OT - UMiami alum Gina Ford threatening to sue Zion Williamson in excess of $100 Million

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
From what I read this is a garbage move by Zion. He entered into an agreement and knew what it was. Now he has a better offer and wants out. So they are moving to invalidate it because they left out a required disclaimer about how signing a contract will make him unable to continue as a student athlete. Yeah, like he didnt know that! While that may legally be enough, this is a detestable move by Zion and his camp.

From what I read this is a garbage move by Zion. He entered into an agreement and knew what it was. Now he has a better offer and wants out. So they are moving to invalidate it because they left out a required disclaimer about how signing a contract will make him unable to continue as a student athlete. Yeah, like he didnt know that! While that may legally be enough, this is a detestable move by Zion and his camp.

So did u ignore this part? "Prime Sports is not registered to act as an agent in North Carolina or Florida and is not certified by the National Basketball Players Association. Zion's attorneys argue that this makes the contract illegal under the UAAA.

Sounds like a bs garbage move on the agency's part. Cross your T's and dot your I's if you are going to try to be a big sports agency with a client that's going to garner the biggest endorsements since Lebron.

Advertisement
I can't imagine the agency would file a $100 million lawsuit without making sure they had standing to do so. Stranger things have happened though.

Advertisement
Lol at getting a fine. All they have to do is register before she negotiates on his behalf

NBPA would obviously give her certification if she represented Zion

This is simply CAA being CAA

Lol at getting a fine. All they have to do is register before she negotiates on his behalf

NBPA would obviously give her certification if she represented Zion

This is simply CAA being CAA
Have to register before recruiting the player, it’s a lower grade felony in most states. She’s just a marketing agent not an actual sports agent so she wouldn’t have been negotiating his in court contracts so the NBPA isn’t part of it, just the state legislation

Have to register before recruiting the player, it’s a lower grade felony in most states. She’s just a marketing agent not an actual sports agent so she wouldn’t have been negotiating his in court contracts so the NBPA isn’t part of it, just the state legislation

Depends on state I guess. Most states will even tell you to get your first client before eating stares time with registering.

Advertisement
Back