OT Top 50 HCs in College Football

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd like to see a side by side comparison of the top jobs in college football versus the top coaches in CFB. Folks can say that Manny is top 50 or whatever but my question is how high would you rank the UM job? Top 10-15?

Advertisement
51-14 as a HC and almost won a national championship
He has every resource available to him. Has squandered top tier talent at QB.

He’s not awful but every other coach in the top 10 has won a NC, brought their program to new heights, or gotten the most out of their program.

Kirby has done none of those things yet. Right now he’s Mark Richt with a bigger purse.

I'd like to see a side by side comparison of the top jobs in college football versus the top coaches in CFB. Folks can say that Manny is top 50 or whatever but my question is how high would you rank the UM job? Top 10-15?
The UM job isn’t top 25 in the country right now. That’s just being realistic and not bias.

but it can be top 5 once we get a BOT and AD that wants it to be.

I'd say 15 sounds about right

Advertisement
I mean are we going off actual ability or ability + job? Lance Leipold, Jamey Caldwell, Bill Clark, and Billy Napier are some of the best coaches in the country but they wouldn’t be graded high on those lists because of their employer.

Miami would be a Top 5-10 job if the administration showed a full financial commitment to having an elite program. Otherwise, no.

Advertisement
He has every resource available to him. Has squandered top tier talent at QB.

He’s not awful but every other coach in the top 10 has won a NC, brought their program to new heights, or gotten the most out of their program.

Kirby has done none of those things yet. Right now he’s Mark Richt with a bigger purse.
Kirby’ s failure will be letting Justin Fields transfer. Fields was the future, a superstar, and Smart was too dumb to figure a way to get Fields on the field more and eventually replace Fromm.

Advertisement
Back