OTH -- Gus Felder interview

Advertisement
Re the interview -- I didnt like it. His constant references to PSU irritated me. His having to tell the guys to stop working out or throwing on the field and go home to get rest. His amazement about how willing the players are to put in work. Florida football is different. It's not by accident that 3 Florida teams were on TV in opening weekend. I dont think he gets it. Talking about bringing your children to the gym when you do your workouts. Would it be acceptable to bring your child to practice on the field? No because you need to be focused -- just like you should be in the weightroom.

I dont think he's got the mental make up to create Hurricanes in the off-season. He's not a four-finger guy. He's a PSU guy and none of them are winners.

Is that you, Swasey?

The turnaround in the physical makeup of this team is impressive.

That is true but that is not all Felder. The fact that the team has their own nutritionist plays a large role in that. Nutrition is 80% of it and the team is finally eating properly.

Nutrition is not 80%. More like 25%

The fact you think nutrition is only 25% of results let's me know you know nothing about working out and probably never touched a weight in your life

Advertisement

That is true but that is not all Felder. The fact that the team has their own nutritionist plays a large role in that. Nutrition is 80% of it and the team is finally eating properly.

The fact you think nutrition is only 25% of results let's me know you know nothing about working out and probably never touched a weight in your life

Wrong about what I know and laughably wrong about if I have ever touched weight. If you need me to 'prove' it, I can - though that would seem rather immature to have to do on a football forum for strangers.

I can tell you the real math is probably about an even split between work out regiment and genetics and then 25% for nutrition (a little more or a little less, depending on your genetics).

Wrong about what I know and laughably wrong about if I have ever touched weight. If you need me to 'prove' it, I can - though that would seem rather immature to have to do on a football forum for strangers.

I can tell you the real math is probably about an even split between work out regiment and genetics and then 25% for nutrition (a little more or a little less, depending on your genetics).

Look man your out of your depth. Go ask any S&C coach or nutritionist whats more important they will say nutrition. But since you think you are right and you say you workout eat garbage food for 2 months follow your routine and show me your results. I am sure you will have great body comp changes since nutrition doesn't mean much. ROTFLMAO

Look man your out of your depth. Go ask any S&C coach or nutritionist whats more important they will say nutrition. But since you think you are right and you say you workout eat garbage food for 2 months follow your routine and show me your results. I am sure you will have great body comp changes since nutrition doesn't mean much. ROTFLMAO

Never argue with meatheads about "the process"

I know I am an NASM CPT, FNS, GFS, WFS, TRX certified and NSCA CSCS. The argument that Nutrition isn't that big a deal is the weak minded and lazy mans argument. It is a way for them to make excuses for not getting results. They say oh that guy has a trainer or he has better genetics. Wrong you just don't have the willpower to work out hard and eat properly day in day out.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I know I am an NASM CPT, FNS, GFS, WFS, TRX certified and NSCA CSCS. The argument that Nutrition isn't that big a deal is the weak minded and lazy mans argument. It is a way for them to make excuses for not getting results. They say oh that guy has a trainer or he has better genetics. Wrong you just don't have the willpower to work out hard and eat properly day in day out.

LMAO you are asking me to eat garbage for two months. What you do not realize is that I eat garbage everyday. I eat like im still in college. - fast food, pizza, ice cream - all that 'bad' stuff for just about every meal EVERYDAY. I can not understate how terrible my diet is. And still yet, I am in very very good shape (though if I actually tightened up this diet i would be in superior shape). For this reason I can tell you that nutrition is NOT 80% as you claim, and realistically more like 25%. If it were truly 80%, or even 50%, I would be a weak and fat slob that could barely run a mile.

I think you just aren't understanding the math. 80% would mean I can literally only eat right, barely touch a weight or go for a run, and still be in great shape. That is just not true. Nutrition, at the 25% mark, is still a big number and still a very crucial part of overall fitness, but it is not the most important part which is what i'm arguing.

CFLCane - thanks for joining the conversation. Meathead implies bloated, juiced up dudes that cant run or sprint to save their life. Completely off the mark.

LMAO you are asking me to eat garbage for two months. What you do not realize is that I eat garbage everyday. I eat like im still in college. - fast food, pizza, ice cream - all that 'bad' stuff for just about every meal EVERYDAY. I can not understate how terrible my diet is. And still yet, I am in very very good shape (though if I actually tightened up this diet i would be in superior shape). For this reason I can tell you that nutrition is NOT 80% as you claim, and realistically more like 25%. If it were truly 80%, or even 50%, I would be a weak and fat slob that could barely run a mile.

I think you just aren't understanding the math. 80% would mean I can literally only eat right, barely touch a weight or go for a run, and still be in great shape. That is just not true. Nutrition, at the 25% mark, is still a big number and still a very crucial part of overall fitness, but it is not the most important part which is what i'm arguing.

CFLCane - thanks for joining the conversation. Meathead implies bloated, juiced up dudes that cant run or sprint to save their life. Completely off the mark.

I am sure buddy you eat like crap with pizza, ice cream and drink loads of beer and you are in really good shape LOL. I am sure you look like a Greek God in your own mind. Delusion is a terrible thing.

I am sure buddy you eat like crap with pizza, ice cream and drink loads of beer and you are in really good shape LOL. I am sure you look like a Greek God in your own mind. Delusion is a terrible thing.

Your denial of the role genetics plays is sad. You hate people like me because we barely have to try and yet we are stronger and faster than you - even with your entire life being fitness and it being down to like the 6th hobby on my list. I pity you for the the weak genes your daddy passed to you.

Your denial of the role genetics plays is sad. You hate people like me because we barely have to try and yet we are stronger and faster than you - even with your entire life being fitness and it being down to like the 6th hobby on my list. I pity you for the the weak genes your daddy passed to you.

Nobody is hating on you God **** you are a delusional weak minded person. I am sure you look like Ronnie Coleman guy and you had the genes to be in the NFL if only things went differently. Delusional guys like you are a dime a dozen. You are not who you think you are but I will leave you to your fantasy world where you are a freak of nature you clown. LOL

Advertisement
Re the interview -- I didnt like it. His constant references to PSU irritated me. His having to tell the guys to stop working out or throwing on the field and go home to get rest. His amazement about how willing the players are to put in work. Florida football is different. It's not by accident that 3 Florida teams were on TV in opening weekend. I dont think he gets it. Talking about bringing your children to the gym when you do your workouts. Would it be acceptable to bring your child to practice on the field? No because you need to be focused -- just like you should be in the weightroom.

I dont think he's got the mental make up to create Hurricanes in the off-season. He's not a four-finger guy. He's a PSU guy and none of them are winners.

I can't believe Richt didn't watch this interview before taking a flyer on another Jo Pa guy.

I can't believe Richt didn't watch this interview before taking a flyer on another Jo Pa guy.

Old School Gus Felder
[video=youtube;022CpMtBr2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=022CpMtBr2U[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement

Nobody is hating on you God **** you are a delusional weak minded person. I am sure you look like Ronnie Coleman guy and you had the genes to be in the NFL if only things went differently. Delusional guys like you are a dime a dozen. You are not who you think you are but I will leave you to your fantasy world where you are a freak of nature you clown. LOL

lol you're funny bro. Love how you throw Ronnie Coleman and 'freak of nature' in there like if I was claiming to be 'big' lmao. Not at all. Just in said I was in good shape and eat like **** and this notion that nutrition is more important than work ethic and genetics is retarded. Just like you're retarded.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back