OT Top 50 HCs in College Football

Smart's fatal flaw was choosing Fromm over Justin Fields. Going to bite him in the *** for a long time.

With that said, idk if he underperforms to the talent. I guess a little, but not criminally so. 3 straight years of winning the east, two top 5 finishes. 3 top 10 finishes. They have placed on average somewhere between 2 and 3 in the recruiting rankings since he's been there. We're in the ballpark. Again...I think Mullen is better, but they are in the same tier of guy. I'm not going to penalize a guy too hard for not being able to overcome Bama.

At some point, if you're killing a coach for just not overcoming the best, you're just chasing the dragon.

If Mullen can somehow pull this game off, that'll change the discussion, tbf.

Advertisement
We have been a middle of the pack ACC team for almost 15 years. We went 8-2 and lost to the two best teams in the conference. We had absolutely zero shot at beating Clemson even if Bill Belicheck, Saban and Lincoln Riley were our HC and Cordinators. Going from 6-7 to 8-2 in a entire ACC Schedule is a pretty good turnaround. Idk why you act like we should be some powerhouse.
I don’t know why you forgot who coached the 6-7 and lost to FIU, duke and ltech to end season. I guess if the goal is to be awful so dumb fans give him credit for close wins the next year, he’s great. You act like he took over this year. So far his reign is 14-9, historic loss to a team that hasn’t won since, and firing or needing to fire his main coordinators. And going to portal for defensive players since he can’t get enough while being here half a decade. Sign me up for more please!!!

People will say no, but Diaz is a top 50 head coach right now in college football.
ray liotta laughing GIF

Advertisement
Back