OT: Tiger Woods hurt in crash.

Woods was alone in the SUV when it crashed into a raised median, crossed two oncoming lanes and rolled several times, authorities said at a news conference.
Alone in the vehicle? How about driving the vehicle? They write this like he was an unlucky passenger.

Advertisement
He may have been impaired, but then again he may not have been.

Some people here have never ventured outside the flatness of south Florida.

But there are a lot of places in California, and all over the country, where if you’re going just a little bit too fast and you hit a curb, next thing you know you can be rolling down the side of a hill and end up in a ditch upside down.

Only because you took a turn too fast or were unfamiliar with the area, or it was dark, or you were just careless.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be drugs and/or alcohol. People automatically assuming the worst when it might not necessarily be that. Having this accident is bad enough when you have multiple broken bones. Especially for an athlete.

He may have been impaired, but then again he may not have been.

Some people here have never ventured outside the flatness of south Florida.

But there are a lot of places in California, and all over the country, where if you’re going just a little bit too fast and you hit a curb, next thing you know you can be rolling down the side of a hill and end up in a ditch upside down.

Only because you took a turn too fast or were unfamiliar with the area, or it was dark, or you were just careless.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be drugs and/or alcohol. People automatically assuming the worst when it might not necessarily be that. Having this accident is bad enough when you have multiple broken bones. Especially for an athlete.
From the posted overheads it looks more like the street outside a Target shopping center than the Dragons Tail. Jumping to treacherous road obstacles is probably more a leap than Tiger being under the influence. This wouldn't be his first time...

From the posted overheads it looks more like the street outside a Target shopping center than the Dragons Tail. Jumping to treacherous road obstacles is probably more a leap than Tiger being under the influence. This wouldn't be his first time...
This is baseless speculation. The poster you responded to is correct, CA has some weirdly sharp hills and turns. If he accidentally clipped a curb, he could have lost control of the vehicle. The idea that drunkenness is the only thing that causes driver error is erroneous. And it was daytime amd he was out there for business. So see no reason to assume he was impaired.

Hey Tiger was the best golfer for a very long time. However he was human with some very big flaws.

He had it all, wife, kids, money, fame. Everything, and he couldn't keep it in his pants. A lot of his problems were self inflicted. I am tired of everyone saying it was merely his body breaking down that stopped his dominance. It played a part, but he brought a lot on himself.

We all know pain killers are no joke and anyone can easily become addicted to them.

This accident may have had nothing to due with alcohol or pain killers.

I am thankful that it appears that he is going to live for his families sake and I hope if this was caused by narcotics that it will be a wake up call for Tiger that he needs to make changes to be around for his kids. Whether he plays golf professionally again really doesnt matter right now.

Advertisement
Counseling and suboxone down the road. Good luck. If I assume that's the case with this tragedy.

I live in LA. Whether or not Tiger had a extra pain killer or two or three, I don’t know. The area of his accident is dangerous if not careful. His would not be the first accident there, nor the last.

Advertisement
The Sheriff said accidents are common on that stretch of road due to it’s downslope and curves. It was also reported he was late to his scheduled taping of a new series of golfing lessons on the Golf Channel. This episode was with Drew Brees and Justin Herbert.

Who knows why he decided to drive himself. The fact that he survived and gets to see his kids again is all that really matters. Golf was a helluva lot more fun when Tiger was in a tournament.

Best of luck to him in his recovery.

Lots of assumptions on your part here. Especially considering that you’re using a 2 dimensional overhead shot to determine whether there are road hazards.

I’m not making any assumptions like you are, about his state of sobriety. I simply don’t know. But does this look like a flat area to you?

44700B4A-6CB9-4C03-89B5-124CA8076542.jpeg

Original appears correct: From New York Times:

"Mr. Woods was traveling at a “greater speed than normal” but did not seem impaired, Alex Villanueva, the Los Angeles County sheriff, said at a news conference, adding that “there was no effort to draw blood, for example, at the hospital.”

Mr. Woods lost control of the vehicle on Hawthorne Boulevard, hitting a curb and a tree before rolling several times, the sheriff said.

“That area has a high frequency of accidents,” Mr. Villanueva said. “It’s not uncommon.”"

Advertisement
Lots of assumptions on your part here. Especially considering that you’re using a 2 dimensional overhead shot to determine whether there are road hazards.

I’m not making any assumptions like you are, about his state of sobriety. I simply don’t know. But does this look like a flat area to you?

View attachment 143844
He hopped the median on a straight road before careening off. Yes I'm assuming based on his past history and a 2 dimensional aerial view of the path his vehicle took that he might have been under the influence. I don't think it's an unreasonable option.

Do we know the speed limit of that stretch? Either way I'm glad he wasn't gravely injured, nor were any other cars involved.

Last edited:
This is baseless speculation. The poster you responded to is correct, CA has some weirdly sharp hills and turns. If he accidentally clipped a curb, he could have lost control of the vehicle. The idea that drunkenness is the only thing that causes driver error is erroneous. And it was daytime amd he was out there for business. So see no reason to assume he was impaired.
I wouldn't call it completely baseless - its based on his previous history of driving under the influence, at the very least we know he was driving at a dangerous "greater than normal" speed.

I wouldn't call it completely baseless - its based on his previous history of driving under the influence, at the very least we know he was driving at a dangerous "greater than normal" speed.
So you have nothing it’s than the guy has previously driven impaired, which tells us nothing about this situation and confirms your rank speculation. Greater than normal speed is not support for drunk driving, either, unless you’ve never speeded?

Advertisement
So you have nothing it’s than the guy has previously driven impaired, which tells us nothing about this situation and confirms your rank speculation. Greater than normal speed is not support for drunk driving, either, unless you’ve never speeded?
Why are there no guard rails on this treacherous stretch of death?

I still get the goose bumps watching this. Knowing all too well that most mortals probably had a better chance of winning the power ball than making this shot.

It's crazy all of the hate being spewed towards perfect stranger. Especially after the man has a serious car accident. Ya'll best be careful now. What you put out into the universe will come back on ya. Believe dat!!

Ya'll haters might want to consider getting some mental health advice. Some of ya'll are really sick minded folks the way you behave behind your computers.

Get well soon Tiger and thanks for the memories. What a run this man has had so far!!

Go Canes!!!

Last edited:
He hopped the median on a straight road before careening off. Yes I'm assuming based on his past history and a 2 dimensional aerial view of the path his vehicle took that he might have been under the influence. I don't think it's an unreasonable option.

Do we know the speed limit of that stretch? Either way I'm glad he wasn't gravely injured, nor were any other cars involved.

Did you not even take the slightest look at that picture I posted?

Advertisement
Back