Off-Topic OT: What you shootin’

Advertisement
Browning A-5 Light 12 (Japan)
Browning A-Bolt .30-06 - Leupold VX1 3-9x40mm
Ted Williams (Winchester 190) Purchased at Sears
View attachment 120102
@24/7canes
Im just sitting here looking at that carpet thinking dam hes got some clean carpet. lol . I own a carpet cleaning company and your carpets look great . lol. If your looking for another Leupold scope im selling mine. Its a VARX III 4.5x16 I believe. might be 4.5x14. Its to fancy for me, has to many gadgets on it that I dont know how to use and dont feel like trying to figure out .

Im just sitting here looking at that carpet thinking dam hes got some clean carpet. lol . I own a carpet cleaning company and your carpets look great . lol. If your looking for another Leupold scope im selling mine. Its a VARX III 4.5x16 I believe. might be 4.5x14. Its to fancy for me, has to many gadgets on it that I dont know how to use and dont feel like trying to figure out .

That is a low traffic area. It just happened to be next to a window where I could get some good lighting. Thank you though. I know what you mean about the scopes. I'm not in the market for one at this time. What you have is a nice scope though if someone is looking for a good deer scope. You should be able to sell that on ebay.

F33ED234-036F-4664-A694-2198E3D6A548.jpeg

4008C029-B276-40DC-B80C-C5919031C458.jpeg
DC29873E-334F-48D6-9D93-6E2E855CDF64.jpeg

Advertisement
Tell me how much you like the ruger 5.7.
It’s on my radar
I like it, with two 5 7 pistols out now, the ammo price isn't as bad as it was before the ruger. Similar to buying .45 ammo. 5 7 is a good round to carry with since it has the terminal ballistics similar to the 5.56 all in a handgun. For 700 I think the ruger 5 7 is a steal.

Can anyone with experience using both a Glock 19 and a Sig P320 give a review? Spent the last couple days handling Glocks and S&Ws during tactical training. I'd like to be thorough in my consideration before pulling the...trigger on a purchase. Someone brought up the P320. I read everything online. But, still prefer people's personal accounts over pseudo-marketing articles. Thanks.

I had a boner for the P320 for awhile - rented one and put about 100 115gr plinkers through it. bought another ruger - lc9s. i know. crazy, but I like the balance & trigger better. I was just more comfortable with it. that sig is **** af tho.

I like it, with two 5 7 pistols out now, the ammo price isn't as bad as it was before the ruger. Similar to buying .45 ammo. 5 7 is a good round to carry with since it has the terminal ballistics similar to the 5.56 all in a handgun. For 700 I think the ruger 5 7 is a steal.
Yeah that’s a steal for sure.

Advertisement
I don't know if some subconscious bias happened here, but tried the Glock 43x, 19 and 17 today. Shot from 5 to 20 yards. Didn't like how the 43 felt. Almost felt "loose." Hard to describe. Loved how the 17 felt, but I'm told it's likely too large to conceal. For you non-newbs, is that true? Of these, think I might settle for the 19 and then consider other ones later.

I don't know if some subconscious bias happened here, but tried the Glock 43x, 19 and 17 today. Shot from 5 to 20 yards. Didn't like how the 43 felt. Almost felt "loose." Hard to describe. Loved how the 17 felt, but I'm told it's likely too large to conceal. For you non-newbs, is that true? Of these, think I might settle for the 19 and then consider other ones later.
Glock 17 great weapon not so great as CCW.

Go with your gut on 43.

If you feel confident in handling Glock 19...ding ding ding we have a winner. The best weapon is the one you can employ with proficiency and precision.

Depending on your build and where you decide to carry, the 17 may or may not work. If you plan of carrying appendix you can carry anything up to and including a deagle. Nobody will notice unless you wear skinny jeans and a smedium t-shirt. I know a dude who carries a CZ PO7 with a TLR1 and a RDS appendix and he weighs all of 145 lbs. I can't even tell he's carrying sometimes even though I know he is. I personally would not carry a Glock appendix. I carry a subcompact approximately the same size as a shield at 4oclock in a hybrid. Sometimes I forget it's there.

Try the 48. Nice compromise. Single stack 10 clip is the only downside.

Advertisement
Man that Daniel is a beauty. Looks like it shoots effortlessly

I have owned several over the years and my issued work gun was one as well back in the day. This one is of the 16" variety and I finally have it kitted out the way I want...

Weight and balance are excellent and it is my "do-it-all" rifle. The barrel profile, Daniel's particularly well-tuned gas port size for a midlength gas system, and 5.56 chambering do indeed make it a very smooth and consistent shooter.

Advertisement

The 43 is trash (IMO), you're right. Unless you have tiny hands or no ability (space) to carry the 19, which, IMO is the most versatile one Glock makes. 17 is carry-able, but man its rough on the waist.

My EDC's are the Glock 19 and the 30 SF with extended mag.

Dude, try a Glock 26. :p

And yes, a 17 is a full size handgun, "Duty Pistol", as they are often called.

They are concealable, but they severely limit your options on how to carry them, e.g., owb holster underneath a jacket, or q shoulder holster.

A 26 still takes 19/17 magazines, but has a shorter profile than a 19 or 17, but not as small as a 43.

For the likes of me, I still don't understand why Glock needed to come out with the 43 in the first place.

For the likes of me, I still don't understand why Glock needed to come out with the 43 in the first place.

Because they're Glock and people will buy it.

It's honestly made for women or men with really small hands. Or **** even children. If you have even normal size hands, it'll feel "loose" as he said, because it basically rattles around inside your palms when you can't grip it tight enough.

Advertisement
Back