Our Defense this year...

Advertisement
Dont get ahead of yourself my friend. We will have a lot more talent on the field for sure, our defense should be better. How much better remains to see.

Talent-wise, there's no reason this defense shouldn't be top 30 at the absolute worst. Besides DT, we have highly-coveted players all over that 2-deep. And we won't be relying on freshmen this season either so youth isn't an excuse. Other than Chad Thomas and maybe Young/Owens sparingly, I don't see freshmen getting significant playing time this season.

Golden ended fall camp early last year because he said the defense was to violent and you saw how that D played like ****.

Advertisement
Were going to be fckin good!

Hard hitting all around. I'm confident in this defense...

The players may be better, but there's NOTHING evident, in past schemes, that would lead one to believe they'll be used effectively. We'll know from the first game if the coaching continues the passive schemes that regularly fail.

The players may be better, but there's NOTHING evident, in past schemes, that would lead one to believe they'll be used effectively. We'll know from the first game if the coaching continues the passive schemes that regularly fail.

AJ Highsmith not being on the field is evidence enough that the defense will be better.

Advertisement

1) Win the Coastal
2) talk about being "good"
179.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
We will NEVER, EVER be elite on defense until someone else is in charge of that production.

Talent-wise, there's no reason this defense shouldn't be top 30 at the absolute worst. Besides DT, we have highly-coveted players all over that 2-deep. And we won't be relying on freshmen this season either so youth isn't an excuse. Other than Chad Thomas and maybe Young/Owens sparingly, I don't see freshmen getting significant playing time this season.

A lot of the talent upgrade on defense is in this freshmen class. If a bunch of them do NOT see the field, then I don't think we will see much improvement. Chad, the new DTs and Young/Owens are necessities for any upgrade. Maybe the other DEs/olbs can wait but not those. Plus I think we need more hitting out of the safeties-- freshmen if needed.

Advertisement
Back