Our coaches don't play our best players (and other coaching miscues)

Poptimus

Senior
We handicap ourselves when we do not start our best players and seem to operate within the context of not knowing the basics of the game.

As to the former, it's clear that N'Kosi is the better QB and Patchan shouldn't be starting. It's clear we shouldn't be running the offense through Mike Harley or abandoning the run somewhere about five minutes into the game.

Our defensive "scheme", if you can call it that, is atrocious and has been all year. How this was a top ranked defense last year, I will never understand. We didn't spy a running QB after spying other slow QBs earlier in the year. We got absolutely carved up by the same play again and again on defense.

But what really kills me is that when we were down 21 points with a quarter to play, we spent 5 minutes and 40 seconds on a drive. That is completely unacceptable, how the **** did we not have a 2 minute drill? If that drive is even one minute shorter we'd have a much better chance of winning the game at the end, when we ran out of time at the 10 yard line. VT was actually running drives with more urgency up 14 in the 4th quarter than we were while down 14! It's outrageous and there literally was not a single team I've seen all year that repeatedly does crap like this.

Advertisement
We handicap ourselves when we do not start our best players and seem to operate within the context of not knowing the basics of the game.

As to the former, it's clear that N'Kosi is the better QB and Patchan shouldn't be starting. It's clear we shouldn't be running the offense through Mike Harley or abandoning the run somewhere about five minutes into the game.

Our defensive "scheme", if you can call it that, is atrocious and has been all year. How this was a top ranked defense last year, I will never understand. We didn't spy a running QB after spying other slow QBs earlier in the year. We got absolutely carved up by the same play again and again on defense.

But what really kills me is that when we were down 21 points with a quarter to play, we spent 5 minutes and 40 seconds on a drive. That is completely unacceptable, how the **** did we not have a 2 minute drill? If that drive is even one minute shorter we'd have a much better chance of winning the game at the end, when we ran out of time at the 10 yard line. VT was actually running drives with more urgency up 14 in the 4th quarter than we were while down 14! It's outrageous and there literally was not a single team I've seen all year that repeatedly does crap like this.

We are cursed man. Another staff and another staff of dumb coaches.

Advertisement
Mandy is a conservative loser and a dork.

He goes with the classic "guys who work hard"over the talented guys mindset.

In Jarren's case he picked the boring dud that doesn't turn the ball over, and in doing so sent the QB with an arm that can make plays down field to the bench.

And yeah, Penos only has one speed. Pathetic.

Saw the same lack of urgency last year against Duke and GT. Ran out of time in both games.
Flat out embarrassing, we don't know how to play with tempo.

It even happened before the first half Hail Mary. We weren't playing fast enough, but we got lucky. That doesn't mask the fact our coaches don't know how to play with urgency and tempo.

I saw one drive with Nesta, Miller, Garvin and GR15 on the field at the same time. They dominated. One **** drive. These coaches need their collective heads examined. I was glad to see Miller get more time, because it was only when he got in did our D look decent. With those 4 together, it was complete chaos.

One.... ****.... drive.

Advertisement
I saw one drive with Nesta, Miller, Garvin and GR15 on the field at the same time. They dominated. One **** drive. These coaches need their collective heads examined. I was glad to see Miller get more time, because it was only when he got in did our D look decent. With those 4 together, it was complete chaos.

One.... ****.... drive.
Garvin didn’t do a **** thing lol

Advertisement
60 Zion Nelson is bull rushed back into the QB, run around by speedy DEs continually. They had to put a RB or pull # 55 Donaldson over to help. **** the other guys on the bench cannot be that bad.

Advertisement
Rousseau played less snaps yesterday than he did vs cmu. But patchan who has been *** can consistently get snaps.
Yep, just saw this too. Yet he still played great and got a sack. This coaching staff ******* sucks. I've completely given up on them, there's no common sense.

Snaps: 22

Rousseau saw his defensive snaps decrease from the Central Michigan game. Rousseau was credited with two tackles and one sack during his limited playing time.

Advertisement
Back