Our coaches don't play our best players (and other coaching miscues)

Biggest problem is the HC is a defeated loser with no answers. He’s like a little kid dressing up as a football coach for Halloween. He should be forced to wear a baseball cap with “COACH” on it in block letters to complete to costume.

Our staff makes FSU’s look like Bill Snyder’s staff that had all those future HCs on it.

We’re garbage. Just accept it.

Advertisement
We handicap ourselves when we do not start our best players and seem to operate within the context of not knowing the basics of the game.

As to the former, it's clear that N'Kosi is the better QB and Patchan shouldn't be starting. It's clear we shouldn't be running the offense through Mike Harley or abandoning the run somewhere about five minutes into the game.

Our defensive "scheme", if you can call it that, is atrocious and has been all year. How this was a top ranked defense last year, I will never understand. We didn't spy a running QB after spying other slow QBs earlier in the year. We got absolutely carved up by the same play again and again on defense.

But what really kills me is that when we were down 21 points with a quarter to play, we spent 5 minutes and 40 seconds on a drive. That is completely unacceptable, how the **** did we not have a 2 minute drill? If that drive is even one minute shorter we'd have a much better chance of winning the game at the end, when we ran out of time at the 10 yard line. VT was actually running drives with more urgency up 14 in the 4th quarter than we were while down 14! It's outrageous and there literally was not a single team I've seen all year that repeatedly does crap like this.

I was amazed as well when I saw them huddle in that drive. No uptempo.
I said I guess Manny wants to run out the clock.

See why we have so many transfers. **** it. Open competition and you release the same **** depth chart. Manny on that Tebow, “Hard work beat talent” ****.

This can’t be the best players on the ol either , is so the ol coach is more pathetic than Diaz . Guess we know who the next head coach will be . Let’s promote the ol coach

This staff should face a congressional inquiry for Misappropriation of assets. These coaches are stealing money and putting these kids futures at risk with their incompetence. Its a **** shame this fraud is going to get three more years coaching at this school.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmy Murphy got a carry over lorenzo.

Thats all i need to know

On the surface, it appears that Manny intends to redshirt Lingard. I’d bet he doesn’t play until the last 4 games of the year.

Seems to me like Manny is prioritizing off field stuff over on field performance. Just my opinion, but I think he's playing the guys who "do things right," in his words, over the more talented players who arent yes men or choir boys.

Advertisement
How this was a top ranked defense last year, I will never understand. We didn't spy a running QB after spying other slow QBs earlier in the year. We got absolutely carved up by the same play again and again on defense.

Some valid points but you lost me here.

Miami lost Jaquan Johnson, Michael Jackson, Sheldrick Redwine, Gerald Willis, Demetrius Jackson, Tito Odenigbo (needed for depth) and Joe Jackson—and you're wondering why there was a drop-off from last season production-wise?

This program is NOWHERE near being able to 'reload'—and the loss of your best defensive linemen and 3/4 of your secondary is going to be a massive blow when the two-deep is nowhere near where it needs to be—and Miami is still relying on grad transfers like Hill to help with depth and experience?

Advertisement
Some valid points but you lost me here.

Miami lost Jaquan Johnson, Michael Jackson, Sheldrick Redwine, Gerald Willis, Demetrius Jackson, Tito Odenigbo (needed for depth) and Joe Jackson—and you're wondering why there was a drop-off from last season production-wise?

This program is NOWHERE near being able to 'reload'—and the loss of your best defensive linemen and 3/4 of your secondary is going to be a massive blow when the two-deep is nowhere near where it needs to be—and Miami is still relying on grad transfers like Hill to help with depth and experience?

I think we would all agree with the above statement. However, it is pretty much a national consensus that we have more talent than Virginia Tech. We were a 14 point favorite. No reasonable excuse to lose yesterday.

Advertisement
Back