OT/ UM vs FSU 91/92 (LBer play)

The great Keith Jackson with my favorite call ever:

“Tamarick Vanover will not get up. Michael Barrow separated him from his senses!!!!”

I get chills remembering that play live at the OB.
I remember he mentioned in the 92 game that it was some of the best defensive football he had seen. The man was not wrong.

Advertisement
A few series before that hit, Marvin Jones had a similar (but not as vicious) hit on Lamar Thomas on a middle screen.
Barrows made sure to 1up him.

Everyone was talking about Jones as the best Middle LB in the nation. Barrow was better in College and the Pros in my opinion. and the Triangle was the best group of LBs that I can remember since the 90s.
Great hit by Shadetree but I think it was on Larry Jones.

The best of the bunch in the Bermuda Triangle had he never gotten hurt was Armstead.
‘Number 1 defensive player in high school so Jimmy told him he could wear number 1. Great and simple recruiting.
When was the next time that a Defensive player wore number 1?

Advertisement
The best of the bunch in the Bermuda Triangle had he never gotten hurt was Armstead.
‘Number 1 defensive player in high school so Jimmy told him he could wear number 1. Great and simple recruiting.
When was the next time that a Defensive player wore number 1?
16463114_1293302454042510_4466326413622351708_o.jpg

Advertisement
Spot on post. The hitting and defense in those games was intense and vicious. The defensive football by both teams was simply as good as it gets.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back