OT: Talk About Horrible Luck

Only one way to deal with this......... BAN ALL SMALL PLANES.
I don’t know if you are being sarcastic, but no civilian needs to have an airplane. As long as the government has airplanes, they can provide all the air transportation that a civilian might need.

Advertisement
I'll do one better... let's allow regular civilians to fly F-18's.
👆
3o6Zt0gLY0njdETX2M.gif

Reminds me of that girl couple years ago who got hit by a runaway truck tire as she walked out a bathroom door. And just recently a hockey player was killed getting hit in head with the puck
The hockey player was crazy. You can see that happen multiple times in a single game and the player might barely flinch. Must've really hit him in the absolute perfect/worst spot.

As an aircraft crew chief in charge of maintenance and airworthiness, these accidents seem like poor maintenance procedures. Lackadaisical maintenance costs lives. Hopefully there's a thorough investigation. Obviously their maintainers are suspect at best if they're losing multiple aircraft.

Advertisement
I don’t know if you are being sarcastic, but no civilian needs to have an airplane. As long as the government has airplanes, they can provide all the air transportation that a civilian might need.
They may take away our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!
plane airplane GIF

ATC here. Not familiar with this case in particular but the main causes of accidents are pilot error, eq malfunction, and weather.

This is almost like a billion to one for those people in the car.

We will save a whole lot more lives if people fūcking stop looking at their phones while they’re driving.
Knowing you, I don’t think you’re implying that the mother was looking at her cell phone, and could have avoided a plane falling from the sky, are you?

Advertisement
ATC here. Not familiar with this case in particular but the main causes of accidents are pilot error, eq malfunction, and weather.
Can you explain. I was told that weather is not a main cause of accidents, especially for the larger commercial aircraft.

Reminds me of that girl couple years ago who got hit by a runaway truck tire as she walked out a bathroom door. And just recently a hockey player was killed getting hit in head with the puck
People get killed by lightening from time to time. It really happens.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Heard it through the grapevine that the 4 year old kid passed. Amazingly (and sadly), the mom is okay and already out of the hospital. Obviously essentially irrelevant but the entire family are big Canes fans. More relevant- what the **** is going on at this airport and our other regional type airports in that these crashes seem to be beyond frequent?

That is a terrible video. Carpe Diem.

Heard it through the grapevine that the 4 year old kid passed. Amazingly (and sadly), the mom is okay and already out of the hospital. Obviously essentially irrelevant but the entire family are big Canes fans. More relevant- what the **** is going on at this airport and our other regional type airports in that these crashes seem to be beyond frequent?

Seeing that no joke I expected Lt. Drebin to run into the video waving his arms and saying ‘there’s nothing to see here.’

Seeing that no joke I expected Lt. Drebin to run into the video waving his arms and saying ‘there’s nothing to see here.’
Funny you mention him. I actually had to stop by a cemetery in Lauderdale yesterday and Drebin (Leslie Nielsen) is buried there. Has a great little setup. His headstone says "Let er rip!" and then there's a bench that says "Sit down whenever you can".

Advertisement
Back