OT: The Last Dance

Advertisement
I give Jordan GOAT but I really don't care much about B ball. I would love to hear about his gambling, now that could be real interesting.

Don't mean to be a contrarian, but don't think it was as insightful and revealing as it could have been. Never got into Jordan's life away from the court. Never heard from his first wife or his kids, except for a few passing comments in the last episode. Lots of other stuff left untouched. Part of the problem is Jordan was a partner in the documentary and thus had a major say in its direction. Constant jumping around in time frame was annoying. Highlights from MJ's career were fantastic in reflecting on his greatness, but left with impression they were used to pad or stretch what could have been a 5 episode piece to 10 episodes. Still a great diversion at a time when there are no live sports.

Advertisement
I had no idea who MJ was because I didn't watch basketball in my teens. I was all football and baseball. When MJ won sportsman of the year I was all ****ed off that Bo Jackson didn't win. I couldn't believe that a basketball player could win over a two PRO sport athlete like Bo. I mean, it's ******* Bo Jackson!! So I decided to find out who he was and man I am glad I did. Were the 90's not some of the best NBA or what? We all know what an athlete MJ is now, I'm just glad I got to watch it real time. The **** he could do on the court was mind bending. He just took the **** over and played both ends. Bugs knew what he was doing picking MJ for his squad.

Lying ***

Yea, it’s obvious the Last Dance was rushed due to COVID. It doesn’t come close to how well done the OJ doc was. That was a masterpiece.
Best line in Made in America was one of OJ's former friends having an epiphany about him being guilty. Said it dawned on him that while Fuhrman was supposedly planting evidence at OJ's mansion, no one knew where OJ was. So Fuhrman risked going to jail when OJ could have shown up any minute saying he was out clubbing and had hundreds of witnesses.

I grew up watching Michael even as a HEAT fan I loved watching MJ and those Bulls teams. I always hear comparisons of todays players or people saying LBJ is the best ever and I can tell you from watching and seeing both in person there is no other MJ. He was a cold hearted assassin. When he needed to turn it on it was lights out. The Ultimate competitor. I would say only Mohamid Ali had that same menatality that they new they would win before even starting the event and they would make sure you knew it too. Great job on this series IMO.

Advertisement
Lying ***
I guess it's impossible some kid who didn't play or watch basketball wouldn't know who a basketball player was. Guess what, I really don't watch it now either except for maybe some finals games. Sorry I wasn't glued to a tv in the late 80's. How old are you? The NBA wasn't even that popular back then.

The Last Dance v. OJ: Made In America is the real debate here.

The Last Dance is a bit of a propaganda piece by MJ, but I don't think that stopped the tough questions from getting asked and answered thoroughly. Was fun, nostalgic, inspirational, funny, memeable, comprehensive, memorable. The communal event we needed during the COVID-19 pandemic. The fact that a lot of it was pieced together and finished up within the past few weeks to get out there makes this all the more impressive.

Everyone involved did a great job. Loved it.
It was great. And I also agree it was propaganda lol

What was the propaganda? Genuinely curious.
The NYK series when MJ got caught gambling n **** in Atlantic when they was down 0-2..after he got got caught, in game 3 he really really struggled. Was like 3-19 or something like that..they didn’t even mention that lol. Just That the bulls won. Kind of made it seem like MJ bounces right back after the 0-2 drama. I have no problem with it coming off as propaganda because personally it didn’t change how I view mike from a distance at all. He’s still top 3 easily. But the thing that’s crazy is ppl who made this about Lebron or how Shaq came out talking about MJ would ave 50 plus and he’d average 51 in today’s game..that’s the propaganda part lol

Advertisement
I grew up watching Michael even as a HEAT fan I loved watching MJ and those Bulls teams. I always hear comparisons of todays players or people saying LBJ is the best ever and I can tell you from watching and seeing both in person there is no other MJ. He was a cold hearted assassin. When he needed to turn it on it was lights out. The Ultimate competitor. I would say only Mohamid Ali had that same menatality that they new they would win before even starting the event and they would make sure you knew it too. Great job on this series IMO.
It’s Weird because Lebron and MJ two different players as far as their styles. MJ is a pure score. And players with that shoot first mentality usually get that “killer instinct” nod because they are always attacking. Lebrons definitely more of a pass first facilitator. Two me it about preference when ppl say who’s the goat. **** nobody really mentions Kareem because he was a big n not really flashy..its like ****** really don’t know who lew Alcindor jr was..imo they the top 3 to lace em up..and I’m not here to debate **** lol

It’s Weird because Lebron and MJ two different players as far as their styles. MJ is a pure score. And players with that shoot first mentality usually get that “killer instinct” nod because they are always attacking. Lebrons definitely more of a pass first facilitator. Two me it about preference when ppl say who’s the goat. **** nobody really mentions Kareem because he was a big n not really flashy..its like ****** really don’t know who lew Alcindor jr was..imo they the top 3 to lace em up..and I’m not here to debate **** lol

MJ was just as dominant on the defense side as well and was a very good rebounder.

Advertisement
The NYK series when MJ got caught gambling n **** in Atlantic when they was down 0-2..after he got got caught, in game 3 he really really struggled. Was like 3-19 or something like that..they didn’t even mention that lol. Just That the bulls won. Kind of made it seem like MJ bounces right back after the 0-2 drama. I have no problem with it coming off as propaganda because personally it didn’t change how I view mike from a distance at all. He’s still top 3 easily. But the thing that’s crazy is ppl who made this about Lebron or how Shaq came out talking about MJ would ave 50 plus and he’d average 51 in today’s game..that’s the propaganda part lol

With the way the game is played today he would easily average 50 plus a game. **** if they even breathe on LBJ they cal a foul. Imagine how it would be for MJ who was always attacking the rim. LBJ would have had a tough time adjusting to the Pistons Bad boys Defense because they were so physical.

Yea Drose wasn’t at the meeting lol..I heard it was originally gonna be CHi for wade and lebron but Miami really freed up a lot of cap room with some of the moves the made up until tha decisio..when they got bosh to commit then heat started to rlly get momentu..but I remember being sure wade and lbj was gonna be in Chicag..**** I even put them both on the bulls in nba 2k10 😂😂..NYK and the bulls fans was hurting

Still haven’t recovered. Lol.

With the way the game is played today he would easily average 50 plus a game. **** if they even breathe on LBJ they cal a foul. Imagine how it would be for MJ who was always attacking the rim. LBJ would have had a tough time adjusting to the Pistons Bad boys Defense because they were so physical.
Lmaoo 👆🏾 This the **** I’m talking about..makes zero sense..in the 80s when the pace was up even compared to today MJs highest average was 37..a d that was on 28 FGAs per game...so I’m tryna figure out who system MJ playing in that’s gonna allow him to put up 35 plus FGAs a game..are gonna pretend MJ would just become a elite 3point shooter instead of playing in the midrange? The fact is a scenario in which any player would average 50 doesn’t exist unless your 7’2 freak of nature named wilt who played against a bunch inferior white guys from the YMCA...but Mj would easily ave 33-36 in today’s game if he takes his career high FGA per game at 28

Still haven’t recovered. Lol.
Chill y’all got zack
1589825841125.gif

Advertisement
Back