OT/ UM vs FSU 91/92 (LBer play)

Although Barrow could hold a conversation with Marvin Jones in a phone booth, Jones was considered the better college football player

Advertisement
Just finished watching the 92 game...and watched the 91 game last night, and "Only" Focused on the LBer play...You simply cannot get any better than those two examples....I've never seen 6 better LBers in a CFB game/s than those Savages...
NFL talent everywhere on the field those two games but nowhere as clear as LBs. I agree that never been 6 better lbs on one field.

Advertisement
No way Barrow was better than Jones in college. Jones was a game changer in college - an absolute beast. And I loved what Barrow brought to the table. Those FSU LBs were no joke back in that day - Cowart, Palmer, Brooks, Alexander, Jones, et al were beasts. Big dudes who can run.
No doubt but I think we won both anyway. Those were the days when it didn't matter if the other team had some better players. Noles always out recruited us but then we beat them. Our dline was usually better than theirs, especially at DT, and that mattered.

Advertisement
We cost the Noles quite of few National Titles. Maybe 87, 91, 92
4693D6CD-D571-457B-A055-7963FA8E75BA.gif

Derrick Brooks is one of the few Noles I would have loved as a Cane. I remember rewatching the 94 game earlier this year. Can you imagine a Cane LB trio of Marley, Lewis, and Brooks? No disrespect to the other Canes LBrs.

Derrick Brooks is one of the few Noles I would have loved as a Cane. I remember rewatching the 94 game earlier this year. Can you imagine a Cane LB trio of Marley, Lewis, and Brooks? No disrespect to the other Canes LBrs.
Marvin Jones didn't have a problem coming to UM...But he was a Legacy...older brother Fred went to FSU...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back