OT: The Last Dance

Advertisement
Lmaoo 👆🏾 This the **** I’m talking about..makes zero sense..in the 80s when the pace was up even compared to today MJs highest average was 37..a d that was on 28 FGAs per game...so I’m tryna figure out who system MJ playing in that’s gonna allow him to put up 35 plus FGAs a game..are gonna pretend MJ would just become a elite 3point shooter instead of playing in the midrange? The fact is a scenario in which any player would average 50 doesn’t exist unless your 7’2 freak of nature named wilt who played against a bunch inferior white guys from the YMCA...but Mj would easily ave 33-36 in today’s game if he takes his career high FGA per game at 28

You're forgetting that Michael would be at the line 12-18 times a game these days. All he would need to do is drive the basket and he would get a call these days.

I guess it's impossible some kid who didn't play or watch basketball wouldn't know who a basketball player was. Guess what, I really don't watch it now either except for maybe some finals games. Sorry I wasn't glued to a tv in the late 80's. How old are you? The NBA wasn't even that popular back then.
MJ was EVERYWHERE back then. If your family even owned a tv you knew who MJ was. He was on several commercials, was the star of Space Jam, always in the news, on posters and wheaties cereal boxes. ****, some kids you knew probably had his shoes on their feet. There’s probably a ton more examples I can’t think of at the moment, but it’s literally impossible not to recognize who he was. I didn’t like NBA either until 1990, but he turned me into a Bulls fan in my teen years.

You're forgetting that Michael would be at the line 12-18 times a game these days. All he would need to do is drive the basket and he would get a call these days.
No I’m not lol..he was at the line at that rate in the years he avg 35/37..FT attempt don’t count as FGAs overall..so like I said in whose system is Jordan getting to put up 35 plus FGAs..and if want to take into account FTs, in who system is MJ putting up 50plus shots overall? Saying Mj would just average 50 is ludicrous and not realistic at all..if you objectively think MJ is a better scorer then Durant by 20 plus points then your just a In love with MJ..which is fine lol he was a GOAT

MJ was EVERYWHERE back then. If your family even owned a tv you knew who MJ was. He was on several commercials, was the star of Space Jam, always in the news, on posters and wheaties cereal boxes. ****, some kids you knew probably had his shoes on their feet. There’s probably a ton more examples I can’t think of at the moment, but it’s literally impossible not to recognize who he was. I didn’t like NBA either until 1990, but he turned me into a Bulls fan in my teen years.
dude.. space jam was 1996.. wheaties box was 91. Bulls didn't win a championship til 91. If you didn't start watching the NBA til 1990, why is it inconceivable that I didn't know who he was til then either? Until then he had only won one league mvp.. He may have been known to NBA or basketball fans but he didn't become otherwordly until the 90-91 season.

Advertisement
dude.. space jam was 1996.. wheaties box was 91. Bulls didn't win a championship til 91. If you didn't start watching the NBA til 1990, why is it inconceivable that I didn't know who he was til then either? Until then he had only won one league mvp.. He may have been known to NBA or basketball fans but he didn't become otherwordly until the 90-91 season.
You know what? This is my bad. I went back and re-read your post. At first I took it as you never heard of him till seeing The Last Dance (which is what I found so hard to believe).

Last edited:
You what? This is my bad. I went back and re-read your post. At first I took it as you never heard of him till seeing The Last Dance (which is what I found so hard to believe).
Maybe I ****ed up somewhere. All I'm saying is I didn't know who he was til like 91 when he won sportsman of the year, beating out the guy who I thought was a sure win.. Bo Jackson a two pro sport star. I was all butt hurt about it until I watched the guy play and then i became an instant fan. I watched a ton of basketball in the 90's solely because of him. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone dominate a game like he did.

Maybe I ****ed up somewhere. All I'm saying is I didn't know who he was til like 91 when he won sportsman of the year, beating out the guy who I thought was a sure win.. Bo Jackson a two pro sport star. I was all butt hurt about it until I watched the guy play and then i became an instant fan. I watched a ton of basketball in the 90's solely because of him. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone dominate a game like he did.
I thoroughly enjoyed The Last Dance because I got a history lesson on his early years that I missed, and also the behind the scenes to some of the things throughout the rest of his career. MJ is the GOAT to me, and I’m thankful I got to watch all of their championships live. After he retired, I stopped keeping up with basketball.

You have a lot of tolerance or boredom to engage with Lebronites. It's a different ******* game today. Perimeter rules changed almost everything.

Advertisement
I was born in 87. I payed zero attention to basketball in the 90's. I knew who mj was and so did everybody else in school lol

Don't mean to be a contrarian, but don't think it was as insightful and revealing as it could have been. Never got into Jordan's life away from the court. Never heard from his first wife or his kids, except for a few passing comments in the last episode. Lots of other stuff left untouched. Part of the problem is Jordan was a partner in the documentary and thus had a major say in its direction. Constant jumping around in time frame was annoying. Highlights from MJ's career were fantastic in reflecting on his greatness, but left with impression they were used to pad or stretch what could have been a 5 episode piece to 10 episodes. Still a great diversion at a time when there are no live sports.
none of them had any insight into The Last Dance so hence why they made no appearance, until there was some public pushback and they were filmed a few weeks ago and edited into the penultimate chapter.

Lmaoo 👆🏾 This the **** I’m talking about..makes zero sense..in the 80s when the pace was up even compared to today MJs highest average was 37..a d that was on 28 FGAs per game...so I’m tryna figure out who system MJ playing in that’s gonna allow him to put up 35 plus FGAs a game..are gonna pretend MJ would just become a elite 3point shooter instead of playing in the midrange? The fact is a scenario in which any player would average 50 doesn’t exist unless your 7’2 freak of nature named wilt who played against a bunch inferior white guys from the YMCA...but Mj would easily ave 33-36 in today’s game if he takes his career high FGA per game at 28

You have absolutely no clue as to what you're talking about because you're a Lebron Stan. MJ in today's era would be James Harden on steroids. He would go to the line 10 times a game in today's era because of how soft it is. That's 18 pts right there. It's also ridiculous to suggest that he couldn't develop into a better 3 pt shooter. if LBJ is a career 34% 3 pt shooter, WTF do you think Mike would avg if he relied on it more??

Also it's not just pace that matters. It's pace, lack of physicality, and advanced analytics that have made it much much easier to score in today's NBA compared to the 80's & 90's. When Harden avg 36 he shot 25 times a game. MJ is not Harden. He's one of the most efficient scorers in the history of the game. Why anyone with half a brain would think MJ would need to shoot 50 times a game to score 50 is beyond me. SMH

Last edited:
Advertisement
You have absolutely no clue as to what you're talking about because you're a Lebron Stan. MJ in today's era would be James Harden on steroids. He would go to the line 10 times a game in today's era because of how soft it is. That's 18 pts right there. It's also ridiculous to suggest that he couldn't develop into a better 3 pt shooter. if LBJ is a career 34% 3 pt shooter, WTF do you think Mike would avg if he relied on it more??

Also it's not just pace that matters. It's pace, lack of physicality, and advanced analytics that have made it much much easier to score in today's NBA compared to the 80's & 90's. When Harden avg 36 he shot 25 times a game. MJ is not Harden. He's one of the most efficient scorers in the history of the game. Why anyone with half a brain would think MJ would need to shoot 50 times a game to score 50 is beyond me. SMH
First on a serious note..MJ was not a great 3 pt shooter even in his era..so if he came in today’s game and tried to be a volume 3pt shooter, the results would likely be westbrook or wade like
Lmao..so you think MJ is a better scorer then KD..by 25 points in this era? That’s the question..MJs games is nothing at all like harden..he wouldn’t be doing the **** harden does..MJ was midrange, mid post, get to basketball get fouled/finish and a dribble pull-up scorer..he was never the offensive ignitiator at any point like harden. MJs most effective years was playing in the triangle without the ball.. so for all these ppl who think he could be dropped in today’s game and ave 50, when the guy played in the 80s when scoring was higher and pace of play was higher (athleticism wasn’t as good as it is today across the board and he ave 35 and 37 career highs) Then today..I ask what’s the formula for 90s MJ to get 50?? Who’s system is he putting up 35 plus FGAs in?? Dantoni? Are u guys just saying MJ would automatically become a better 3 pt shooter and therefore be a efficient volume 3pt scorer?? Are we just pretending like Defenses are gonna let MJ play 1v1 on the wing like the rules in the 90s allowed?..James harden avg 35 on 26 shots per night...or are ppl who believe Jordan would ave 50 just saying outrageous bs

Last edited:
So i ask again..who’s system is MJ getting 50 plus on a nightly basis?? Or are y’all just talking out your ***

Advertisement
You have a lot of tolerance or boredom to engage with Lebronites. It's a different ******* game today. Perimeter rules changed almost everything.

I saw an article that highlighted this. "5 REASONS MJ WOULD BE A SUPERSTAR IN TODAY'S GAME"

Basically just said he would have worked just as hard on his 3 point shot as hit turn around mid game. Which makes sense. Mike wasn't the best 3 guy, but NO ONE was shooting threes.

You know what? This is my bad. I went back and re-read your post. At first I took it as you never heard of him till seeing The Last Dance (which is what I found so hard to believe).
Wow, the rare...almost extinct "respectful disagreement" on CIS.

First on a serious note..MJ was not a great 3 pt shooter even in his era..so if he came in today’s game and tried to be a volume 3pt shooter, the results would likely be westbrook or wade like
Lmao..so you think MJ is a better scorer then KD..by 25 points in this era? That’s the question..MJs games is nothing at all like harden..he wouldn’t be doing the **** harden does..MJ was midrange, mid post, get to basketball get fouled/finish and a dribble pull-up scorer..he was never the offensive ignitiator at any point like harden. MJs most effective years was playing in the triangle without the ball.. so for all these ppl who think he could be dropped in today’s game and ave 50, when the guy played in the 80s when scoring was higher and pace of play was higher (athleticism wasn’t as good as it is today across the board and he ave 35 and 37 career highs) Then today..I ask what’s the formula for 90s MJ to get 50?? Who’s system is he putting up 35 plus FGAs in?? Dantoni? Are u guys just saying MJ would automatically become a better 3 pt shooter and therefore be a efficient volume 3pt scorer?? Are we just pretending like Defenses are gonna let MJ play 1v1 on the wing like the rules in the 90s allowed?..James harden avg 35 on 26 shots per night...or are ppl who believe Jordan would ave 50 just saying outrageous bs

You're completely lost in this discussion. You think the greatest midrange shooter in the history of the game couldn't develop into a better 3 pt shooter, and if he relied on it more the results would be similar to Westbrook or Wade? LMAO. Do you realize that MJ was a career 83% free throw shooter? What does LBJ & Harden shoot from the free throw line? For his career MJ avg 1.7 3pt attempts a game. Last 3 seasons Harden shot 10+ threes a game. Just use common sense and your brain for a second, and think about how much better Mikes 3 pt percentage & scoring would become if he relied more on the 3 pt shot, and had access to advanced analytics?

Also finally just because he wasn't the primary initiator of his team's Offense doesn't mean he didn't have the ability. Before Pippen developed into one of the best point forwards in history, Mike avg 8 assists in one season. Imagine how many assists he could avg if he too had the ball in his hands 80-90 % of the time like LBJ & Harden? The main pt though that you need to understand is that Mike has the highest ppg avg despite predominantly playing in the toughest decade of defensive basketball in NBA history. Out of all of the decades in NBA history the 90's had the lowest team scoring avg. That's why it's easy to project in order for Mike to avg 50 in today's NBA he would never have to shoot more than 30 times a game. All he would have to do is adapt & adjust his game, which he's shown throughout his career that he's capable of doing.

Advertisement
Back