OT: The Rise of Snowplow Parents

423Hurricane

I’m Well On My Way
Premium
I thought this article gave some interesting insight into what universities face when recruiting student athletes. whttps://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/the-rise-of-the-snowplow-sports-parents/ar-AAD7qKE?li=BBnbfcLhen

Advertisement
Remember when the Fins drafted Ginn from OSU and the HC said we were getting the whole family to go with him? He meant it as a good thing but most Fin fans knew better. Now I guess you always get the family. If I was a player, I could not follow a QB who was still such a baby as these guys.

Remember when the Fins drafted Ginn from OSU and the HC said we were getting the whole family to go with him? He meant it as a good thing but most Fin fans knew better. Now I guess you always get the family. If I was a player, I could not follow a QB who was still such a baby as these guys.

Its the new thing. It seems like back in the day most of the elite players probably didn't even know their dads. Now since most of the kids from the projects aren't even graduating and its more lower middle-middle class kids becoming NFL players you are getting these types of kids.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There's a lot of money to be made out there in sports. Not surprising to see parents riding their kids' coat tails. Shouldn't be surprising to anyone in south Florida where parents start pimping their kids as early as pee wee football.

Advertisement
You're right . . . I should have said "governors"

Our society has lost its collective mind. How brainless (or desperate) do you have to be to not realize it means they own the team, not the players. I have my own business, and not one time ever have I thought I "owned" my employees.

Sorry for the hijack.

$40 for bowling, food AND drinks at a Draft party?

Say what you will about Pops Haskins but at least he gives you value for your money. Lavar Ball would've set that pricepoint at $250.

That aside, I tried to think if the parent issue has ever been a major factor for us. Thankfully not so much. It almost seems like siblings have tried to involve themselves even more than parents.

Even Tathan, as someone that would seem prime to have meddling parents, seemingly isn't that case. His sister obviously is connected to him/tries to be associated with his life but you never really hear too much about his dad's involvement in anything at OSU or here and his mom seems like she's more flighty than imposing.

Advertisement
Our society has lost its collective mind. How brainless (or desperate) do you have to be to not realize it means they own the team, not the players. I have my own business, and not one time ever have I thought I "owned" my employees.

Sorry for the hijack.

Dumbest **** ever, saying they want to move away from the term owners.

$40 for bowling, food AND drinks at a Draft party?

Say what you will about Pops Haskins but at least he gives you value for your money. Lavar Ball would've set that pricepoint at $250.

That aside, I tried to think if the parent issue has ever been a major factor for us. Thankfully not so much. It almost seems like siblings have tried to involve themselves even more than parents.

Even Tathan, as someone that would seem prime to have meddling parents, seemingly isn't that case. His sister obviously is connected to him/tries to be associated with his life but you never really hear too much about his dad's involvement in anything at OSU or here and his mom seems like she's more flighty than imposing.

Winslow Sr was a pain in the *** dad often asking for special concessions and even security. I do not like that man at all.

Winslow Sr was a pain in the *** dad often asking for special concessions and even security. I do not like that man at all.

Ahhhh, I was unaware of that but I absolutely should've thought of him.

Advertisement
Back