OT - Why is Florida getting passed up in producing football talent?

A better question would be why Texas isn’t blowing out everyone else, on a yearly basis. Considering how much money they spend and the facilities they have, along with the large population. I think as long as Florida is in the top 3 it’s actually overachieving.
They also have a million colleges in the state allowing more kids to be seen by nfl teams and still doesnt blow everyone out the water. In fct their flagship school had a grand total of 0 kids drafted this year

Advertisement
It’s just one year can’t be at the top every year now with other states investing more into their high school football programs like high level strength and conditioning, college/nfl level coaching, and training tables ala couple private schools in FL. But for the most part Florida does it without all the add ons of states like Texas, Ga, and Cali. Money ain’t flowing into high school programs in FL like they are in those other states. If they it was the the numbers would be even more favorable to Florida players.
If money's not flowing like in those states, I'd get ready to see this be a continuing trend. With more money, out of state schools will be able to recruit FLA players. I'd be surprised if the top schools don't start being in TX and GA if they've got or are spending more money.

Definitely a prisoner of the moment thread, but I do think it's weird how defensive people get about this stuff. Sometimes states have down years? Sometimes the college teams in your state all suck? Who gives a ****, we all know there's plenty of talent in Florida.

States with the most 2022 NFL Draft selections:

Texas - 32
Georgia - 30
California - 22
Florida - 21

We got passed by Texas for the first time ever a few years ago, but to fall out of the top 3? Something's rotten in Denmark.
Because Miami, UF, and FSU are mediocre right now. All three schools rosters are Florida heavy.

Advertisement
I can tell you here in Alabama the High Schools have a year round football class elective every morning 07:30 - 09:00 where players lift, skill train, and watch video of next years opponents. Then there’s practice in the evenings. There’s a training table, football only weight room, and supplement bar. Also a full practice field where no games are played and is only for the football teams. This is are the public schools. For its population Alabama cranks out a lot of talent.

The coaching budgets are so low here that most of the assistants are volunteers. Often times, they're just the head coach's buddies. Most of the time, those guys don't know crap either. My buddy and used to joke about some of these assistants whose coaching pretty much consisted of them yelling "DO IT BETTER!" when a kid messed up.

Florida is like the Puerto Rico of boxing. It's small compared to Texas and all those other places. They not getting passed sfla in talent....sfla has the best talent per person. Period end of story. If u think otherwise just kill yourself.

Last edited:
The coaching budgets are so low here that most of the assistants are volunteers. Often times, they're just the head coach's buddies. Most of the time, those guys don't know crap either. My buddy and used to joke about some of these assistants whose coaching pretty much consisted of them yelling "DO IT BETTER!" when a kid messed up.
BUSS EM IN THE MOUTH.

I basically lost money volunteering to coach high school down here...and wasnt even planned was stopping to say whats up to my homie and ended up coaching 2 years. lol

Advertisement
High school coaches in Texas make $100k or better and have facilities that the Cowboys/Texans use. So the talent there is groomed a lot better, but SoFl still has a sh*t ton of raw athletes annually.

Florida is like the Puerto Rico of boxing. It's small compared to Texas and all those other places. They not getting passed sfla in talent....sfla has the best talent per person. Period end of story. If u think otherwise just kill yourself.
Great analogy, what Puerto Rico has done in pro boxing is crazy. I can't think of anything that even compares to that. Even SaFLa in Football. Maybe jamaica with sprinter(but I don't know enough about old school sprinting to make a case for that).

Advertisement
The better question is why didn’t Miami recruit any of the 21 kids who were drafted?

We’ve done a terrible job of scouting talent and should have hired Highsmith in some role

Advertisement

States with the most 2022 NFL Draft selections:

Texas - 32
Georgia - 30
California - 22
Florida - 21

We got passed by Texas for the first time ever a few years ago, but to fall out of the top 3? Something's rotten in Denmark.
These kids get blinded by bags and go to the wrong college for them in opportunity to play and then lose confidence and fade away.

After being bagged and pooned they sign then arrive to no fanfare just a long line just like anyone else LOST then they sleep in a dorm with no home town feeling then find out there 4-5 deep in depth chart with piece of duct tape on there helmet with there name and might play there junior year.

All the fanfare of STUD GONE and there just a HEY YOU WHAT’S YOUR NAME.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back