OT: Tesla ?!?

Been wanting to get on the Cybertruck waitlist since day one...

2021-05-28 230136.jpg

Advertisement
No. Thanks for asking.

The pandemic made things a little more difficult in terms of purchasing. Also the time of the post, I didn’t realize how few there are on the lots nationwide. You basically have to take what they have if you want one in a decent amount of time.

So to actually get what I want, I’m going to have to special order and sadly, now I really want the Turbo S. When (if) I pull the trigger, it might take 4-6 months, not sure. I think I will eventually get it, the question is when.
Ahhhhh...the Turbo S.
I'm speechless.

In Porsche terms that custom order (as you probably know by now) is referred to as "a Build".
Good luck when you finally decide to do it.

Ahhhhh...the Turbo S.
I'm speechless.

In Porsche terms that custom order (as you probably know by now) is referred to as "a Build".
Good luck when you finally decide to do it.

Yeah I guess it’s called a build. I’ve only gone through about 20 or 30 iterations online, with different color schemes etc. You can go absolutely nuts with the options. Just on interior touches alone you can blow a ton of cash. It’s hard to decide on the color. So you can imagine some of the other choices, ceramic brakes versus the standard brakes etc. etc.

Sometimes I like that upgraded chalk color, sometimes it’s a Carmine red, sometimes just the GT silver. What color do you like? Just the interior upholstery alone also offer offers a myriad of choice

Yeah I guess it’s called a build. I’ve only gone through about 20 or 30 iterations online, with different color schemes etc. You can go absolutely nuts with the options. Just on interior touches alone you can blow a ton of cash. It’s hard to decide on the color. So you can imagine some of the other choices, ceramic brakes versus the standard brakes etc. etc.

Sometimes I like that upgraded chalk color, sometimes it’s a Carmine red, sometimes just the GT silver. What color do you like? Just the interior upholstery alone also offer offers a myriad of choice
I love "chalk", but that would be my second choice.
I believe you asked me this before and my answer will be the same:
GT silver.
I believe it compliments the black trim very well, and I like to let the car "do the talking".
I'm partial to the silvers and grays anyway. My 911 is meteor gray metallic, which is in between gray and silver (not offered anymore).

My build-out on the Turbo S comes in around 240k every time.
Cabriolet, GT Silver, Slate or Black interior with chalk stitching, heated and cooled everything, suspension upgrades, and sport chrono (great value).

Since we're on a Tesla thread I'd like to add this....
I don't know how much performance is influencing your decision, but the Turbo S is thee fastest production car in the world with a published 10.1 quarter mile and a 2.2 second 0-60 (Car and Driver).

Porsche is notorious for being a bit conservative on their stated performance. Tesla has been a little optimistic on their performance numbers.
Right now, the Turbo S and Taycan S can beat the best Tesla has to offer.
The Tesla Roadster will be out soon. The numbers that are out there are insane (8.8/1.9), but I need to see it perform that way on multiple runs.
The mighty Turbo S doesn't have to be fully charged, or programmed for 2 minutes for consistent world class performance.

Turbo S.jpg

You could even buy yourself a nice matching watch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back