OT: Uh Oh at Louisville...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well then if it really is about playing time then they should have no problem signing the number one class.

#1 Speak for yourself
#2 20 kids aren't transfering at UM
#3 I'll laugh at what tf I want....

Don't discount the idea that an exodus absolutely COULD happen here. Not saying it will, not saying it would be 20 if it did happen, but we could easily lose 5-10 transfers in an off-season. Easily. If Manny leaves and no further significant changes are made, I would not be surprised at all to see a bunch of guys looking out for their careers looking for a better opportunity.

This is why I say UM just can't afford to take this situation as lightly or "patiently" as they have in the past. Irreparable harm will come to this football program far faster than anyone currently considered "reasonable" is able to accept or understand.

Advertisement
I’m not sure that’s exactly true. What the new rule states, which is kind of what the last rule stated, is that you have five years to play 4. However, now you can use your SITOUT year as your red shirt year as long as you don’t play more than four games.

That’s how I understand it. Basically, any kid who hasn’t played more than 4 games can transfer and play next year immediately.

I don't think that is accurate. Pretty sure you transfer ... you must sit out a year (unless the are a graduate transfer).

I've got Petrino leaving Campus with a RV full of Hot Blondes ALL throwing the middle finger up in the next few weeks...

Any oline or dline guys we could poach???

TE depth would be nice

I saw their QB play this year they don’t seem to be better than us

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...ootball-redshirt-transfer-20180924-story.html

new NCAA policy that makes it easier to redshirt football players comes with an unintended consequence: Players can now choose to save their eligibility by leaving teams after participating in four games, with plans to transfer and use the saved year at a new school.

…The NCAA also has some new rules regarding transfers that take effect this year. Starting on Oct. 15, the NCAA will have a database that keeps track of players who notify their coaches of their intent to transfer. Schools will no longer be able to block a transfer nor dictate where a player can go, unless their conferences have specific rules permitting that.

Todd Berry, the executive director of the American Football Coaches Association, downplayed the impact this new redshirt policy has on the transfer market. Berry noted players leaving teams midseason is not new.

Already coaches say they're noticing redshirt candidates feeling more invested because they're getting a chance to play rather than spending the entire season on the sidelines.

Pretty sure you can take the redshirt and transfer but you still must sit out a year at the new school (unless you've graduated) so it doesn't save any eligibility.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not sure that’s exactly true. What the new rule states, which is kind of what the last rule stated, is that you have five years to play 4. However, now you can use your SITOUT year as your red shirt year as long as you don’t play more than four games.

That’s how I understand it. Basically, any kid who hasn’t played more than 4 games can transfer and play next year immediately.

That's basically it. But I'd have to imagine that some of these players didn't red-shirt this year.

There’s probably something else up ... but definitely we should be recruiting our own players so we are not caught with our **** in our hands

Advertisement
Any oline or dline guys we could poach???

TE depth would be nice

I saw their QB play this year they don’t seem to be better than us

Jawon Pass might be worth kicking the tires on, nice athlete but probably not any better than Williams or Perry.

A lot of South Florida guys: TuTu Atwell, Trenell Troutamn, Roach, Abdullah...

Also have a few guys that were highly rated out of JUCO...Character, Goldwire, another DT...but who knows about JUCO guys

Advertisement
Back