OT/ Which of these Miami greats would you vote for to make 2022 NFL HOF class?

Advertisement
Calling Reggie Wayne "borderline" Hall of Fame is one of the stupidest things I've heard in my entire life.
If Reggie didn't share time with Harrison....imagine his stats now....To say "Borderline" HOF is absurd...Best possession reciever in UM History...and Top 5 hands in NFL History without the use of stickum...

Everyone gets it up here on sports radio. Nobody is safe. Just the way it is in this media market. There was one exception. Vince Wilfork. Worked hard, great teammate, great personality and was a staple on a dynasty.

The other guys will get in. It may be soon or may take a little time but they will get in. I really hope Vince does and I think the playing on the dynasty team helps him. Pats got a gift when he fell to them. People love the guy up here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah after reed, monk, lofton and bruce got it, AJ and Wayne have to grt it.
Exactly. And for people to act like he put up numbers just because of Manning, that's a joke. There's a reason Manning went nuts when they drafted Wayne. There's also a reason he threw him the ball so **** much.

The sack numbers just aren't there...I know he was a NT and all, but there will also be a number of DTs getting in from "his" era, probably moreso than other eras and I think it leaves him out.

Aaron Donald, Kevin Williams, Ndamukong Suh, Geno Atkins are, IMO the guys that should be in. Ridiculous sack numbers from the position. I, personally, think Gerald McCoy should get in...

But then you get to contemporaries like Haloti Ngata, Fletcher Cox that should be in line before him.

Its just a long road for Vince, IMO. Only 16 career sacks is going to be tough in an era where you've got guys going in with over 60.

Maybe much much later, but he's got a long wait if so, IMO.
Donald played 3T and 5T like Geno. Vince played 0 tech NT. He had different responsibilities than those two.

Advertisement
The Hall Of Fame is funny and I do believe these guys should all be in Canton one day but It's not too far fetched that it may take a long time.

Just looking at WR. Look at the all greats that are not in and now they are in an extremely long line because too much time has past.

Henry Ellard didn't really get a chance to shine until 88 5 years into his career because of the Rams offense. The man finished with 814 catches and 13,777 yards.
Sterling Sharpe Didn't get Farve until 4 years in and was still amazing.
Gary Clark has 2 rings
Torry Holt has 1 ring.

There are many more and many of them were doing that deal before all the rule changes and supercharged offenses.

The Hall Of Fame is funny and I do believe these guys should all be in Canton one day but It's not too far fetched that it may take a long time.

Just looking at WR. Look at the all greats that are not in and now they are in an extremely long line because too much time has past.

Henry Ellard didn't really get a chance to shine until 88 5 years into his career because of the Rams offense. The man finished with 814 catches and 13,777 yards.
Sterling Sharpe Didn't get Farve until 4 years in and was still amazing.
Gary Clark has 2 rings
Torry Holt has 1 ring.

There are many more and many of them were doing that deal before all the rule changes and supercharged offenses.
Santana has Cusp/HOF numbers, but most probably won't get in...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wayne - 22 will be his year. Not sure he should have been first year selection but 2nd year yes...
Hester -- 22 might be hard but expect him 22 or 23... SB kickoff only locked it for me... NFL records including total combined special team touchdowns (20), most non-offensive touchdowns (20), most kickoff and punt return touchdowns (19)
Dre... 23 same reason as Wayne...
Vince -? - is a hall of fame personality.... But for me nose tackle very hard for me to see the numbers are not there ... 5 Pro Bowls and 16 sacks in 189 games. I would have expected more pro bowls.
This is Wayne's 3rd year of eligibility. He was already a finalist in 2020 and 2021: https://www.nfl.com/news/hall-of-fa...-finalists-for-class-of-2020-0ap3000001094008

Reggie will be first in and should be this year. Hester and Johnson will get in - I expect within the next 3 years. Would love Big Vince in there too but it'll be tough given all the resistance around NTs and the fact that he's not a stat-master.

If Reggie didn't share time with Harrison....imagine his stats now....To say "Borderline" HOF is absurd...Best possession reciever in UM History...and Top 5 hands in NFL History without the use of stickum...
1,000 career receptions is today's gold standard. He will get in but he is going to have to wait his turn. He also played in an era where a defensive back could not touch a receiver after 5 yards stickum or no stickum. Can you imagine a guy like Steve Largent who was always open even though a defensive back could mug you in today's era? Andre has almost identifical stats.

Last edited:
All of these guys are in their first year of eligibility. Sorry was having trouble with the poll thing.

Andre Johnson
Devin Hester
Vince Wilfork
Reggie Wayne
They'll get in. It took a long time for Brian Mitchell to get in, but Hester has NFL records for career touchdown returns. Johnson's and Wayne's stats are identical and they hit the gold standard 1,000 career receptions which matters for this era. Vince gets in, but if I had to guess he is #4 on the list. He was dominant during a 4 to 5 year stretch at tackle.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back