OT: Talk About Horrible Luck

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Heard it through the grapevine that the 4 year old kid passed. Amazingly (and sadly), the mom is okay and already out of the hospital. Obviously essentially irrelevant but the entire family are big Canes fans. More relevant- what the **** is going on at this airport and our other regional type airports in that these crashes seem to be beyond frequent?

Advertisement
Heard it through the grapevine that the 4 year old kid passed. Amazingly (and sadly), the mom is okay and already out of the hospital. Obviously essentially irrelevant but the entire family are big Canes fans. More relevant- what the **** is going on at this airport and our other regional type airports in that these crashes seem to be beyond frequent?

Only one way to deal with this......... BAN ALL SMALL PLANES.

Advertisement

unnamed (1).jpg

All aviators learn this lesson from day one. The ones who embrace it every second of every day typically live to see day two.

Advertisement

Wtf..these rings catch everything

I've been flying private off & on for 40+ years...seems to me either the pilots are not doing their pre-flight check thoroughly or something is very wrong with the maintenance available at Perry. We aren't seeing this occur at other flight centers in SE Florida.

Advertisement
I've been flying private off & on for 40+ years...seems to me either the pilots are not doing their pre-flight check thoroughly or something is very wrong with the maintenance available at Perry. We aren't seeing this occur at other flight centers in SE Florida.
Yep, I’ve had a career on the water for close to 40 years, practicing situation awareness constantly can save your life. People who cut corners get away with it most of the time, but when it goes south, there can be **** to pay like in this situation, and it can take out others.

Here’s a great example from my industry - I owned a Maine windjammer for 28 years, every single night we had passengers aboard, we maintained an anchor/fire watch. We caught a few things that might have got out of hand had we not. This Captain in California let it slide and then one night catastrophe came a calling.

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/02/940997136/california-dive-boat-captain-charged-in-fire-that-killed-34

Advertisement
My guess is maintenance, aircrew, or both, are not following the checklist(s).

This is almost like a billion to one for those people in the car.

We will save a whole lot more lives if people fūcking stop looking at their phones while they’re driving.

Reminds me of that girl couple years ago who got hit by a runaway truck tire as she walked out a bathroom door. And just recently a hockey player was killed getting hit in head with the puck

Advertisement
Back