Our Defense this year...

Advertisement
After seeing that practice vid of Chickillo being manhandled by Feliciano more than once...it leads me to believe nothing will change lol

Then the practice video of AQM blowing up Gadbois should lead you to believe that something has changed.

Oh, I forgot that haters ignore anything positive to focus solely on the negative.

It is unreasonable to expect the defense to improve to inside the top 50. We can show tremendous improvement and move from 87 to the mid 60's however if indeed the talent is as far ahead of last year as people seem to think it is.

Advertisement
Talent-wise, there's no reason this defense shouldn't be top 30 at the absolute worst. Besides DT, we have highly-coveted players all over that 2-deep. And we won't be relying on freshmen this season either so youth isn't an excuse. Other than Chad Thomas and maybe Young/Owens sparingly, I don't see freshmen getting significant playing time this season.

A lot of the talent upgrade on defense is in this freshmen class. If a bunch of them do NOT see the field, then I don't think we will see much improvement. Chad, the new DTs and Young/Owens are necessities for any upgrade. Maybe the other DEs/olbs can wait but not those. Plus I think we need more hitting out of the safeties-- freshmen if needed.

Chad won't be heavily relied upon. He may see some action on passing downs but not much because that role is handled by AQM and McCord. Young and Owens will see most of their action on special teams. They also shouldn't be heavily relied upon. And the new DTs aren't freshmen. They're juco players. This won't be a freshman-heavy defense. Youth should not be an excuse this year.

Here's hoping. I'm afraid there is no answer at DT, however. In fact, the position might be worse than last year which is kinda scary.

Here's hoping. I'm afraid there is no answer at DT, however. In fact, the position might be worse than last year which is kinda scary.

i think it is....As bad as our d was....got**** it Renfrow played solidly for us. Curtis Porter tried and gave us something. What dt we have currently on roster will give us just that production>?...we're counting on a juco kid who likeyl is eating mcdonalds and jacking off every day right now to come in and be a STARTER. Then we have guys like Earl Moore and Corey King who get pushed around consistently there to log heavy minutes and they just dont have the talent imo.

I guess Jelani can make up for Robinson leaving...i havent got to see Huertolu yet..but this spring game will show me something.

They have RECRUITED the DT position as BAD as you can since theyve got here....i mean its downright laugh worthy.

The thing is if we were actually "multiple" i wouldnt feel so bad...as i believe King and Moore have value in a scheme where they can just shoot gaps (Think VTS dtackles every year)...they can do that paired next to abig man...but in our two gapping predominant defense those guys will get killed. Pierre gets killed most of the time and he is lightyears better.

Gotta get them horses up front...FSU does, Uf does, the best teams in SEC as it down to a science (Bama,LSU) and i have no clue the clusterfck we have done recruiting wise @ dt. Its turrrible

Last edited:
Were going to be fckin good!

Hard hitting all around. I'm confident in this defense...

The players may be better, but there's NOTHING evident, in past schemes, that would lead one to believe they'll be used effectively. We'll know from the first game if the coaching continues the passive schemes that regularly fail.

scheme works great for Bama.................

Advertisement
Golden ended fall camp early last year because he said the defense was to violent and you saw how that D played like ****.

Not true. Our defense played fast and agressively early in the season. The D basically won the UF game.

The problem came because our defensive staff refused to do anything differently throughout the season. We ran the exact same scheme against the last 3 teams on the schedule as we did the first 3. It was the lack of schematic originality that made our D seem like doo doo.

Were going to be fckin good!

Hard hitting all around. I'm confident in this defense...

The players may be better, but there's NOTHING evident, in past schemes, that would lead one to believe they'll be used effectively. We'll know from the first game if the coaching continues the passive schemes that regularly fail.

scheme works great for Bama.................

Bama has the best db coach in the nation as their head man ...a guy that can call legit defenses..top notch defensive staff....5 star recruits lined up..and they still cant generate a pass rush to save their life. They gotta do some exotic sh*t jsut to get a regular rush.

We have No Frio running our d.....ya the guy who went up to the booth, and calls in his plays via walkie talkie to the point man on the sideline who in then gives the play to the players on the field which caused us to not be set atleast 3-4 times a game,,,,even cost touchdowns against us with that b.s.. I wanted to fire the guy when he let savannah state score on that b.s run play when no one on our d was set and they just lined up and ran their play.

Golden ended fall camp early last year because he said the defense was to violent and you saw how that D played like ****.

Not true. Our defense played fast and agressively early in the season. The D basically won the UF game.

The problem came because our defensive staff refused to do anything differently throughout the season. We ran the exact same scheme against the last 3 teams on the schedule as we did the first 3. It was the lack of schematic originality that made our D seem like doo doo.

To be honest i think at times No frio doesnt even understand their own scheme. ( i had it in college before, where a coach was unsure of wat to do against certain o's and just blamed players)....

Offense dictated to our d...............sorry ones at that. Early in the season their wasnt as much film to show the holes..but as it went on every one and their mama knew how to get off on us....even in the bowl game which was embarassing.

I mean change something up, be creative...be pro active and not reactive...its actually funny that our d would some times play better after the half....because dude honestly would let teams get off on us..reactive b.s. I know he isnt going this season,..but it iwll be hard for me to watch this yr...as im a guy that just doesnt watch the ball...i look at everything and some of our stuff on d is just "elementary" bad.

i think it is....As bad as our d was....got**** it Renfrow played solidly for us. Curtis Porter tried and gave us something. What dt we have currently on roster will give us just that production>?...we're counting on a juco kid who likeyl is eating mcdonalds and jacking off every day right now to come in and be a STARTER. Then we have guys like Earl Moore and Corey King who get pushed around consistently there to log heavy minutes and they just dont have the talent imo.

I guess Jelani can make up for Robinson leaving...i havent got to see Huertolu yet..but this spring game will show me something.

Before last season DT was an unknown and fans like you were saying the same things heading into the season as you are now heading into this one.
Renfrow was an unknown benchwarmer from UVA.. But like you said, he ended up playind "solidly for us".
Porter saw limited time due to injuries was still an unknown but ended up giving "us something".

If Renfrow can come in and play solidly for us , why can't these 2 Juco DT's do the same or better this season?
If Porter can give us production after never being consistent in the past why can't Moore and King do it?
Jelani is having a spring better than what Luther ever had.

But yeah, being negative on these boards is what gets people repped and that's all any of you mopes really care about. Forget about actually having a dialogue based on rational thought.

Advertisement

Before last season DT was an unknown and fans like you were saying the same things heading into the season as you are now heading into this one.
Renfrow was an unknown benchwarmer from UVA.. But like you said, he ended up playind "solidly for us".
Porter saw limited time due to injuries was still an unknown but ended up giving "us something".

If Renfrow can come in and play solidly for us , why can't these 2 Juco DT's do the same or better this season?
If Porter can give us production after never being consistent in the past why can't Moore and King do it?

But yeah, being negative on these boards is what gets people repped and that's all any of you mopes really care about. Forget about actually having a dialogue based on rational thought.

Our d still SUCKED last yr. I guess giving us something will make us better in your opinion.
Renfrow came in out of shape, as t-shirt guy, with like two practices, took the job from King and Moore.....they aint giving us SH*T.
Porter was always better than either two..even hurt.
Jelani ive always liked and thought he coul dplay hopefully he brings it this seeason.

Im sorry that i have higher standards for dt's at um...when our counterparts in FSU,UF have a plethora of kids @ that spot so good that their redshirting 4 and 5 stars ocnsistently...and FAU is getting more out of a 260 pd dt than my school is.

If my htoughts arent rational i dont know what to tell you bro. Aint a mope, i just keep it real. I dont have a bias or a reason to be a homer. I could care less what takes part in spring or summer...i FULLY expect this d to be as bad if not worse than last yr...and im ok with it as i think our o will be legit, and ran differently to compensate. Ive gave my reasons as i beieve the DC is not a good one, and an essential part of his defensive scheme (dt position) is lacking quality depth and talent.

Our secondary will be better,a nd our LB group imo is a solid group. @ DE we have some players with Chick,Kamalu,Mccord,AQM and Chad down the pike.

Last edited:

So you are pinning your hopes and dreams on 2 JUCOS coming in and performing as well as 2 journeyman did the season prior, in the hopes that we are as good as (#87 in the country) as last year? Do you even read the **** you type out bro? And get out my **** face with "having a a better spring" than Luther ever had. Jalen Grimble says "wassup son?"

Then the practice video of AQM blowing up Gadbois should lead you to believe that something has changed.

Oh, I forgot that haters ignore anything positive to focus solely on the negative.

I like your posts normally RB, but that 5 sec clip means no more than the 5 sec clip from the next practice where Gadbois stonewalls AQM. I loved the fire AQM had, and hope we see it on the field, but that's not enough evidence for me to believe the defense is going to change. Heck, we all thought the D had turned the corner after the Gayturd game, and that proved to mean absolutely nothing.

Advertisement

So you are pinning your hopes and dreams on 2 JUCOS coming in and performing as well as 2 journeyman did the season prior, in the hopes that we are as good as (#87 in the country) as last year? Do you even read the **** you type out bro? And get out my **** face with "having a a better spring" than Luther ever had. Jalen Grimble says "wassup son?"

actually I'm pinning my hopes on a bunch of other factors including these Jucos DT, Wyche in particular and the fact that last year Renfrow came in and played well, and Porter had a good consistent season despite never having done so makes me optimistic that the incoming DT's and guys who haven't been productive before here like Moore and Hamilton can as well.

They have RECRUITED the DT position as BAD as you can since theyve got here....i mean its downright laugh worthy.

The thing is if we were actually "multiple" i wouldnt feel so bad...as i believe King and Moore have value in a scheme where they can just shoot gaps (Think VTS dtackles every year)...they can do that paired next to abig man...but in our two gapping predominant defense those guys will get killed. Pierre gets killed most of the time and he is lightyears better.

Gotta get them horses up front...FSU does, Uf does, the best teams in SEC as it down to a science (Bama,LSU) and i have no clue the clusterfck we have done recruiting wise @ dt. Its turrrible

I think you're right, unfortunately. I don't get on the coaches like most here, but we just don't have the talent at DT. I'm hoping Moten, Herteleu or Wyche can come in and be productive but I don't see it happening. JC guys tend to take a year to get acclimated and as good as Moten may be, I doubt he'll be the player we need him to be as a true freshmen. Hope I'm wrong.

Advertisement
Back