OT: Why do people hate ESPN?

If you're a UM fan and don't hate ESPN, that is far more concerning.

If you're a Cane fan and about that #badboylifestyle it shouldn't matter. Let 'em talk all they want! Just win! Best way to shut 'em up.

yah so the number 1 sports reporting "agency" or shall we call "news station" which everyone in sports watches for all their "news" constantly bashing the ever loving SH*T out of us... "shouldn't matter"

I guess you missed the part in life where "reputation is everything"

maybe if fox news constantly reported how you left the milk out over night, or you left the gate open, or how you mowed the grass a day late you'd start to understand.

Advertisement
I think most of ESPN's non live sports programming is unwatchable but their ACC contract is very good for us, especially out of market fans.

If you're a Cane fan and about that #badboylifestyle it shouldn't matter. Let 'em talk all they want! Just win! Best way to shut 'em up.

yah so the number 1 sports reporting "agency" or shall we call "news station" which everyone in sports watches for all their "news" constantly bashing the ever loving SH*T out of us... "shouldn't matter"

maybe if fox news constantly reported how you left the milk out over night, or you left the gate open, or how you mowed the grass a day late you'd start to understand.

I "understand" what you're "saying", I just don't like your "analogy." Thanks for your "input."

Giving an Espy to an ex-athlete for being a tranny was an insult to hard working athletes who actually deserved the award. ESPN is off unless the Canes are on it.

Advertisement
I like Bomani Jones & Sportsnation, other than that I'll really only watch if there's a game on.

But, Jason Whitlock over on FS1 is the worst commentator in Sports.

I "understand" what you're "saying", I just don't like your "analogy." Thanks for your "input."

This entire thread is just you wanting to incite something on this forum

Lumping you and br0ck into the same category

Thanks for the detailed responses. I wanted an in-depth convo, and that's what I've gotten so far. My response would be:

*What is the true alternative if you want to watch sports discussion/news on TV besides the equal to worse garbage on FS1?

*They are in the ratings game, bottom line.They promote what sells. SEC football fans put the fanatical in fan and follow the sport obsessively. If the Pac-10 or ACC had a run like the $EC and had loser fans who ate up content 24/7 they would slurp them too.

*Many fan bases feel overly persecuted, ours is no exception. The bad-boy image that I LOVE and WE did play a part in perpetuating ourselves I admit is polarizing, but it's the nature of the beast to attack schools now. Ask Baylor and Penn State fans, which are deserving of scorn. It was Yahoo that actually broke the Shapiro (Snitch B*tch) story.

*I'd love to see more of the "old ESPN" but unfortunately the younger sports fan is changing which is making sports media/television change. Social media integration, TMZ-style reporting, etc. It's the times more so than ESPN.

To be fair, Miami has plenty of fans who eat up content 24/7 it's just that we...they don't want to pay for it.

Advertisement
The last time I watched Sportscenter the dumb broad broadcasting was talking about grilled cheese sandwiches...

Their anchors think they are clever and funny, and it makes the shown unwatchable.

Broads talking bout grilled cheese, Lmao. I just take it for what it is and don't get too worked up about it.

Lol I swear man, freaking grilled cheese sandwiches!

I'll be honest I still watch Sportscenter here and there, but man sometimes it is GOD AWFUL!

ESPN has been a political agenda pushing puke pile for as long as I can remember. They currently serve as the defacto propaganda arm of the corrupt NCAA/SEC establishment. ESPN is a joke.

Advertisement
LOL. Brock loved Al Golden and he loves Jemele Hill. Seems about right

No I love the 6 sports center show that just debuted not too long ago. And they are real

Quit stepping on rakes, Broke. ****, for every sensible thing you do on here, for every twit-pic or new update you bring us which make me want to step up and defend you at times, you do ten stupid things that make me want to drop a molotov c0cktail through your bathroom window while you are on the ****ter.

A-urla.gif

The last time I watched Sportscenter the dumb broad broadcasting was talking about grilled cheese sandwiches...

Their anchors think they are clever and funny, and it makes the shown unwatchable.

Got that right. That punk *** Zubin Whateverthefvck is the worst of them all

I don't like ESPN because it's too opinion based. I don't want to hear your opinion, just show me the highlights, describe what's in the highlights and STFU.

I used to watch the talking head shows but it got to the point where I knew what they were going to say before they even say it.

Too political, too liberal, too conservative = I'm sick of it.

There is zero originality.

Advertisement
SVP is a clown with the I'm-the-semi-cute-but-fair-cool-guy when in reality he's an arrogant dweeb, like most of those guys at ESPN.

If you have 2 minutes, listen to this pathetic attempt of him trying to connect with a chick he met in a bar. Playing the funny-loser-routine instead of being straight. Needs a punch in the face and to be told to be real.

Scott Van Pelt Has A Way With The Ladies

Thankfully Michael Smith and Jemele Hill have completely driven me away from ESPN by taking over the only 2 shows I've really stuck around for.

They are doing a great job. Love them and cari champion. She bad af to me

Even I gotta downvote you for this one. They are ******* terrible. Their show was never anything more than them goofing off for however long they were on and calling it a sports show. No idea why they handed them the keys to one of the few respectable segments left on that god-forsaken network.

I almost never watch ESPN. I'll watch for the start of free agency, because Adam Schefter is a beast. Given the choice I watch NFL Network over ESPN. And I literally couldn't give a **** about any sports commentary that isn't football. So the only other time I watch ESPN is for the actual sporting event.

ESPNU is watchable for me, though the SEC propaganda is ******* insane. College Gameday is only watchable for Rece Davis and Herbstreit.
Around the Horn is terrible. First Take is ******* trash (FS1's Skip & Shannon is a million times worse). Mike and Mike is mostly trash. Honestly the only thing that I like is Sportsnation. And The best thing ESPN has done is their 30 for 30 series.

Advertisement
Back