Other Coaching Moves

Doug Belk was a GA at Bama back in 2014, he learned under Kirby Smart.

He was a coach I had in my CB’s candidate thread, very good uprising recruiter, but he just got bumped up to DC for Houston this offseason. I’m sure Bama could offer him more money, but if I were Belk I’d rather be a DC in Houston than just be a foot soldier for Saban, but he’s definitely gonna be one of the guys who’s heavily considered to replace Scott.

Jules Montinar just got hired at UF like 3 weeks ago, doubt he’d leave that fast, but I’d LMAO if he did.

Marcus Woodson at FSU would be a great steal & would be great AF for us, anytime FSU loses a coach is a good thing because they don’t have the cache they used to have in being able to assemble a good staff lol.

Aazaar Abdul-Rahim is another intriguing candidate, he was also an Analyst at Bama in 2014-15 & was at Maryland with DJ Durkin & has been doing very well at Boston College with Jeff Hafley. He’s a local DC guy who’s a very good recruiter & Bama recruits the DMV area like crazy espeically at St. Frances Academy in Bmore & Dematha in PG County.

And Deshea Townsend played at Bama in the 90’s for Gene Stallings.
He is definitely heavily tied into the DMV. I'm shocked Locksley didn't go hard after him. This area is too fertile for him not to recruit all the hired guns he can get.

Advertisement
What happened with the DC that Michigan just fired? Imo he was a scapegoat for Harbaugh and is a pretty good DC. I remember him being good at BC as well... or am i trippin?

Advertisement
Pruitt ain’t getting a job right now. Don’t think TRob is even on their candidate list though.
I feel like if Saban was bringing in radioactive guys guys like Tosh Lupoi and DJ Durkin, he'd mess w Pruitt again. Dont know about w this vacancy, but they ain't scared or concerned about perception or the NCAA like that.

I feel like if Saban was bringing in radioactive guys guys like Tosh Lupoi and DJ Durkin, he'd mess w Pruitt again. Dont know about w this vacancy, but they ain't scared or concerned about perception or the NCAA like that.
I mean the NCAA hasn’t even finished investigating Tennessee yet. Pruitt got an NFL job already

CIS fan favorite and former punching bag gator coach Will Muschamp is taking an off field position at UGA.

Advertisement
I mean the NCAA hasn’t even finished investigating Tennessee yet. Pruitt got an NFL job already
Yeah Assistant w the G Men (my 3rd fave NFL team 😆). Hed leave to be a position coach if offered.

Probably right tho. He sits sits in the pros for a few years ala Neuheisal.

How’s Brandon as a recruiter? He was one of my favorites when he played.
He spent last year as an Analyst at FSU, so he really hasn’t had much experience as a recruiter.

But being a coaches son & having familiarity with the whole process he’ll probably be pretty good at it.

FIU is the perfect place for him to pay his dues & learn ins & outs of recruiting & being a full time CB’s coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He spent last year as an Analyst at FSU, so he really hasn’t had much experience as a recruiter.

But being a coaches son & having familiarity with the whole process he’ll probably be pretty good at it.

FIU is the perfect place for him to pay his dues & learn ins & outs of recruiting & being a full time CB’s coach.
I agree. I like Brandon.
My bad on the downvote. At work. Lol

FWIW he worked with Lashlee in 2012.

He allegedly wanted Jeff Lebby this year before hiring Butch Jones, but he hadn't the money to pry him from Ole Miss. He should be able to afford him now.

Advertisement
Back