OT - Why is Florida getting passed up in producing football talent?

Advertisement
That's fair but you also have to see an alarming trend also with kids moving out of state to continue high school. I think as a whole Florida youth footballs #1 problem is very average coaching. That's not to say there is no schools who actually coach their kids up but I see a ton of kids getting the pee wee league treatment where you just play your best kids (regardless of what their positions should be)in the most pivotal of spots. Winning is always gonna be key as it should be. But putting kids in a position they can grow is pretty **** important. At a certain point you gotta be able to say more than I'm confident getting a wr,rb or a db out of Florida... Also obviously not every city in Florida has the same issues(or public schools opposed to private schools etc) but when I watch high school football now I see alot of popularity contests with lil fundamentals. I recognize this is more ur field so feel free to straighten me(or @Coach Macho u too)but that's just my observation.

Would be interesting to see the numbers of the kids originally from FL on the list from the other states

States with the most 2022 NFL Draft selections:

Texas - 32
Georgia - 30
California - 22
Florida - 21

We got passed by Texas for the first time ever a few years ago, but to fall out of the top 3? Something's rotten in Denmark.
You will get a lot of negative reactions for this, but its true... the state of Florida was competing for National Championships for about 20 years straight, now it's a challenge for the big 3 to be ranked. Obviously, people are in denial. Even on Sundays, you don't see as many stars, especially on offense.

Advertisement
Back