OT: Uh Oh at Louisville...

I’m not sure that’s exactly true. What the new rule states, which is kind of what the last rule stated, is that you have five years to play 4. However, now you can use your SITOUT year as your red shirt year as long as you don’t play more than four games.

That’s how I understand it. Basically, any kid who hasn’t played more than 4 games can transfer and play next year immediately.
Jesus christ! It is unreal how this completely false narrative continues to persist. Nothing about sitting out a year has changed whatsoever. All that changed is you can play 4 games and redshirt vs playing none. If you transfer, you still sit out. You sit out the NEXT year, you dont get credit as a sat out year for this year because you redshirted even after 4 games. Did dudes in the previous system who redshirted without playing a game get credit for that as their sit out year? Of course not. The only reason bryant was immediately eligible is because he is a grad transfer. Those rules also haven't changed either.

Its amazing how often I still hear this. Maybe we need to fly a banner about it.

Advertisement
Jawon Pass might be worth kicking the tires on, nice athlete but probably not any better than Williams or Perry.

A lot of South Florida guys: TuTu Atwell, Trenell Troutamn, Roach, Abdullah...

Also have a few guys that were highly rated out of JUCO...Character, Goldwire, another DT...but who knows about JUCO guys
Miami was in a prime spot to get Goldwire last year but I think something came up last minute and the staff didn’t want him.

Jesus christ! It is unreal how this completely false narrative continues to persist. Nothing about sitting out a year has changed whatsoever. All that changed is you can play 4 games and redshirt vs playing none. If you transfer, you still sit out. You sit out the NEXT year, you dont get credit as a sat out year for this year because you redshirted even after 4 games. Did dudes in the previous system who redshirted without playing a game get credit for that as their sit out year? Of course not. The only reason bryant was immediately eligible is because he is a grad transfer. Those rules also haven't changed either.

Its amazing how often I still hear this. Maybe we need to fly a banner about it.

Exactly...this is a new rule to REDSHIRTING, nothing to do with transferring even though in some cases they both come into play (ie. Kelly Bryant). Under the previous redshirt rules, since Bryant had already played this year he would’ve exhausted his eligibility since this is his 4th year. But with the new rules and him playing less than 5 games, he is taking THIS year as his redshirt year. He then can transfer w/o sitting out since he would be a grad transfer. I believe Hurts has played more than the allotted 4 games so he cannot redshirt this year and transfer out w/o sitting out a year (unless he graduated in 3 years, then he could go the grad transfer route).

Advertisement

There is also something about schools not being able to block your transfer... maybe if redshirting

Advertisement
If Richt makes no changes soon after our season ends late November you can bet we'll have some transfers.

Advertisement
It's too late for anybody who has played more than 4 games this year to transfer and play immediately next year unless it's a grad transfer. Guys like Kelly Bryant would be available to play next season as he only played 4 games in 2018 and is using 2018 as his red shirt season.

It's too late for anybody who has played more than 4 games this year to transfer and play immediately next year unless it's a grad transfer. Guys like Kelly Bryant would be available to play next season as he only played 4 games in 2018 and is using 2018 as his red shirt season.
OMFG

Last edited:
Advertisement
Petrino is an ******* and then some. **** that guy. I need a beer it’s almost 11 am.

LMAO. Yeah, Louisville is really the model we should all be following. WTF.

I'm not saying we should follow the Louisville model. I'm saying that they're probably going to fire Petrino which is the right thing to do because it seems like the game has passed him by as well.

Advertisement
Back