OT: Tampa Bay Times says Jameis Winston is guilty of sexual assault & Bucs should cut him

Jameis is awesome. Just really a great look for the Noles. If the NFL thing doesn't work out he could have a fantastic career as a motivational speaker.

Advertisement
In their entire history, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have never given a drafted QB a second contract.

Let's hope the trend continues.

You would think that an NFL team that drafts people like this knows every single pro or con possible about a player there drafting #1 correct. With this being said why wouldn't a team put in his contract if we give you millions of dollars , if you back slide to raping, groping and stealing from supermarkets you will return all the money we gave you.

Does any of this sound silly or is it S.T.O.P to give money to these people whether they rape or steal even paying them while in prison ?

GOCANES
He'd be signing a contract that incriminates him of past crimes..

Advertisement
FSU cops had to work 24-7 to keep him out of jail; without that top cover, people like him end up hanging themselves (figuratively).

The issues with Winston now are exactly the same issues he had coming out of college, poor decision making on and off the field. That said, cutting him makes no sense at all for the Bucs. Not saying give him an extension, but the Bucs don't need to make any kind of move right now.

Can’t be with the millions spent in NFL and Tampa to research the possibility of choosing CRAB #1 and found nothing wrong go ahead and issue bag .

Yet everyone who talks to crab says this dude is way out there.

Tampa 🦀 is all yours enjoy cutting those bag payments LMAO.

GOCANES

Advertisement
OT: Tampa Bay Times says Jameis guilty of sexual assault & Bucs should cut him

Tom Jones, Tampa Bay Times Sports columnist says:

“The NFL specifically said that it found his victim to be "credible." It said Winston touched her in a "sexual manner without her consent."

That's the exact definition of sexual assault.

So I'll repeat what I wrote last week: the Bucs should cut ties with Winston immediately.

No conversations. No meetings. Just do it.”

To be honest, I’m surprised they’ve gone out on this limb. That’s the hometown newspaper and the newspaper of record for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Hey, Bucs, there’s no more benefit of the doubt with Jameis Winston

Playing devils advocate here, I don't think they should cut him. I don't think we should be concerned about it. It's like double jeopardy. If there wasn't enough evidence for local PD to charge him, I don't think he should be tried twice by the NFL Sexual Assault commission..... Point being, who is the NFL to comment on this matter? Do they have a better investigation team than the Police? Does the lady have incentive $$$$$$ ? eh?

OT: Tampa Bay Times says Jameis guilty of sexual assault & Bucs should cut him

Tom Jones, Tampa Bay Times Sports columnist says:

“The NFL specifically said that it found his victim to be "credible." It said Winston touched her in a "sexual manner without her consent."

That's the exact definition of sexual assault.

So I'll repeat what I wrote last week: the Bucs should cut ties with Winston immediately.

No conversations. No meetings. Just do it.”

To be honest, I’m surprised they’ve gone out on this limb. That’s the hometown newspaper and the newspaper of record for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Hey, Bucs, there’s no more benefit of the doubt with Jameis Winston

Good ole boy Tom Jones wrote the article. The same guy that thought Eddie Robinson wasn't **** as a coach. The same guy that has an article about not wanting JW the moment he was drafted.

Tom Jones is a bigoted piece of ****.

Playing devils advocate here, I don't think they should cut him. I don't think we should be concerned about it. It's like double jeopardy. If there wasn't enough evidence for local PD to charge him, I don't think he should be tried twice by the NFL Sexual Assault commission..... Point being, who is the NFL to comment on this matter? Do they have a better investigation team than the Police? Does the lady have incentive $$$$$$ ? eh?

The local police department NEVER said "there wasn't enough evidence to charge him".

Never.

Good ole boy Tom Jones wrote the article. The same guy that thought Eddie Robinson wasn't **** as a coach. The same guy that has an article about not wanting JW the moment he was drafted.

Tom Jones is a bigoted piece of ****.

Just for clarification, I just posted what the guy wrote. I think that’s the first article I’ve ever read by him.

I wasn’t endorsing or agreeing or not agreeing with his viewpoint, either way. I only have a passing interest in the Bucs because I have family that are big fans, so you know I’m constantly talking shlt to them, but that’s a topic for another day.

As far as ole Jameis, though. Didn’t he kind of admit the other day, he grabbed that driver. I thought he kind of did.

The question about him I would have, if I’m the Bucs front office, and I’m saying this from a purely objective viewpoint, is if he’s going to be reliable? I’d be asking myself if there’s something wrong with him where he might do something stupid again? So if I’m in the front office, and if I have real doubts that I can count on him keeping his shlt together. I wouldn’t be cutting him, that’s stupid. But I’d be looking to get rid of him and get something of value back. I’m just saying that from a business standpoint.

Advertisement
Just for clarification, I just posted what the guy wrote. I think that’s the first article I’ve ever read by him.

I wasn’t endorsing or agreeing or not agreeing with his viewpoint, either way. I only have a passing interest in the Bucs because I have family that are big fans, so you know I’m constantly talking shlt to them, but that’s a topic for another day.

As far as ole Jameis, though. Didn’t he kind of admit the other day, he grabbed that driver. I thought he kind of did.

The question about him I would have, if I’m the Bucs front office, and I’m saying this from a purely objective viewpoint, is if he’s going to be reliable? I’d be asking myself if there’s something wrong with him where he might do something stupid again? So if I’m in the front office, and if I have real doubts that I can count on him keeping his shlt together. I wouldn’t be cutting him, that’s stupid. But I’d be looking to get rid of him and get something of value back. I’m just saying that from a business standpoint.

You raise some good points. However, at this point, I don't think the Bucs can get ANYTHING of value for Winston.

First, he is in the final year of a contract. The NFL does not have salary cap rules like the NBA, where acquiring an expiring contract has value. If a team trades for him NOW, he is still a free agent in a few months.

Second, he is suspended for 3 games. So, again, even if you trade for him NOW, he misses nearly 20% of the season automatically.

Third, you have the issues of teaching him a new system (Winston is not exactly a rocket scientist, and two head coaches have struggled to teach him the offense and rein him in at Tampa), as well as meshing with his new receivers.

Finally, whatever you think the public reaction is in Tampa, which took a chance on drafting him prior to the Uber incident, you now have 31 cities with NFL teams with ownership that is already well-aware of Winston's long history of lying to himself, his team, and the public. And if you think that teams were hesitant to take a chance with him when he was "only accused" of rape, now we have a situation where he has essentially admitted to sexual assault. Sure, while drunk. It still counts.

What is the least amount that could be given for Winston's 2018 year? A seventh rounder? I don't even think you could find one team in 31 to pay that price. The Jets got a 7th rounder for Hackenberg, and the Raiders cut him after a few weeks. Whoops, sorry, it was a CONDITIONAL seventh rounder, of which I'm sure the conditions were...not...met.

Maybe Winston can spend some time with Manziel in Canada.

Makes you wonder if they go the Leveon Bell route. They Franchise tag him for 2 years to make sure he's not dumb(er), and then they give him a big deal if he passes the test.

Advertisement
Makes you wonder if they go the Leveon Bell route. They Franchise tag him for 2 years to make sure he's not dumb(er), and then they give him a big deal if he passes the test.

That’s one approach...if they think he’s reliable and never going to fūck up again. The question is, can they count on that. I’m not saying, I’m just asking.

Personally, I’m skeptical, and I’m trying to be objective. There’s smoke that’s built around this guy. Is there a fire? Is he a ticking bomb? I don’t know.

Which begs the question, why didn't they arrest him?

Which begs the question, why tens of thousands of women do not report their sexual assault experiences every single year.

She was working for Uber, she reported it to Uber, and Uber banned Winston for life. It's very conceivable that, not long thereafter, once she found out who he was, she also learned about how F$U fans and Winston's attorneys demonize anyone woman who accuses him of misconduct.

Let's not forget, there was a second F$U student who also reported Winston to the F$U authorities, but she was too scared to use the word "rape" because she knew what would happen next.

By the way, there is still time for the police to arrest and charge Winston for sexual assault against the Uber driver (hence, his unbelievably vague "apology" about putting the Uber driver in a bad situation). The statute of limitation on criminal charges has not run out. At this point, I imagine that it will hinge on how much testimony and cooperation she provides to police.

Advertisement
Back