OT: "unsurvivable" storm surge projected to hit Lake Charles, La.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
A storm going from cat 1 to 4 over the course of 1 day is something out of The Day After Tomorrow
Wasnt this thing suppose to be a weak cat 1 and hit on tues, did it stall out and power up? Dam that sucks, I know alot of people gonna get caught slipping.. Incredibly sad

Wasnt this thing suppose to be a weak cat 1 and hit on tues, did it stall out and power up? Dam that sucks, I know alot of people gonna get caught slipping.. Incredibly sad
Changed course went further west over warmer water and longer duration.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A storm going from cat 1 to 4 over the course of 1 day is something out of The Day After Tomorrow
Katrina pretty much did this. I was living in New Orleans at the time for college. Just got back to school from summer break and my sister was moving into the freshman dorms. My parents asked what I was doing for the storm, I said about to go buy some supplies and hunker down since it was a Category 1 storm. My dad said get some bagels, get here within the hour, and take your sister to Atlanta. We got to Atlanta that night and by the time we checked in, the storm was the size of the Gulf and a Category 5. I pray for these regions, and a miracle weakens this thing, but it is not looking good.

Katrina pretty much did this. I was living in New Orleans at the time for college. Just got back to school from summer break and my sister was moving into the freshman dorms. My parents asked what I was doing for the storm, I said about to go buy some supplies and hunker down since it was a Category 1 storm. My dad said get some bagels, get here within the hour, and take your sister to Atlanta. We got to Atlanta that night and by the time we checked in, the storm was the size of the Gulf and a Category 5. I pray for these regions, and a miracle weakens this thing, but it is not looking good.
From sounds of it, it is only getting stronger, might have chance to hit cat 5.. Prayers sent to everyone.. Hope they got out and didnt play around

From sounds of it, it is only getting stronger, might have chance to hit cat 5.. Prayers sent to everyone.. Hope they got out and didnt play around
I had a number of friends that stayed in New Orleans and had to be evacuated by the national guard. That area lost a lot of the marshlands that used to weaken the storm and soak up the surge. These storms are no joke in the Bayou, especially the high category ones that have the wind and the storm surge.

I was heading down to Hialeah to get some 22" rims and Katrina had just passed through there. It didn't do much, I think it was just a 1 but the power was still out, so I was at home watching on TV. It was slowly gaining but nothing alarming, as we all know, most didn't listen to the evacuation order.
I'll never forget watching live on the news, the people stuck in high floor buildings, screaming for help. The water standing through like 3 floors and cars floating around like toys in a bathtub.

Advertisement
Back