OT: Tiger Woods hurt in crash.

We all wish Tiger well and hope for a life to enjoy with his family. Golf is secondary and I don't think he will be back to play on any tour. I did have a horrific sports injury when I was 26 and broke both tibia and fibula. It took well over 1 1/2 years to get back 100%. He has A LONG RECOVERY ROAD and I hope he leads a normal life.

Advertisement

I still get the goose bumps watching this. Knowing all too well that most mortals probably had a better chance of winning the power ball than making this shot.

It's crazy all of the hate being spewed towards perfect stranger. Especially after the man has a serious car accident. Ya'll best be careful now. What you put out into the universe will come back on ya. Believe dat!!

Ya'll haters might want to consider getting some mental health advice. Some of ya'll are really sick minded folks the way you behave behind your computers.

Get well soon Tiger and thanks for the memories. What a run this man has had so far!!

Go Canes!!!

I know what you mean, but your odds of winning power ball are substantially worse, no matter who you are.

He suffered the same injury as Sid Vicious and Alex Smith (compound fracture with rod inserted) and Brian Pillman (shattered ankle).

Did you not even take the slightest look at that picture I posted?
Of course. But i'm more interested in the journey rather than the destination. Everything is an assumption at this point... it was dark, it was unfamiliar, it was careless, he was gross-speeding, he had popped some pills that morning.

It doesn't really matter to me, just not sure why so many are quick to downplay the possibility that Tiger was under the influence considering he's already crashed a car under the influence has he not?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Funny how everyone assumes he was under the influence but no one mentions texting and driving. Odds are it was more that than drugs/drinking. Or just a simple accident. Either way, glad he is okay. He’s very very very lucky. That should have killed him.

I do. Do you understand math?

Your grandma on a ventilator has a better chance of making that chip than of winning powerball. By far.
No she doesn't. Lol. Under the circumstances, that shot is arguably one of the greatest yet most difficult shots ever made but you go ahead and do you.

Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Perspective: As bad as it was, it wasn’t as bad as it could have been: Great golfers Payne Stewart, “Champaign Tony” Lima, and Pam Barton didn’t survive plane crashes.

And not as bad as another great, the Black Mamba, for that matter.

Hope he heals, but I’d be surprised if he golfed again on the tour.

Why are there no guard rails on this treacherous stretch of death?

Because civil engineers and city planners are often cheap and/or lazy.

For instance, the photo below is US Route 550 in Colorado. Beautiful views, hairpin turns, and sometimes it's snowing all over the road. And there isn't a single guardrail.

1614186798363.png

Advertisement
Because civil engineers and city planners are often cheap and/or lazy.

For instance, the photo below is US Route 550 in Colorado. Beautiful views, hairpin turns, and sometimes it's snowing all over the road. And there isn't a single guardrail.

View attachment 143857
I drove on it, & if you think CaneinOrlando is a Puzzy B*tch flying....my *** cheeks were working overtime on the 550....

The Sheriff said accidents are common on that stretch of road due to it’s downslope and curves. It was also reported he was late to his scheduled taping of a new series of golfing lessons on the Golf Channel. This episode was with Drew Brees and Justin Herbert.

Who knows why he decided to drive himself. The fact that he survived and gets to see his kids again is all that really matters. Golf was a helluva lot more fun when Tiger was in a tournament.

Best of luck to him in his recovery.

I didn’t realize where the accident was b/c I only peeped the news briefly. My homegirl’s house is directly up that hill side. That road is treacherous; it turns into a hairpin like turn in a blink of an eye. I, too, almost got into an accident down that part of Hawthorne Blvd yrs ago being unfamiliar w/ that side at the time. Now? If I’m going into either Rolling Hills (where Tiger crashed) or the sister city Palos Verdes, I take Crenshaw (& yes, Crenshaw turns into a ritzy area the further South you go)

I can't lie, every time I see Tiger Woods, I am reminded of comedian Ron White's bit on Tiger's problems.

Having said this, hope he recovers 100 percent and returns to the game.

Advertisement
Back