OT: Under Armour cancelling UCLA contract

Handsome Squidbum

The Strongest Steel is Forged in Dumpster Fires
Premium

Yeesh. UCLA has sucked so long that UA wants a refund. Maybe a good thing Miami didn't sign a deal with Under Armour.

Advertisement
Under Armour is broke now and wants to get rid of the ridiculous deal they made in 2016 when their stock price was high at around $50. Now their stock is down to $9.

This may actually be beneficial to UCLA. To break this contract UA will probably have to pay them a hefty sum and then UCLA can go sign with another company like the Jordan brand. If they play their cards right they may make even more money with the two sources of income combined

UCLA football sucks so bad, and unfortunately for UA, they are not getting any returns from a Athletic Dept or any of UCLA’s players going pro in Football or Basketball rocking their shoes.

This was a **** poor match. Once Curry’s shoes started selling at Kohl’s, I knew UA was in trouble. Their flag ship program, Maryland, is doing them no favors, either. UA should’ve stuck to the apparel side. They grew too fast and innovations & creativity stopped. They tried to snatch designers from Nike & Adidas thinking this would revive them, but leadership was in disarray. I mean, they were this close to losing Curry. Too bad; I can see UCLA getting picked back up by Adidas or Russell Athletic

Advertisement
Under Armour is broke now and wants to get rid of the ridiculous deal they made in 2016 when their stock price was high at around $50. Now their stock is down to $9.

This may actually be beneficial to UCLA. To break this contract UA will probably have to pay them a hefty sum and then UCLA can go sign with another company like the Jordan brand. If they play their cards right they may make even more money with the two sources of income combined

If Adidas cancelled Miamis contract, what other shoe companies would be interested? Maybe British Knights. If we're lucky Sperrys or Crocs. I'd wear topsiders with cleats.

Advertisement

sounds like UA won’t have to pay them anything due to UCLA not providing unnamed marketing benefits.

Advertisement
UCLA football sucks so bad, and unfortunately for UA, they are not getting any returns from a Athletic Dept or any of UCLA’s players going pro in Football or Basketball rocking their shoes.

This was a **** poor match. Once Curry’s shoes started selling at Kohl’s, I knew UA was in trouble. Their flag ship program, Maryland, is doing them no favors, either. UA should’ve stuck to the apparel side. They grew too fast and innovations & creativity stopped. They tried to snatch designers from Nike & Adidas thinking this would revive them, but leadership was in disarray. I mean, they were this close to losing Curry. Too bad; I can see UCLA getting picked back up by Adidas or Russell Athletic
They should’ve never dove into basketball. That was the problem. Their base was never 16-20 y/o African American and they tried to make it their market. They made a ton of money with 25-30 y/o white or Hispanic population and started to lose money with the basketball stuff. Their shirts, apparel, and shoes sell well with the population mentioned. They even have a decent boot and hunting gear. They just chose to dump money in something that wasn’t their base market.

Advertisement
They should’ve never dove into basketball. That was the problem. Their base was never 16-20 y/o African American and they tried to make it their market. They made a ton of money with 25-30 y/o white or Hispanic population and started to lose money with the basketball stuff. Their shirts, apparel, and shoes sell well with the population mentioned. They even have a decent boot and hunting gear. They just chose to dump money in something that wasn’t their base market.

Exactly.

Advertisement
Back