the last two. Motivation will have to come completely from within on this one. That said, I think The Canes will take care of bidnizz.

*. Early start.

Pitt's always played us tough it seems like, even with some of our best teams. Playing up there has always been a chore, and while I think it'll be closer than it should, we probably should come out ahead with a W.

"our first test" lol.

What about winning in Trailerhassee? against VT? ND?

This is our first test? GTFOOH.

Yes this is our first test. We are no longer flying under the radar and now go from the hunter to the hunted. This is a new role for our team and I think they are ready to handle the pressure that comes with being ranked 1 or 2.

So what was @FSU? VT? ND? Tune up challenges for the big test?

Ya dude I guess winning our first game against FSU in 7 years wasn't a test, or beating the fvck outta a top 15 and top 3 team two weeks in a row weren't test either.

Advertisement
Terrible thread title.

"Miami will have a test of focus against UVA", would be better.

I do agree our guys don't need to be looking ahead. I have a feeling the UNC game was a product of that.

*. Early start.

This all true but Pitt is garbage. UVA is at least decent.

Advertisement
Unfortunately style point are going to matter in these last two.
Unimpressive wins, even though they're wins, will give the naysayers room to start with the whole, they're not really that good, just got up for two big games crap.
Come out and handle business and they're gonna be some uneasy folks around. If the team could keep the level of play they've had the last two games, I don't think anyone can beat them...anyone.

Advertisement
You fxcking koolaid drinking fxcks need to listen to what City is saying.

Immediately after we curb-stomped the Domers I had this feeling that UVA will be a trap game, and posted it here.
All year we've heard how Miami isn't quite there yet. Constant disrespect.
This team has been blasted with criticism about how they barely squeak by subpar opponents and have no business being in the CFP conversation. Last 2 weeks they responded, and responded well, vs solid, ranked opponents.

Now let's see how they come out vs ****** opponents after they've heard all week how they're the #2 ranked juggernaunt that well deserves its place in the CFP conversation.

Saturday will show if we are back or not. Being back is not all about talent. It is more the mental challenges of playing boring and meaningless games. These groups of kids seem to have their heads on straight and mature. They seem to now practice and prepare like a professional team.

1. Finding ways to win close games = Check
2. Team Leaders emerge = Check
3. Starting to believe = check
4. Not afraid of the moment/big games= Check

Now the last stage is can they stay focused for boring and meaningless games and keep that laser focus

I give you a freakin' bloody break! Because, it seems you're just another YOUNG SCHOOL Cane and what not. Oh, and one more thing. The Canes AIN'T going to look past Virginia or lowly Pittsburg- the NO Heels defeated Pittsburg recently. dUh.

You fxcking koolaid drinking fxcks need to listen to what City is saying.

Immediately after we curb-stomped the Domers I had this feeling that UVA will be a trap game, and posted it here.
All year we've heard how Miami isn't quite there yet. Constant disrespect.
This team has been blasted with criticism about how they barely squeak by subpar opponents and have no business being in the CFP conversation. Last 2 weeks they responded, and responded well, vs solid, ranked opponents.

Now let's see how they come out vs ****ty opponents after they've heard all week how they're the #2 ranked juggernaunt that well deserves its place in the CFP conversation.

WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!! Virginia ain't going to be a ' trap game!!!!!!!!!!!!! ' dUh.

Advertisement
Back