Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Advertisement
Huh? How does that make sense? Just because you can acknowledge hes still a good fighter doesnt mean hes even close to the fighter he was when floyd and pac were both in their primes. Same arguement for Bernard,Roy & plenty of others. Manny is nowhere near the fighter he was in his early 30s. What he is now is a testament to how great shape hes in as well as the division isnt what it was.

He was 36 when he fought Floyd and Floyd was 38 both past their primes. Floyd outclassed Manny heavily and that would have been the same case if they fought 4-5 years earlier. What doesn’t make sense is acting like Manny was some old has been, just cuz Floyd easily won the fight

Last edited:
He really isn't the greatest at anything. He is a very good counter puncher, very good defensive fighter, very good fighter in general, but far from the GOAT in any categories.

However, you have to keep in mind a couple things when calling him a "point fighter".

The guy moved up a ton of weight classes. When he first started fighting he was knocking people out left and right. The guy stopped Aturo Gatti, even if his corner did throw in the towel. He was taking a ton of punishment and would have went down eventually.

Of course a super featherweight with wrist/hand issues isn't going to be knocking out super welterweights.

Also, the other thing is if you watch his fights. None of the fighters, even big dudes that like to chase like Canelo, actually chase him down after eating a counter right. They all back down. He clearly still has power, the fighters are just smart enough to not try and walk him down while eating these shots.

Look at guys like Malignaggi. He is a "point fighter". Anyone with a chin just walks him down. People with iron chins refuse to walk down Mayweather. That is very telling.

He also likes to pick fighters that are ideal for his style, but that is neither here nor there.
You just hating cause the dude is filthy stinking rich!

Advertisement
Wonder if Manny keeps fighting or does he retire now? Not a bad way to go out if you ask me.

Pac probably will fight Mikey next if Mikey doesn't ink a deal with DAZN. That's exactly what i'd do and then eventually fight Spence/Porter winner. Ugas the mandatory but nobody is clamoring to see him so he'll take step aside fees until they ring his line

Advertisement
Floyd would of raped Pac regardless of age the reason (us boxing heads/nerds know) was HBO and Arum knew he would lose to the best defensive fighter probably of all time. PAc struggled vs good counter punchers and Floyd was probably the best at it. He would of lost so stop with the nonsense everyone knew Floyd would win and everyone in the boxing community in the backround knew Pac was taking something. The only other fighter who rose the ranks and kept there power was Shane and he juiced. Dude was 89 pounds when he turned pro.....understand the sport before yall speak. My boy Butchy was in the corner last night of that Cuban fighter and they all knew I used to work with him they all knew Pac was juicing so when Floyd mentioned it he had to stop. FM was trying to blast his *** for ages just like when Hatton called him out he mad ethe fight but people dont understand Arum is hard to deal with. Its why a fight between Spence and Bud wont happen for a long time and Bud knows this thats why he talks but he knows he can say what he wants and Arum wont make it happen, Arum rides guys till there empty and takes there bread its why Pac is still fighting. I dont care if Pac was 25 that run in three punch combo dive head first will not work on FM it just wont hes tailor made for that ****
Bro your retarded to think pac was juicing. He never failed a drug test

Pac probably will fight Mikey next if Mikey doesn't ink a deal with DAZN. That's exactly what i'd do and then eventually fight Spence/Porter winner. Ugas the mandatory but nobody is clamoring to see him so he'll take step aside fees until they ring his line
Mikey didn’t look so good at 147. I’d like to see him go back down to at least 140.

Bro your retarded to think pac was juicing. He never failed a drug test

Ill say no more, believe what u want u have that right

Listen to this man str8 New Yorker u will learn we keep it a buck, dont like Paulie as a fighter but the best in the biz on the inside and commentary as well

Last edited:

Listen to this man str8 New Yorker u will learn we keep it a buck, dont like Paulie as a fighter but the best in the biz on the inside and commentary as well

Can’t say I disagree with any of that.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Sorry for what I said earlier. Not my character. I do understand what paulie said and the concerns and coincidences.
That said I can explain certain things on how he gained weight and supposedly not lost speed. Example a feather weight boxer speed is totally different from that a welterweight speed. So for him being so fast than gained weight he was welterweight fast not featherweight fast. But people dont see that. I hope I'm explaining right lol. I hate typing.
I can go even further but I rather talk to you after a cane game. Also I know people in his party, and it was always brought up from others and everyone swears he has never. (Kinda iffy statement) lol. One last thing he has never opposed to drug test and never failed one either

Sorry for what I said earlier. Not my character. I do understand what paulie said and the concerns and coincidences.
That said I can explain certain things on how he gained weight and supposedly not lost speed. Example a feather weight boxer speed is totally different from that a welterweight speed. So for him being so fast than gained weight he was welterweight fast not featherweight fast. But people dont see that. I hope I'm explaining right lol. I hate typing.
I can go even further but I rather talk to you after a cane game. Also I know people in his party, and it was always brought up from others and everyone swears he has never. (Kinda iffy statement) lol. One last thing he has never opposed to drug test and never failed one either
all good bro its nothin man

Advertisement
Back