OT warren sapp son and terral owens son playing for fau

Advertisement
Hold on now; Sapp Jr. didn’t commit to us? We didn’t offer him? He’s a legacy —- a legacy !!

Oh wait the “legacy card” argument doesn’t apply if the kid is not a upper tier P5 player.

Never mind.

Advertisement
My son played against Sapp's kid in an all star game. He wasn't impressive that day. At least he got a scholly.

his son is actually a top 2020 wr recruit. chad johnson jr

Haha. Did not know that. I guess because I assumed Ocho is primarily a Lauderdale resident and now see his kid is in LA. Committed to ASU, eh?

There's a reason why these two ended up at FAU, DESPITE having both having fathers in the HOF. They just don't have the talent their fathers had. Few elite athletes create elite offspring. It was also a different era when Sapp was allowed to grow into the player he became. He was a guy that ate his way to the defensive line, but had unique athleticism. His son doesn't show that ability on film.
I have NO clue how talented either one is. I was just stating a fact about Sapp.

But sense you brought it up, Neither of us knows for for certain how their careers will develop. I can find many offsprings who also became successful so that's far from hard fast rule. Lets just agree that it doesn't guarantee success.

Also FYI just look at NFL rosters they are all sprinkled with players who attended small colleges. So not getting into a big name college now or being overlooked or passed over...does NOT eliminate someone from playing in the highest level of football.

Right now K. Mack from Florida who was completely overlooked by EVERY big named school here and elsewhere went to University of Buffalo and is generally considered to be the best defensive player in the NFL...the list of other stars with similar stories is a very long one.

Advertisement
his son is actually a top 2020 wr recruit. chad johnson jr
Literally not lying.

Advertisement
I have NO clue how talented either one is. I was just stating a fact about Sapp.

But sense you brought it up, Neither of us knows for for certain how their careers will develop. I can find many offsprings who also became successful so that's far from hard fast rule. Lets just agree that it doesn't guarantee success.

Also FYI just look at NFL rosters they are all sprinkled with players who attended small colleges. So not getting into a big name college now or being overlooked or passed over...does NOT eliminate someone from playing in the highest level of football.

Right now K. Mack from Florida who was completely overlooked by EVERY big named school here and elsewhere went to University of Buffalo and is generally considered to be the best defensive player in the NFL...the list of other stars with similar stories is a very long one.
U mean the list of exceptions to the rule. Because that’s exactly what they are.

Good article on Sapp II (Deuce). He was a Lacrosse player before football.

Advertisement
My bad.. I didn’t specify. I meant the small college nfl guys are exceptions to the rule.

I hear you but I just don't agree.

It happens far too frequently for them to be thought of as exceptions.

On just the two Super Bowl teams the Rams have 13 players and NE has 7 who attended what are considered to be small colleges.

The simple fact is that the NFL has far better talent evaluators than colleges, and are far better equipped to find talent WHEREVER it may exist

Advertisement
Back