OT/ UM vs FSU 91/92 (LBer play)

Advertisement
Just finished watching the 92 game...and watched the 91 game last night, and "Only" Focused on the LBer play...You simply cannot get any better than those two examples....I've never seen 6 better LBers in a CFB game/s than those Savages...
Best back to back rivalry games ever. 1991 game is the best game in CFB history. Talent unmatched.

Best back to back rivalry games ever. 1991 game is the best game in CFB history. Talent unmatched.
Man o Man were Bermuda Triangle some Bad MoFos....and Shadetree..Carruthers..and Brooks were No Slouch.....You will NOT find a better starting LBing trio in UM History than The Triangle...and to be Honest...not even close....The Epitome of Read and React..

Advertisement
Just watched '92 again as well. Those were fun teams to watch. That hit Barrow puts on Vanover should be classified as a hate crime.

Rohan was a little missile.

I'd be curious to know how many plays a game those Erickson offenses were running. They were high scoring but I bet they didn't run anywhere near the amount of plays that a Lashlee offense runs in the modern game. I wonder what the most plays UM has ever averaged per game in a season?

That hit Barrow laid on Tamarick Vanover was one of the best hits in football history.

A few series before that hit, Marvin Jones had a similar (but not as vicious) hit on Lamar Thomas on a middle screen.
Barrows made sure to 1up him.

Everyone was talking about Jones as the best Middle LB in the nation. Barrow was better in College and the Pros in my opinion. and the Triangle was the best group of LBs that I can remember since the 90s.

A few series before that hit, Marvin Jones had a similar (but not as vicious) hit on Lamar Thomas on a middle screen.

Everyone was talking about Jones as the best Middle LB in the nation. Barrow was better in College and the Pros in my opinion. and the Triangle was the best group of LBs that I can remember since the 90s.

the triangle was amazing. Brooks was one of the few Noles I ever respected. All were amazing.

Advertisement

Jones had a terrible knee injury early with the Jets....If Barrow was better in College...it wasn't by much if any, he was more Decorated in College than Barrow.....ShadeTree was No joke....

Advertisement
Man o Man were Bermuda Triangle some Bad MoFos....and Shadetree..Carruthers..and Brooks were No Slouch.....You will NOT find a better starting LBing trio in UM History than The Triangle...and to be Honest...not even close....The Epitome of Read and React..
The Triangle will never be recreated. Best LB corps ever.

I was none happier than when Marvin Jones had zero eligibility left. Top 3 best FSU players I have seen. There is a reason all of those games came down to FG's. Two completely evenly matched teams, with one just having a little more heart at the end each time.

Advertisement
Jones had a terrible knee injury early with the Jets....If Barrow was better in College...it wasn't by much if any, he was more Decorated in College than Barrow.....ShadeTree was No joke....

No way Barrow was better than Jones in college. Jones was a game changer in college - an absolute beast. And I loved what Barrow brought to the table. Those FSU LBs were no joke back in that day - Cowart, Palmer, Brooks, Alexander, Jones, et al were beasts. Big dudes who can run.

Just finished watching the 92 game...and watched the 91 game last night, and "Only" Focused on the LBer play...You simply cannot get any better than those two examples....I've never seen 6 better LBers in a CFB game/s than those Savages...
đź’Ż on the play of the backers on both teams. Those games were so intense as both teams were often ranked in the top 5 together and almost always at least in the top 10. Always felt I might have a heart attack just watching back then.
Miami was ELITE

Advertisement
Back