OT: Under Armour cancelling UCLA contract

I will say that even with the team being mediocre for a long time, Miami is still a much bigger national brand than a lot of programs that have had more success recently. Winning on the field helps your marketing brand a lot but there's a lot more to selling products than just being a good team in a tiny market. Alabama is probably the premier athletic program in the nation (at least for football) but they don't have a nation-wide footprint. Outside of the south, nobody is buying up Alabama gear despite the fact that they've essentially been the Patriots of college football for the past 15 years.
They’re a soulless program. Almost like the Borg of college football. There’s no swagger and minimal excitement about them...it’s all just a relentless machine that plows over vastly inferior competition. There’s no seeming joy to the wins, unlike what the Canes of old had. It’s just a methodical process.

Why would anyone outside of Alabama want to buy the gear for that?

Advertisement
They’re a soulless program. Almost like the Borg of college football. There’s no swagger and minimal excitement about them...it’s all just a relentless machine that plows over vastly inferior competition. There’s no seeming joy to the wins, unlike what the Canes of old had. It’s just a methodical process.

Why would anyone outside of Alabama want to buy the gear for that?
I mean, college fan bases are mostly regional anyway and their region is the very rural south. Most of the big, national brands are in or near a large metro area. USC(LA) Texas (Austin) Notre Dame (Chicago) Ohio State (Columbus/Cleveland) Georgia (Atlanta)

If Adidas cancelled Miamis contract, what other shoe companies would be interested? Maybe British Knights. If we're lucky Sperrys or Crocs. I'd wear topsiders with cleats.

If Adidas cancelled Miamis contract, what other shoe companies would be interested? Maybe British Knights. If we're lucky Sperrys or Crocs. I'd wear topsiders with cleats.
@Canedog def could get into some Hush Puppies...
1593549088780.png

9494_Mule_Slide.gif

Attachments

• 1593551219985.png
    1593551219985.png
    545.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Advertisement
Back