OT: The LA Rams are effing stupid

Advertisement
This seems like a fleecing. You're betting a lot on 32 going on 42 Matt Stafford being the upgrade over Goff to take the Rams offense to another level. idk if McVey was handcuffed by the limitations of Goff or if Goff is the result of McVey not being that good of a playcaller, but I guess we'll find out.

Giving up two R1 picks to get rid of that Goff contract and get a (maybe just a mild?) upgrade over Goff seems very rich. The Rams window is closing quickly. No R1 picks from 2017 to 2023? Yeah, good luck with that.

Lions have some juice. Campbell is a wild man coach (idk how good he'll be, we'll see) and they've got a lot of draft / salary capital moving forward.

They are trying to win a championship with this defense. I salute them. They paid to get off Goff’s contract as opposed to living with their mistake.

Stafford is an upgrade and still has upside.
This team probably becomes the team out of the nfc next year if Green Bay doesnt get better on D.

Advertisement
Rams freed up space and got a good QB. Stafford is good but at times inconsistent...Good enough though that a lot of fantasy receivers for the Lions help your fantasy teams!

With all those picks the Lions have ammo to move up with us or the Jets to secure their QBOTF...If we move back which I think we should.

I agree Watson will be moved but I think that price just got too expensive because of what the Rams gave up. Will somebody pay it? Probably but I just don't think it will be Miami.

If you trade down with Detroit...You do now have more picks to use in a Watson trade.

Listen to me...I get A- grades when doing my mock draft simulator lol

The opposite end is..The rams defense is trending up and they have a lil running game. Rams are likely a playoff team again
They were already a playoff team with Goff. If their defense regresses like most would expect - can only go down from the top - then they're still not really a title contender.

This seems like a fleecing. You're betting a lot on 32 going on 42 Matt Stafford being the upgrade over Goff to take the Rams offense to another level. idk if McVey was handcuffed by the limitations of Goff or if Goff is the result of McVey not being that good of a playcaller, but I guess we'll find out.

Giving up two R1 picks to get rid of that Goff contract and get a (maybe just a mild?) upgrade over Goff seems very rich. The Rams window is closing quickly. No R1 picks from 2017 to 2023? Yeah, good luck with that.

Lions have some juice. Campbell is a wild man coach (idk how good he'll be, we'll see) and they've got a lot of draft / salary capital moving forward.
Yeah this is what I'm saying. Goff had 2 years with an AY/A of 8.5 when the Rams actually designed explosive pass plays. The last 2 years for whatever reason McVay decided to only use short passes and Goff still threw for over 4600 yards in 2019. I've seen him carve up the Bucs twice the past 2 years with no run game to the tune of 447 yards per game. He's proven he can shred defenses from Empty dating back to his Cal days.

There's a huge disconnect between Goff's ability and McVay's scheme in recent years. Stafford isn't exactly Mahomes or Watson when it comes to extending plays either, and Goff is more athletic than him at this point. They're gonna have to expand the pass game if they want the offense to improve, and they don't have the cap space or draft capital to make significant adds. Woods, Kupp and Higbee aren't threatening a defense vertically and those guys are tying up a lot of cap space...Goff and Gurley weren't the only guys they overpaid.

Last edited:
Tbh honest I didn’t even think about how this impacts the Watson trade market.

I would think it basically guarantees he’s not moving
A team would have to give up way too much he’s staying put
Yes. But they are totally different situations. For one, Watson has let it be known publicly he doesn’t wanna be there. Another Watson has a no trade clause in his contract. So it’s gotta be a destination and situation he’s sold on..this the first QB since Eli pre draft to do something like this. Another guy was Carson Palmer who was willing to retire to get out of Cincy..

you either move him or have this negativity hanging over your franchise for the foreseen future while your also bringing in a new HC (strange hire) and new GM. That’s effects FA, fan morale and the overall direction of the organization. It’s in both parties best interest to sever ties. Whoever wants Watson has to have a young QB with enough unknown potential and hella draft capital..imo realistic spots are NYJ, MIA, JAX...but I wanna see him in SAN FRAN..and the Texans might be dumb enough to think Jimmy Gs recent Super Bowl run bolds well for his career projection

Advertisement
Yes. But they are totally different situations. For one, Watson has let it be known publicly he doesn’t wanna be there. Another Watson has a no trade clause in his contract. So it’s gotta be a destination and situation he’s sold on..this the first QB since Eli pre draft to do something like this. Another guy was Carson Palmer who was willing to retire to get out of Cincy..

you either move him or have this negativity hanging over your franchise for the foreseen future while your also bringing in a new HC (strange hire) and new GM. That’s effects FA, fan morale and the overall direction of the organization. It’s in both parties best interest to sever ties. Whoever wants Watson has to have a young QB with enough unknown potential and hella draft capital..imo realistic spots are NYJ, MIA, JAX...but I wanna see him in SAN FRAN..and the Texans might be dumb enough to think Jimmy Gs recent Super Bowl run bolds well for his career projection
Yea I agree but texans won’t trade him for less then the price he garners. Also players get raped holding out so if Watson holds out he will be broke faster than anytime in the nfl before. Think it’s 100k a practice and 1 mill a game or something. The Texans are in the drivers seat. It’s all on them and I think Watson seems like a cry baby. Didn’t hate the organization the past 3 years. Dude was up 24-0 on the chiefs last year and blew it Lol now he wants out. I wouldn’t trade **** for him if I was a GM

Stafford:

- has never won a division
- has never won a playoff game
- has 10 career wins vs teams that finished the season with a winning record (TEN!)
- is below .500 for his career

This all despite playing with prime Megatron for years.

I heard someone say the biggest win of his career was beating Hawaii in the sugar bowl. That says all you need to know.

Stafford:

- has never won a division
- has never won a playoff game
- has 10 career wins vs teams that finished the season with a winning record (TEN!)
- is below .500 for his career

This all despite playing with prime Megatron for years.

I heard someone say the biggest win of his career was beating Hawaii in the sugar bowl. That says all you need to know.
Yeah as far as winning goes he hasn't had the best defenses or OLine. The 1 year they went 11-5 they had an elite D and the offense stunk despite having Megatron and Golden Tate, so it's hard to make excuses for that. His efficiency by analytics or PFF grading standards is pretty middling. He had 1 stretch in 2019 where he was playing really well to start the season. I guess we're supposed to ignore his whole career and just isolate 1 stretch to determine his value. Seems thin to me.

As I said before the Rams issues in the pass game run deeper than the QB. The couple plays a game where Stafford buys time and makes an off-platform throw aren't worth the draft capital they gave up imo. It remains to be seen if the scheme and personnel context will afford him more opportunities to impact the game in ways that Goff or Cousins couldn't. I'm skeptical.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back