OT: What Song Reminds You of the OB?

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
I see some music threads going on here so lemme add this one:

What song most reminds you of walking into the OB on a glorious Saturday afternoon or night already pumped up and this just took it up a level?

"Rock You Like A Hurricane" and "In The Air Tonight" are obvious choices.

I personally remember walking in to "*** On Feel The Noize" a bunch of times and glancing over at the Monty's RV and the 8 bit scoreboard and knowing a murder was about to take place before my eyes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
"Rock You Like A Hurricane" by The Scorpions, for sure—while Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight" was such a great night game, warm-up staple in the late 80s through mid-90s.

"Take It To The House" by Trick Daddy was another, while "Tootsie Roll" by the 69 Boyz was a fun-mid-nineties jame; Nate Brooks and Omar Rolle on the sidelines as freshmen, like hype men, waving their towels to get the crowd amped, while rocking their black 2 Live Crew bandanas.

I remember a few FSU games they played that song with Trick and the Ying Yang Twins over and over. It started with Miiiiiaaaaamiiiiii......

Advertisement
All good! I remember them playing “Raise the Roof” and even the elderly were pumping there arms in the air.

Semper Canes!!!

Pre game. I always entered the stadium very early, waiting for the punters and kickers. Remember so well Warren Sapp warming up with the punt returners catching the punts behind his back. Incredible athlete.

Playing in the background? “She drives me crazy” by the Fine Young Cannibals.

I got two...neither have anything to do with the Canes, but everything to do with the Orange Bowl

Both were in 1985....

First is Born in the USA by Springsteen who played an almost 4 hour concert at the Orange Bowl during his Born in the USA Tour....

Second is Purple Rain by Prince....It was the last song Prince played that night , went on for close to 20 minutes and was the last song Prince played on that tour...as the Purple Rain Tour ended at the Orange Bowl....

Couple of years later, Joe Robbie built his giant generic monolith in Miami Gardens....Which sucked for football and concerts...

Advertisement
Great call. That was a Yamma-Yamma classic; dude would blow his coked-up voice out trying to yell that one.
We were on a bus with him from NYC to the Meadowlands for the Ohio State game in 98. He had some great chants that the school censored.

“kick em in the dirt, drag them through the mud, come on canes we want blood.”

Advertisement
Back