OT - Why is Florida getting passed up in producing football talent?

Goulds Cane

Senior
Advertisement

States with the most 2022 NFL Draft selections:

Texas - 32
Georgia - 30
California - 22
Florida - 21

We got passed by Texas for the first time ever a few years ago, but to fall out of the top 3? Something's rotten in Denmark.
Not this sh*t again lol
****** Broward County had more draft picks than whole states a few short years ago.

The State of Texas has a million colleges that play football, they always have high numbers. They should always be in the top. Georgial won the MNC ...teams that win always have their players overvalued and drafted.

Early Mocks for next years draft already has 4 Florida guys to pop.

When the National Football League kicked-off the 2021 season last weekend, there were more former Florida high school football players on Kickoff Weekend rosters than any other state.

According to a news release from the NFL, there were 192 Floridians spread across 32 team rosters. Texas had the second most players with 189, followed by California with 168 and Georgia with 124.

STATES WITH MOST NFL PLAYERS

StateNFL PlayersStateNFL Players
Florida192Alabama58
Texas189New Jersey56
California168Illinois51
Georgia124Michigan49
Ohio70Maryland43
Louisiana68South Carolina43
North Carolina61Virginia42
Pennsylvania61Tennessee35
There were 19 players from Miami, Florida high schools on Kickoff Weekend rosters, the most of any city. Houston produced the second-most players in 2021

Yea bro close this thread.

Last edited:
Not this sh*t again lol
****** Broward County had more draft picks than whole states a few short years ago.

The State of Texas has a million colleges that play football, they always have high numbers. They should always be in the top. Georgial won the MNC ...teams that win always have their players overvalued and drafted.

When the National Football League kicked-off the 2021 season last weekend, there were more former Florida high school football players on Kickoff Weekend rosters than any other state.

According to a news release from the NFL, there were 192 Floridians spread across 32 team rosters. Texas had the second most players with 189, followed by California with 168 and Georgia with 124.

Florida192Alabama58
Texas189New Jersey56
California168Illinois51
Georgia124Michigan49
Ohio70Maryland43
There were 19 players from Miami, Florida high schools on Kickoff Weekend rosters, the most of any city. Houston produced the second-most players in 2021

That's fair but you also have to see an alarming trend also with kids moving out of state to continue high school. I think as a whole Florida youth footballs #1 problem is very average coaching. That's not to say there is no schools who actually coach their kids up but I see a ton of kids getting the pee wee league treatment where you just play your best kids (regardless of what their positions should be)in the most pivotal of spots. Winning is always gonna be key as it should be. But putting kids in a position they can grow is pretty **** important. At a certain point you gotta be able to say more than I'm confident getting a wr,rb or a db out of Florida... Also obviously not every city in Florida has the same issues(or public schools opposed to private schools etc) but when I watch high school football now I see alot of popularity contests with lil fundamentals. I recognize this is more ur field so feel free to straighten me(or @Coach Macho u too)but that's just my observation.

Advertisement
Poor funding and pay for coaches, anti-tough rules and spread set football softened too many Florida boys IMO humble as it maybe.
Spread set football? Florida is the land of wing-T and power option football lmao. 90% of practice is just kids hitting each other as hard as possible. Half these coaches don't even know any football schemes, they just scream "hit em in the mouth!!!!!" I agree on the poor funding part.

It’s just one year can’t be at the top every year now with other states investing more into their high school football programs like high level strength and conditioning, college/nfl level coaching, and training tables ala couple private schools in FL. But for the most part Florida does it without all the add ons of states like Texas, Ga, and Cali. Money ain’t flowing into high school programs in FL like they are in those other states. If they it was the the numbers would be even more favorable to Florida players.

I mean, at some point the other states have to eventually catch up?
Isn't that just the way it goes, can't be at the top forever.
Surprised its still kicking considering the resources a place like Texas or Georgia pour into it.

Advertisement
It’s just one year can’t be at the top every year now with other states investingore into their high school football programs like high level strength and conditioning, college/nfl level coaching, and training tables ala couple private schools in FL. But for the most part Florida does it without all the add ons of states like Texas, Ga, and Cali. Money ain’t flowing into high school programs in FL like they are in those other states. If they it was the the numbers would be even more favorable to Florida players.
1652585229276.png

I mean, at some point the other states have to eventually catch up?
Isn't that just the way it goes, can't be at the top forever.
Surprised its still kicking considering the resources a place like Texas or Georgia pour into it.
The worst part of it is that all of the talent is coming from south florida...a place with volunteer high school coaches, no weightrooms, game fields that look like baghdad...and NO MONEY from booster clubs,etc and some of the poorest kids in the state....YEA. What the state of texas does is not imp[ressive to me at all. They have high school programs with more support than most of our div 1 group of 5 colleges.

Im impressed by Georgia, Louisiana, and recently Missouri

Texas - 32
Georgia - 30
California - 22
Florida - 21

We got passed by Texas for the first time ever a few years ago, but to fall out of the top 3? Something's rotten in Denmark.

Generally speaking, the State of Florida does not pay teachers or coaches very well, and we sure as **** don't spend as much money on facilities as they do in Texas.

Advertisement
Not this sh*t again lol

Florida192Alabama58
Texas189New Jersey56
California168Illinois51
Georgia124Michigan49
Ohio70Maryland43

Just wrapped up the state championship track and field meets. It was odd to not have multiple sub 10.4 guys.. I know it’s not apples to apples but it does seem odd. I just think it comes in waves and every few years we will have a down year and panic.

Advertisement

Texas - 32
Georgia - 30
California - 22
Florida - 21

Covid and the extra year of eligibility will impact these numbers for two more years. Texas will always be 1/2 with us. If you didn’t consider that, you’re not paying attention.

The coaching has always been sub par for the most part. It’s not like Florida used to spend money on public schools but just recently stopped. Our kids are often not the finished product they are coming out of Texas high schools. It’s a blessing and a curse. Now if Nick Saban and Kirby Smart could read this article and leave our Florida kids alone, I’d really appreciate it

Just wrapped up the state championship track and field meets. It was odd to not have multiple sub 10.4 guys.. I know it’s not apples to apples but it does seem odd. I just think it comes in waves and every few years we will have a down year and panic.
Kids werent training...pandemic...and even that if you think the football teams are under coached. lol

I graduated high school early 2000s...the track coach at my high school is still there...screaming RUN with a straw hat on blocking the sun...and no 1 else...and to think we are typically a solid team in track at my school.

These kids are just out there off raw talent and coming off of playing football year round etc.

Advertisement
Back