OT - UMiami alum Gina Ford threatening to sue Zion Williamson in excess of $100 Million

Have to register before recruiting the player, it’s a lower grade felony in most states. She’s just a marketing agent not an actual sports agent so she wouldn’t have been negotiating his in court contracts so the NBPA isn’t part of it, just the state legislation

Not being sports agent part is true. She was a marketing agent. I don’t even think her intentions were to be his sports agent

Advertisement
I can't imagine the agency would file a $100 million lawsuit without making sure they had standing to do so. Stranger things have happened though.

our idiot alum that worked for shapiro overbilled and sued the ncaa for the deposition, which ended up getting her disbarred and pretty much ended any worse punishment from emmert's cronies. being a lawyer doesn't make someone smart. just means they made it through law school.

our idiot alum that worked for shapiro overbilled and sued the ncaa for the deposition, which ended up getting her disbarred and pretty much ended any worse punishment from emmert's cronies. being a lawyer doesn't make someone smart. just means they made it through law school.
I guess that would be a stranger thing then, wouldn't it?

Advertisement
What's that verse in the Bible again? "For the (love) of money is the root of all evil "
Tell me why our beloved sports is F***** up again. Money has corrupted everything, and sports is right there at the top of the list

I feel Nike crosses the line with Duke and Zion. They have a Nike rep on a wiretap saying that three schools will pay whatever, buy a house for family, and get job for dad. Then you Avenatti saying Zion got paid by Nike. Then the shoe blowout where Nike employed an entire team to redesign a shoe specifically for Zion. Nike probably spent at least a million in that post-blowout shoe design. Are they doing that for every NCAA athlete who has difficulties with their shoes?

I don’t blame Zion too much. He is obviously covered with leeches

His bag game and denial....shoe incident....Dook choking....Clearly being all bitter about Pelicans getting pick instead of knicks....and now this BS punk move...

Let's go through your poorly thought out hypothesis and point out where it went miserably wrong.

Zion isn't the first elite guy to get money to attend school. Thanks to the 1 and Done rule, it forces a guy like Zion to go to college, when in previous decades, he could have easily gone pro and gotten his money. You think had Lebron come along in this era, he wouldn't have gotten paid to attend a school?

Are you really blaming Zion for a shoe? Nike had to put on a show, because they were getting crushed in the media for that shoe going kaput. I doubt they did anything outside of use better materials and put extra stitching on the shoe.

Duke losing in the tournament isn't some insane happenstance. Teams with a minimum of experience tend to be hit or miss in regards to postseason success. What was the last team to win a title with a bunch of underclassmen? Kentucky and that was a little while back.

Of course Zion would be bitter about the Pelicans getting that pick. They are a poorly managed franchise, that has shown an inability to build around a generational talent. Would you want to end up somewhere where you are counting down the days until free agency? At least in NYC, if you shine, you can make some legit money. Even if you ball out in NO, no one gives a ****. Look at the Eyebrow. No one gives a ****, despite him being **** good.

Zion leaving a non agent because he got a better deal happens all the time. This is a classic case of a spurned agent trying to get some go away money. Period. She isn't getting a **** dime, outside of a possible nuisance settlement.

Advertisement
Let's go through your poorly thought out hypothesis and point out where it went miserably wrong.

Zion isn't the first elite guy to get money to attend school. Thanks to the 1 and Done rule, it forces a guy like Zion to go to college, when in previous decades, he could have easily gone pro and gotten his money. You think had Lebron come along in this era, he wouldn't have gotten paid to attend a school?

Are you really blaming Zion for a shoe? Nike had to put on a show, because they were getting crushed in the media for that shoe going kaput. I doubt they did anything outside of use better materials and put extra stitching on the shoe.

Duke losing in the tournament isn't some insane happenstance. Teams with a minimum of experience tend to be hit or miss in regards to postseason success. What was the last team to win a title with a bunch of underclassmen? Kentucky and that was a little while back.

Of course Zion would be bitter about the Pelicans getting that pick. They are a poorly managed franchise, that has shown an inability to build around a generational talent. Would you want to end up somewhere where you are counting down the days until free agency? At least in NYC, if you shine, you can make some legit money. Even if you ball out in NO, no one gives a ****. Look at the Eyebrow. No one gives a ****, despite him being **** good.

Zion leaving a non agent because he got a better deal happens all the time. This is a classic case of a spurned agent trying to get some go away money. Period. She isn't getting a **** dime, outside of a possible nuisance settlement.
All of that sounds like excuses.....and they are....everyone giving that dude a friggin scholarship as if he is just some innocent bystander....GTFOH

From what I read this is a garbage move by Zion. He entered into an agreement and knew what it was. Now he has a better offer and wants out. So they are moving to invalidate it because they left out a required disclaimer about how signing a contract will make him unable to continue as a student athlete. Yeah, like he didnt know that! While that may legally be enough, this is a detestable move by Zion and his camp.

Zion probably never even attended classes at Duke.

After the blowout Nike sent an entire team to Durham to work with Zion who communicated with Team Zion in Oregon. Then they sent a team to China to construct the shoe. It was a two week process. Remember, their stock took a big hit after the blowout.

I disagree with your Anthony Davis statement. The guy missed over 100 games while in New Orleans and the fans definitely cared.

All of that sounds like excuses.....and they are....everyone giving that dude a friggin scholarship as if he is just some innocent bystander....GTFOH

There's a difference between excuses and a rational explanation. What I provided were rational explanations. But hey, continue to blame a kid who is limited by people outside of his circle from using his talent the way he sees fit. Zion should have been collecting an NBA paycheck last year, period. Having him go to college for a year was a waste and lends itself to corruption, because everyone is forced to wait for him. Lebron knew he was going pro, he could start collecting ASAP.

Advertisement
After the blowout Nike sent an entire team to Durham to work with Zion who communicated with Team Zion in Oregon. Then they sent a team to China to construct the shoe. It was a two week process. Remember, their stock took a big hit after the blowout.

I disagree with your Anthony Davis statement. The guy missed over 100 games while in New Orleans and the fans definitely cared.

Fans cared, but there's a reason why he isn't getting national looks. There's a reason why a guy like Dame Lilliard, despite being a very marketable guy gets zero national pub. You can't play in these garbage markets and expect people to care on a national level. Even a guy like Giannis would benefit from playing in a larger market, but he's a humble dude that likes Milwaukee.

Fans cared, but there's a reason why he isn't getting national looks. There's a reason why a guy like Dame Lilliard, despite being a very marketable guy gets zero national pub. You can't play in these garbage markets and expect people to care on a national level. Even a guy like Giannis would benefit from playing in a larger market, but he's a humble dude that likes Milwaukee.

True, but Cleveland was an identical market to New Orleans. They won a title and were in national spotlight. Odds are against you but it can definitely happen

Advertisement
There's a difference between excuses and a rational explanation. What I provided were rational explanations. But hey, continue to blame a kid who is limited by people outside of his circle from using his talent the way he sees fit. Zion should have been collecting an NBA paycheck last year, period. Having him go to college for a year was a waste and lends itself to corruption, because everyone is forced to wait for him. Lebron knew he was going pro, he could start collecting ASAP.

along w that, Zions SM following wouldve garnered him a ton of sponsorships liek any other influencer. he couldnt profit off of it

From what I read this is a garbage move by Zion. He entered into an agreement and knew what it was. Now he has a better offer and wants out. So they are moving to invalidate it because they left out a required disclaimer about how signing a contract will make him unable to continue as a student athlete. Yeah, like he didnt know that! While that may legally be enough, this is a detestable move by Zion and his camp.

Lol maan if u don’t get out of here with this dramatic bs

Advertisement
Back