OT: The Last Dance

BS85

D before E
Premium
This series is incredible. I grew up with Jordan but was too young to understand the significance of what he and the Bulls did. Watching him talk about the all the championship games and his mentality is something I didn't know enough about. He has to be the most alpha male in any sport ever. Super smart guy as well.

I also didn't even know Phil was fired, Krause seemed to think too highly of himself.

Sorry if this is in another thread but I didn't see one.

Advertisement
EYQz6A2UMAAKN5F.jpeg

This series is incredible. I grew up with Jordan but was too young to understand the significance of what he and the Bulls did. Watching him talk about the all the championship games and his mentality is something I didn't know enough about. He has to be the most alpha male in any sport ever. Super smart guy as well.

I also didn't even know Phil was fired, Krause seemed to think too highly of himself.

Krause was a fat miserable **** and Chicago basketball hasn’t been the same since. There was a time with D Rose but he blew his knee out and the injuries mounted.

Krause was a fat miserable **** and Chicago basketball hasn’t been the same since. There was a time with D Rose but he blew his knee out and the injuries mounted.

Even w DRose; the stories I heard about that 2010 FA period was bananas. Heard LBJ was told if he came to Chicago he would have to put his entourage on a leash. Just a **** poor ran organization that lucked into getting the GOAT b/c Portland already had Clyde.

Hopefully new Mgmt save us from this purgatory. I feel all my sports teams are poorly ran. Lol.

Jordan
Even w DRose; the stories I heard about that 2010 FA period was bananas. Heard LBJ was told if he came to Chicago he would have to put his entourage on a leash. Just a **** poor ran organization that lucked into getting the GOAT b/c Portland already had Clyde.

Hopefully new Mgmt save us from this purgatory. I feel all my sports teams are poorly ran. Lol.
lmao who u heard that from G?? Fact is Jordan ran **** in the whole league..the docu revealed that ****. Great insight. I wish we had one of these for Kobe/shaq in la and Lebron and wade in mia

Advertisement
Jordan

lmao who u heard that from G?? Fact is Jordan ran **** in the whole league..the docu revealed that ****. Great insight. I wish we had one of these for Kobe/shaq in la and Lebron and wade in mia

Yeah; I wanna docu-series for Kobe/Shaq and go in to depth of LBJ’s “The Decision.”

Regarding LBJ interview w the Bulls, it leaked the meeting didn’t go over well in Chicago...DRose didn’t come and LBJ didn’t talk, his reps did all the talking and apparently Foreman was upset by that. My relative is one of the lawyers for the NBAPA and he’s out in Chicago, and is a way bigger Bulls fan than I am, b/c he was a fan back in the 70’s when they were in the Western Conference. He confirmed that he heard Foreman got in his feelings a bit w LBJ & that turned him & his team off.

Hence, when Melo was a FA, they went ALL out b/c they got backlash in 2010 by fans. Broussard reported Chicago was LBJ’s #1 destination prior to the FA period, and after that meeting they were eliminated. Lol.

Yeah; I wanna docu-series for Kobe/Shaq and go in to depth of LBJ’s “The Decision.”

Regarding LBJ interview w the Bulls, it leaked the meeting didn’t go over well in Chicago...DRose didn’t come and LBJ didn’t talk, his reps did all the talking and apparently Foreman was upset by that. My relative is one of the lawyers for the NBAPA and he’s out in Chicago, and is a way bigger Bulls fan than I am, b/c he was a fan back in the 70’s when they were in the Western Conference. He confirmed that he heard Foreman got in his feelings a bit w LBJ & that turned him & his team off.

Hence, when Melo was a FA, they went ALL out b/c they got backlash in 2010 by fans. Broussard reported Chicago was LBJ’s #1 destination prior to the FA period, and after that meeting they were eliminated. Lol.
Yea Drose wasn’t at the meeting lol..I heard it was originally gonna be CHi for wade and lebron but Miami really freed up a lot of cap room with some of the moves the made up until tha decisio..when they got bosh to commit then heat started to rlly get momentu..but I remember being sure wade and lbj was gonna be in Chicag..**** I even put them both on the bulls in nba 2k10 😂😂..NYK and the bulls fans was hurting

Advertisement
If it wasn't for MJ and the trio; Mailman and Stockton would've won 2.

Just wasn't meant to be. Had MJ had not been forced to retire to avoid a gambling scandal; they very well could've won six in a row. You had the best wings and defensive PF in the league.

If it wasn't for MJ and the trio; Mailman and Stockton would've won 2.

Just wasn't meant to be. Had MJ had not been forced to retire to avoid a gambling scandal; they very well could've won six in a row. You had the best wings and defensive PF in the league.
Yes, I agree! David stern made the smart decision and forced Jordan to retire at the peak of his powers, which cost the league billions in revenue and devalued all NBA franchises. Smart move, especially since it was a year after Barcelona Olympics and as they had massive momentum growing the game internationally.

The Last Dance v. OJ: Made In America is the real debate here.

The Last Dance is a bit of a propaganda piece by MJ, but I don't think that stopped the tough questions from getting asked and answered thoroughly. Was fun, nostalgic, inspirational, funny, memeable, comprehensive, memorable. The communal event we needed during the COVID-19 pandemic. The fact that a lot of it was pieced together and finished up within the past few weeks to get out there makes this all the more impressive.

Everyone involved did a great job. Loved it.

The Last Dance v. OJ: Made In America is the real debate here.

The Last Dance is a bit of a propaganda piece by MJ, but I don't think that stopped the tough questions from getting asked and answered thoroughly. Was fun, nostalgic, inspirational, funny, memeable, comprehensive, memorable. The communal event we needed during the COVID-19 pandemic. The fact that a lot of it was pieced together and finished up within the past few weeks to get out there makes this all the more impressive.

Everyone involved did a great job. Loved it.
Yea, it’s obvious the Last Dance was rushed due to COVID. It doesn’t come close to how well done the OJ doc was. That was a masterpiece.

Advertisement
I had no idea who MJ was because I didn't watch basketball in my teens. I was all football and baseball. When MJ won sportsman of the year I was all ****ed off that Bo Jackson didn't win. I couldn't believe that a basketball player could win over a two PRO sport athlete like Bo. I mean, it's ******* Bo Jackson!! So I decided to find out who he was and man I am glad I did. Were the 90's not some of the best NBA or what? We all know what an athlete MJ is now, I'm just glad I got to watch it real time. The **** he could do on the court was mind bending. He just took the **** over and played both ends. Bugs knew what he was doing picking MJ for his squad.

It wasn’t rushed lol. It’s been done but they weren’t going to release until after the finals was over.
No it wasn’t. They were still working on the end of the doc while we were halfway through. They essentially had nothing finished in January of this year. For all the bragging of the never before seen stuff, we actually didn’t see that much of it. It really was more of a Jordan propaganda piece than what I actually expected it to be. Good during this time, but not one of the greatest documentaries.

Advertisement
No it wasn’t. They were still working on the end of the doc while we were halfway through. They essentially had nothing finished in January of this year. For all the bragging of the never before seen stuff, we actually didn’t see that much of it. It really was more of a Jordan propaganda piece than what I actually expected it to be. Good during this time, but not one of the greatest documentaries.
It was always going to be about Jordan. They been asking Jordan for years to do it but he kept saying no. All they were missing were some interviews from some players if I’m not mistaken. It could be more stuff but idk

Sucks you didn't get to see that!

I was not a bulls fan.. Straight bad boys for Life... back in the day.. but MJ definitely had the Jordan rules. Plus he was just a cold blooded beast. You knew at the end of the game who was getting the last shot. The whole world knew

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back