OT:Time for Serena to pass the torch?

Advertisement
You're right. So I went back an looked at their careers, strictly by the numbers Graf is considerably better. Serena wins out on longevity only.
True... But I will say with Serena is she's been at the top of her game during the entire run.... That's really hard to be that good for that long...

So are you calling the Black Women who play Tennis LBs? I'm trying to understand when did Tennis ever have all these "Hot Eastern European".....

No. Im calling women who look like Linebackers Linebackers. This is sexist take about my personal preference in hotness. Dont try to make this about race. SHE A LB

images (3).jpeg

GettyImages-1094302568.jpg

Advertisement
No. Im calling women who look like Linebackers Linebackers. This is sexist take about my personal preference in hotness. Dont try to make this about race.

Yeah okay.... I can tell you one of those "White/Hispanic Fans" I warn the Black Youth about in South Florida when it pertains to Miami Hurricanes. Now you the victim. Instead of just stating your preference you went out your way to also bash something you don't like. Got it...

When she decided that weighing 3 bills was OK, she lost any chance to win at a high level, she should go train for "My 600 Pound Life" full time...............

Yeah okay.... I can tell you one of those "White/Hispanic Fans" I warn the Black Youth about in South Florida when it pertains to Miami Hurricanes. Now you the victim. Instead of just stating your preference you went out your way to also bash something you don't like. Got it...

When i hear women tennis players grunt i dont want to be intimidated. Dont judge me.

Advertisement
If my ***** was small Serena would intimidate me as well. I understand now the "Hot Eastern European" is their size fit your size. Serena her size fits the Men in her Community size. Cultural thing I got it now.

Holding up her legs is wasted energy. Set me up with pulley system and some straps.

BTW Shes married to a white IT nerd of eastern european descent.

Advertisement
What a phenomenal win for Coco! That girl just keeps rising to the moment.

Re a few comments on Serena...

Agree with @S.CarolinaCane that at the height of her powers she could have beaten anyone in female tennis history. IMO, that's unquestionable as no other female has come even remotely close to playing with the power that Serena did. Would she beat them all every time? Of course not, that's not how tennis works. But at her top, Serena was the most dominant force in the sport's history, and it's not even close.

I don't at all think she should quit, unless she doesn't have the mental drive anymore. Her style of play is one that can continue to be effective, even when her legs and stamina aren't the same anymore. That isn't true with most female players whose games are built around finesse and court movement. I think she has another couple major wins left in the tank if she's still willing to work at it. But with that much money and success already, and kids in her life now, it's likely that internal flame isn't burning like it used to.

What a phenomenal win for Coco! That girl just keeps rising to the moment.

Re a few comments on Serena...

Agree with @S.CarolinaCane that at the height of her powers she could have beaten anyone in female tennis history. IMO, that's unquestionable as no other female has come even remotely close to playing with the power that Serena did. Would she beat them all every time? Of course not, that's not how tennis works. But at her top, Serena was the most dominant force in the sport's history, and it's not even close.

I don't at all think she should quit, unless she doesn't have the mental drive anymore. Her style of play is one that can continue to be effective, even when her legs and stamina aren't the same anymore. That isn't true with most female players whose games are built around finesse and court movement. I think she has another couple major wins left in the tank if she's still willing to work at it. But with that much money and success already, and kids in her life now, it's likely that internal flame isn't burning like it used to.
Steffi has a higher win%. It would be an interesting comparison to see their 'peaks' compared.

Advertisement
Steffi has a higher win%. It would be an interesting comparison to see their 'peaks' compared.
She does. And I was a huge fan of Steffi Graf. I followed pretty much her entire career as a kid and her and Seles were two of my favorite female players to watch (even though Seles' grunts could make one lose their mind). But, IMO, Serena's power would have completely overwhelmed her. But that's not a jab at Steffi, by any means, I believe that would be the case against any of the players from that generation. Serena was truly the first woman to bring the core of the men's game (power power and more power, very tough first serve to return when on, and just jaw-droppingly strong groundstrokes from the baseline) to the female side. I personally don't think any of the players from Graff's era would have been ready for it.

She does. And I was a huge fan of Steffi Graf. I followed pretty much her entire career as a kid and her and Seles were two of my favorite female players to watch (even though Seles' grunts could make one lose their mind). But, IMO, Serena's power would have completely overwhelmed her. But that's not a jab at Steffi, by any means, I believe that would be the case against any of the players from that generation. Serena was truly the first woman to bring the core of the men's game (power power and more power, very tough first serve to return when on, and just jaw-droppingly strong groundstrokes from the baseline) to the female side. I personally don't think any of the players from Graff's era would have been ready for it.
I quit watching much tennis a while back, I do remember watching Martina and Steffi way back when. Steffi was surgical. I also enjoyed watching Sabatini! ;)

Advertisement
Back