Our D formations

V-DawgCane

Freshman
Premium
Wow, I am so disappointed, . Why TF is our D formation is so OFf? We NEVER have the right personnel to make a key stop. We are going 24 deep. Poor Tyroid McCord was playing DT at times.We are going 6-8 on Lbs and 24 deep on D. If we can't find on the right combanitations this deep in the season, our coachinG is off. Rodgers might go down to me as WOAT

Last edited:
Advertisement
Crazy to see our best players sub to play backups when our starters aren't that great. You don't see top defenses taking there best players out unless injury or they are tired. We sub just to play everybody

Crazy to see our best players sub to play backups when our starters aren't that great. You don't see top defenses taking there best players out unless injury or they are tired. We sub just to play everybody

I hope by now people realize what is going on here. We are building for the future, coaches are biting the bullet this year. We play 20+ guys on D every week, it's by design.

I hope by now people realize what is going on here. We are building for the future, coaches are biting the bullet this year. We play 20+ guys on D every week, it's by design.

Yep. Getting everyone live reps, and getting them on film.

Advertisement

Yep. Getting everyone live reps, and getting them on film.

i tell u what u will see on film!! nothing.
dude, im a firm believer to get the young cats in some reps, but when you see Dp, Ej, chick ,Bush, and Mcgee on the sidelines,
yet G. Paul is in there for whatever the reason, it s kind of Alarming!
not sure what qt it was ( 2nd or 3rd), but i got the same feeling i get when i put my back up players in my son's (10 yrd old)
basketball league because the parents will get upset at me if they dont play.
basically, our 2nd and 3 rd stringers were in there simultaneously as a package formation!
WTF , we are not up by 21 pts! **** im ****ed!

Last edited:
UNC 4 wide
Canes in base 4-3 set

Winning

Not only that, there were a handful of occasions where we had a LB lined up over the #3 WR, except said LB was 7 yards off the ball and positioned too far inside. UNC promptly went to the outside screen game and had a bunch of success. It's basically free offense before the snap thanks to Onofrio's inability to line up the defense properly.

Advertisement
UNC 4 wide
Canes in base 4-3 set

Winning

Not only that, there were a handful of occasions where we had a LB lined up over the #3 WR, except said LB was 7 yards off the ball and positioned too far inside. UNC promptly went to the outside screen game and had a bunch of success. It's basically free offense before the snap thanks to Onofrio's inability to line up the defense properly.

Wait until you see Jimbo abuse that scheme next weekend.

its so bad on defense now they're just trying anything, and I mean anything. Some of they personnel decisions yesterday were flat out mind-numbing. We're to the point where a new approach is needed. The biggest difference in this defense is on the sidelines.

How about an explanation for the defense constantly not knowing the play called and not ready when the play begins. One plan Cain and McCord were screaming with their hands up as they had no idea what to do.

Sometimes this looks like pee wee football.

Advertisement
Some of us do know more than this staff! I've been saying since spring that DP is not a good MLB , and they finally moved him back to the outside 7 games into the season, smdh.

Advertisement
the person who says we dont know more than the coaches...it may be true but when 50k in SLS can call out the **** play before it happens why can't any of the coaches expect the same and play the D accordingly

So many coaches on this board.

Good to know.
You don't need to be a coach to realize that a base 4-3 is ineffective against a 4 wide set. You don't need to be a coach to realize that you don't line up 10 yard off the WR's when it is clearly a run play.

UNC 4 wide
Canes in base 4-3 set

Winning

that's every week.

new for this week was having that LB over the 2nd WR when UNC just went twins while having 2 TEs and Bernard in there. They had Johnson in front of the WR. Paul to the outside shoulder of the TE closest to that WR and Perryman between the OG/C on that side with McGhee lined up where an OLB normally would be lined up. And what did UNC do out of that formation over and over? run it to the weakside so McGhee is dealing with a h-back/TE lead blocking thru the hole.

every week a new flaw in the scheme is discovered.

The excessive substitution at LB & DB is a bit much for me. I don't mind as much on DL because our 1st and 2nd teamers suck equally so we might as well try to keep them fresh, but there are clear cut guys who are better at safety & linebacker... they need to play every snap minus a few breathers. There's no reason for Rodgers to be in the game.

Edited to add - obviously there are some guys at LB who excel in coverage vs. run and can be used situationally... that's not what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back