Off-Topic OT: What you shootin’

What is ya'lls carry load out?

I'm a Speer Gold Dot Hollows kinda koo-koo myself.

I know Hornady Crit D crowd is very vocal. Great round too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Got the midde son out covering the lanai
Matt fake M-79 G Launcher.jpg

Advertisement
Probably shouldn’t post photos of AR-14’s, they are going to get confiscated.

I'm not sure if you're serious but if you are...

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

Molon Labe

Advertisement
What is ya'lls carry load out?

I'm a Speer Gold Dot Hollows kinda koo-koo myself.

I know Hornady Crit D crowd is very vocal. Great round too.

Federal Hydrashoks, Hornaday Crit D, and occasionally, Winchester White Box JHP's.

I don't use 9mm +P. If I need more, I'll just gun up. There is nothing I deal with that can't be stopped with a .357 Magnum JHP or 10mm Auto.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Federal Hydrashoks, Hornaday Crit D, and occasionally, Winchester White Box JHP's.

I don't use 9mm +P. If I need more, I'll just gun up. There is nothing I deal with that can't be stopped with a .357 Magnum JHP or 10mm Auto.
Hydrashoks...another excellent hi'ya doin. Good penetration but not so much as to exit out the other side. A definite pro for close quarters.

Agree with you on +P. If you need more stopping power than your aim and round can provide, go bigger.

Federal fmj 230 grain for the .45.

Got a bedroom wall I gotta get through to the front door. Hopefully it aint a no knock.

Advertisement
Loving this thread everytime I click on it. All of a sudden I'm looking for a .22 rifle for some hunting.
BTW I enjoy the effect these totalitarian lockdowns and riots have had in solidifying the 2nd Amendment....

Federal fmj 230 grain for the .45.

Got a bedroom wall I gotta get through to the front door. Hopefully it aint a no knock.

If you're blindfiring 230 gr. FMJ through an interior wall, I'm hoping you live alone, man. That's a lot of penetration for home.

230 gr. FMJ fired from a .45 at about 850 FPS will get through 30 inches of ballistic gel. More than enough kinetic energy to go through two average sized men and still inflict injury on a third.

I'm not a fan of blindfiring in a usual home defense situation, but a potential option (if you want more penetration than JHP) to consider would be a semi-wadcutter. Buffalo Bore makes a .45 225 gr. that they advertise as a defense round. Should get about 18" of penetration. And even 200 gr. SWC has enough kinetic energy to travel through a car door and still be lethal.

Just my $.02.

Advertisement
Back