Our Canes are the only team in the ACC

people who are acting like its soft to have one are so dumb. losing practice time has nothing to do with toughness. stfu already.

Oh yeah.

That's why our SEALS instructors now only use heated pools for training.

That's why our Special Forces has a regulation that limit operations to a 40-hour week, and no more 120 pound packs in actual sunlight.

That's why our Rangers use treadmills in air conditioned centers to hone their hiking and climbing abilities, and only shoot paintball weapons.

GTFOH.

LMfao wow. Are you actually comparing Men who are going to war, handling guns, fighting criminals/terrorist to kids who play football?

The NCAA has regulations and limitations on where, when, how long and what weather you can practice in. Miami has to oblige to these rules. Boise St. and Michigan were sanction because they practiced too much or werent up to the NCAA standards. If there is lightning the practice will get cancel because they are students playing football. They arent men going to war
View attachment 35766
reach.gif

Are you really so dense as to not recognize the analogy?

We used to practice in the wet, and when we got in games where it was raining - WE had every advantage.

We used to practice in the hot sun, and when we got in games that were hot and sunny, we came on in the fourth quarter - and you should see some of the points we used to score in the fourth.

We don't NEED an indoor practice facility. You may want one, but until we start playing all our games indoors - it's not a big deal. Practice gets postponed due to lightning? Reschedule. You're allowed so many practices.

Frikkin' millennials are the softest group in the history of the US.

Advertisement
people who are acting like its soft to have one are so dumb. losing practice time has nothing to do with toughness. stfu already.

Oh yeah.

That's why our Special Forces has a regulation that limit operations to a 40-hour week, and no more 120 pound packs in actual sunlight.

That's why our Rangers use treadmills in air conditioned centers to hone their hiking and climbing abilities, and only shoot paintball weapons.

GTFOH.

LMfao wow. Are you actually comparing Men who are going to war, handling guns, fighting criminals/terrorist to kids who play football?

The NCAA has regulations and limitations on where, when, how long and what weather you can practice in. Miami has to oblige to these rules. Boise St. and Michigan were sanction because they practiced too much or werent up to the NCAA standards. If there is lightning the practice will get cancel because they are students playing football. They arent men going to war
View attachment 35766
reach.gif

We used to practice in the wet, and when we got in games where it was raining - WE had every advantage.

We used to practice in the hot sun, and when we got in games that were hot and sunny, we came on in the fourth quarter - and you should see some of the points we used to score in the fourth.

We don't NEED an indoor practice facility. You may want one, but until we start playing all our games indoors - it's not a big deal. Practice gets postponed due to lightning? Reschedule. You're allowed so many practices.

You're not that smart and probably do not live in Florida. Every practice is crucial, every second, every minute, every hour is crucial. To cut practice short or reschedule when didn't need to is crucial. The rules have changed since the 80,s.
.**** the rules have changed since the early 2000's. Just like the concussion rules have changed. Just like there are targeting rules. Should Miami not teach it's players to follow the new rules? Miami players use to hit high, **** ST use to do that... **** it just hit high because that how Miami use to do. You have to get with the times or get left behind. A lot of what Miami use to do will not work. Like not wanting to pay for coaches and their staff. Miami use to do that in the 80's.

Every second of practice is crucial

Let me share a lil story I'm sure you and every Miami fan has heard. In the 80's Schnellenberger and Johnson use to practice with barely any water. They use to do drills after drills after drills without drinking any water. Players use to throw up because they were exhausted. Players use to take "pee breaks" in the bushes but they were actually eating ice they had stored. Miami use to do that in the 80's. Miami can't do that now, Miami will get sanctions if they do that. Different rules, new rules. It's stupid to keep saying Well. Miami use to do that in the past. Those were different times

Last edited:
Let me share a lil story I'm sure you and every Miami fan has heard. In the 80's Schnellenberger and Johnson use to practice with barely any water. They use to do drills after drills after drills without drinking any water. Players use to throw up because they were exhausted. Players use to take "pee breaks" in the bushes but they were actually eating ice they had stored. Miami use to do that in the 80's. Miami can't do that now, Miami will get sanctions if they do that. Different rules, new rules. It's stupid to keep saying Well. Miami use to do that in the past. Those were different times

What's the new rule that requires an IPF?

What's the new rule that requires an IPF?

Its not IPF requirement its more what you can and cant do during practices. And there are rules towards lightning situations in where you have to cancel or suspend and wait like 30 min to an hour after the last strike. Why cancel or postpone practice when you wouldn't have to. I also know for a fact the the NCAA rules for weather has gotten strict. Rules towards lightning during games have changed. I remember going to games when I was young and seeing lightning in the distant and games were never suspended. Compared to 2 years ago. I went to the Bucs/Rams games and that game was suspended for an hour or 2. I never saw one strike or heard thunder. My friend who lives 10 min from the stadium didnt see lighting or hear thunder

Last edited:
Advertisement

Oh yeah.

GTFOH.

View attachment 35766
reach.gif

trouble is that the players are millennials...you want them to be old school but its not in their DNA. i agree that they would be better suited for the heat if they practice in it but i also think we clearly need a place to go when there is lightning or rain in the area.

It's not the schools, it's the rules, and I don't care what anybody says, if they can't practice because they'd get sanctioned, then it's a bad thing. They lose reps and coaching time. It has nothing to do with how tough or soft the players are. I think the coaches would love to have them practice in the heat. Richt was there with Schnellenberger. He knows how those teams practiced.

Can they even build an IPF, with the rules that Coral Gables has? I know when I was there, they had all kinds of restrictions.

Oh yeah.

GTFOH.

View attachment 35766
reach.gif

You're not that smart and probably do not live in Florida. Every practice is crucial, every second, every minute, every hour is crucial. To cut practice short or reschedule when didn't need to is crucial. The rules have changed since the 80,s.
.**** the rules have changed since the early 2000's. Just like the concussion rules have changed. Just like there are targeting rules. Should Miami not teach it's players to follow the new rules? Miami players use to hit high, **** ST use to do that... **** it just hit high because that how Miami use to do. You have to get with the times or get left behind. A lot of what Miami use to do will not work. Like not wanting to pay for coaches and their staff. Miami use to do that in the 80's.

I'd put my IQ up against yours any day, and of course you're wrong about me not living in Florida. You're 0-2, so you may wish to quit while you're ahead.

I see you're diaper-pudding soft, and for convenience, probably wear your shorts backwards.

I can tell you this. Being in top shape in all conditions - means workouts in all conditions. The human condition has not evolved in forty years - GTFOH.

I recall we'd call practices because it would be too wet, and when we'd play a game in the rain, we looked like idiots. No rain, no wet practices. Played like we practiced - like a bunch of slack-jawed ***gots - it was embarrassing.

We had the sorriest facilities among the Top 25 in the years we won our championships.

Fact.

Advertisement
OP, if you have to cut off your thread title to make it seem more compelling, maybe you should not start the thread.

OP, if you have to cut off your thread title to make it seem more compelling, maybe you should not start the thread.

Well ... Since I'm not witty or condenscending enough to post comments and rebuttals on the same level as most of the guys on this board, attempting to make my thread titles compelling is the only way I can find value for my life.

Thanks for trying to steal that joy from me ...

Oh yeah.

GTFOH.

View attachment 35766
reach.gif

I'd put my IQ up against yours any day, and of course you're wrong about me not living in Florida. You're 0-2, so you may wish to quit while you're ahead.

I see you're diaper-pudding soft, and for convenience, probably wear your shorts backwards.

I can tell you this. Being in top shape in all conditions - means workouts in all conditions. The human condition has not evolved in forty years - GTFOH.

I recall we'd call practices because it would be too wet, and when we'd play a game in the rain, we looked like idiots. No rain, no wet practices. Played like we practiced - like a bunch of slack-jawed ***gots - it was embarrassing.

We had the sorriest facilities among the Top 25 in the years we won our championships.

Fact.

You're seriously not smart are you or cannot read. I never said Miami shouldn't practice in the heat, or the rain. I said Miami should build an IPF so they SHOULD NOT CANCEL PRACTICE . Every second you miss practice because you have to cancel is crucial. New rules put in place by the NCAA prevents practicing in certain weather conditions. The NCAA has gotten stricter even since 2001. No one is saying Miami shouldn't practice in the heat or rain. People with knowledge and common sense are saying if you can prevent a cancellation to practice then you do it.

Let me repeat because I'm sure you wont understand.

No practice is bad.
Ncaa new rules. New rules determine the practice conditions.
Miami can't disobey the NCAA.
Practice in heat and rain is good. Practice in lightning is no good.
if NCAA say no practice over 99 degree then you follow.

NO PRACTICE=BAD
PRACTICE=GOOD

Bama has an IPF. They've won multiple titles. IPF does not mean a weaker team.
Also, not saying lets be Bama but if hasnt effected bama in a negative way then its not a bad thing.
And if its good for Saban then its good for any coach.

Oh yeah.

GTFOH.

View attachment 35766
reach.gif

trouble is that the players are millennials...you want them to be old school but its not in their DNA. i agree that they would be better suited for the heat if they practice in it but i also think we clearly need a place to go when there is lightning or rain in the area.

Thank you. Someone that gets it. Someone that knows you have to adapt to new rules. It's like the new targeting rule. A lot of the late great Sean Taylor's hits would be illegal now. Are you gonna say WE WON 5 NATIONAL TITLES HITTING HARD. WE WONT ADJUST. You'll end up getting ejected and costing your team yards. You'll cause more harm. You adjust to the new rules whether you like it or not. Even the NFL. One reason the Bucs' Tampa 2 worked was because Of Lynch's presence. In today game those Bucs D wouldn't be as good because there was no fear of a hard hitting white boy...

The IPF can be a great recruiting tool but most important tool it can be a great practice tool If used right. I have confident in the new staff they will use it the right way and not cause harm. IPF is like the auto pilot. It can be a great tool but don't rely on it as your main tool.

Last edited:
Advertisement
you people are so weird. it has nothing zero zilch to do with toughness. it has to do with lightning & losing practice time. whats so hard to understand? if theres lightning you cannot practice. if you cannot practice thats a disadvantage. why are you all making it to be more then that?

Yep, they have the field on top of the student rec center. The soccer team plays their games on it now.

Yale won 30 national championships fielding teams made up of nerdy white kids from the Northeast. Mark Richt should use that as a recruiting base. OLD SCHOOL. Most NCAA championships were won by teams traveling via bus. BRING BACK THE GREYHOUNDS. In the 20s, guys didn't lift weights. WEIGHTLIFTING IS A WASTE OF TIME.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back