Other Coaching Moves

And infinite excuses that our coach is a savage and waiting until everyone worth a **** throughout the nation already has a job is actually his strategy... Blind leading the blind. But we run **** on everyone else's transfers.
It ain’t free agency. A coach being currently employed isn’t really an obstacle if Diaz actually did want to hire someone. The date on the calendar doesn’t mean anything. We finished up the class with the portal.

Advertisement
I understand the criticism and frustration but this is a little off base in my view. At a very minimum, he still does have DL coach to get figured out so it's not like no discussions are happening. And we've seen that Manny keeps everything close to the vest. I'm not saying it's not amateur hour at Hecht but to make a definitive statement that nothing is happening is taking it too far in my view.
I'm not saying nothing is happening. I'm saying his lack of urgency as well as his lack of respect in coaching circles has made it to where most respected candidates have already moved on or are in talks elsewhere. My point was basically he's sitting on his *** again and saying me and my system aren't the problem neither are my guys. That's why I laugh when y'all say blake baker is going somewhere like it makes a difference. THEY CALL THE DEFENSE TOGETHER AND WHAT THEY CALL IS MANNYS SYSTEM... So what legit coach is in a rush to get here and be this dudes puppet? Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

It ain’t free agency. A coach being currently employed isn’t really an obstacle if Diaz actually did want to hire someone. The date on the calendar doesn’t mean anything. We finished up the class with the portal.
You think this is just some corporate headhunter we got as a corch? People being employed elsewhere sure the **** is relevant. Because any coach who values his career and his name in coaching circles dont go around burning all sorts of bridges especially for coaches they know are on a clock & don't give them much in return. To fool y'all is easy. But footballs circle is small. Coaches circles are even smaller. A spade is a spade unless you're the one person playing hearts or pinochle. Our staff is stuck on go fish.

You think this is just some corporate headhunter we got as a corch? People being employed elsewhere sure the **** is relevant. Because any coach who values his career and his name in coaching circles dont go around burning all sorts of bridges especially for coaches they know are on a clock & don't give them much in return. To fool y'all is easy. But footballs circle is small. Coaches circles are even smaller. A spade is a spade unless you're the one person playing hearts or pinochle. Our staff is stuck on go fish.
So Diaz couldn't hire a good DC off a G5 school's staff right now because its January 13th? Didn't say anything about taking a guy who just got a job. Why is mid January such a detriment? He hired Justice on Jan 11th last year. Is his name now mud in coaching circles? He hired Likens(who was out of work) in February. A more than qualified candidate. Dates on the calendar are overrated.

Morning brother, blessings

Advertisement
I'm not saying nothing is happening. I'm saying his lack of urgency as well as his lack of respect in coaching circles has made it to where most respected candidates have already moved on or are in talks elsewhere. My point was basically he's sitting on his *** again and saying me and my system aren't the problem neither are my guys. That's why I laugh when y'all say blake baker is going somewhere like it makes a difference. THEY CALL THE DEFENSE TOGETHER AND WHAT THEY CALL IS MANNYS SYSTEM... So what legit coach is in a rush to get here and be this dudes puppet? Ignorance is bliss I suppose.
understood. but why does a guy like TRob come here to work for Blake effing Baker? Just doesn't make any sense. Sure, he wasn't a great DC but isn't he a pretty highly thought of DB coach?

understood. but why does a guy like TRob come here to work for Blake effing Baker? Just doesn't make any sense. Sure, he wasn't a great DC but isn't he a pretty highly thought of DB coach?
You guys tremendously over value some of these people. Trob has tried to be here three separate times that I know of. Last time being when baker ended up hired his name was in it for dc as well. He's a very highly valued recruiter but when it comes to the coaching he leaves things to be desired. We need coaches to develop the kids we do get first and foremost. I like the trob hire especially since with ephraim being gone he'll get a lil bit of say so on who he targets. But he's not some elite target anywhere but on here.

Advertisement
You guys tremendously over value some of these people. Trob has tried to be here three separate times that I know of. Last time being when baker ended up hired his name was in it for dc as well. He's a very highly valued recruiter but when it comes to the coaching he leaves things to be desired. We need coaches to develop the kids we do get first and foremost. I like the trob hire especially since with ephraim being gone he'll get a lil bit of say so on who he targets. But he's not some elite target anywhere but on here.
He’s gonna have a first rounder this year in Jaycee Horn. That should help.

Finished up the class FOR NOW.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s a shame

I mean...

So Diaz couldn't hire a good DC off a G5 school's staff right now because its January 13th? Didn't say anything about taking a guy who just got a job. Why is mid January such a detriment? He hired Justice on Jan 11th last year. Is his name now mud in coaching circles? He hired Likens(who was out of work) in February. A more than qualified candidate. Dates on the calendar are overrated.

The part U’re forgetting is that his first hire was Lashlee, before those other hires. Typically & normally a coordinator would want a say or input as to who his support staff is. So by you naming the hire date of Justice & Likens is inconsequential b/c Lashlee, our OC, was hired first. Just like Enos was hired first, prior to adding the support staff.

T-Rob, the portal, and possibly Simpson will distract most fans just enough to forget Baker, Patke & the scheme will still be here. Hoping that’s not the case, but again, typically the guy running the O or D wants input on who’s w him.

Advertisement
Back