OT: Tailgating BBQ

Advertisement
If anyone has a chance to try 7 Bites...I highly recommend...Their breakfast Biscuit with Fried Egg...Bacon/Sausage & Pimento Cheese should be outlawed....All food is made on premises...If you think you've eaten a Moon Pie.....Trust me....you haven't...all their bakery goods are insane...

Ravenous Pig is fantastic....El Pescatore on Bumby is my go to for Italian....Nothing fancy...Good food at excellent prices with huge portions....
Appreciate it. I’m going to look those two up.

Yea 9 spices is on Kirkman. I kinda holding back on that one cause we just went to a oriental spot (Mongolian Grill) in Lakeland.

Last edited:
Smoke your briskets and pork butts so that you pull them just before you head to the stadium. Wrap in foil, then wrap in an old towel and place in a cooler. Give it at least an hour before unwrapping, this will give the meat time to rest and the juices to redistribute throughout. When you unwrap it will still be piping hot.

I've kept brisket hot this way for up to 7 hours but ideally you don't want to go more than 4. You can keep just about anything hot this way but I only do it for large cuts when I have to smoke at home and serve it elsewhere.

View attachment 83140
Where you at!!? UUUMMMM!

Advertisement
Posted it on this thread earlier

Yeah I already deleted my post, when I saw it later. How much water did you use in that formula. I’ve got a formula that’s very specific but I just got it off the Internet. It tells you how much salt sugar etc. to use per quart of water. But I like the other stuff you put in it I’m gonna try that. I’ve only used it on chicken though. Don’t see any need to use it on fish. Could definitely see using it on some thick pork/chops

Yeah I already deleted my post, when I saw it later. How much water did you use in that formula. I’ve got a formula that’s very specific but I just got it off the Internet. It tells you how much salt sugar etc. to use per quart of water. But I like the other stuff you put in it I’m gonna try that. I’ve only used it on chicken though. Don’t see any need to use it on fish. Could definitely see using it on some thick pork/chops
@OriginalCanesCanesCanes I use the brine I mentioned earlier on both Pork or Chicken....
The Brine I mentioned earlier is for approximately 2-4 Chops...or a Whole Chicken/2 *******...2 wings...2 thighs..etc...
As long as their fully submerged in brine you'll be fine....I sometimes add extra Rosemary and Tyme (Fresh)....and nothing wrong adding a little extra salt and sugar...the brine should have a slightly Salt Water flavor...

Advertisement
@OriginalCanesCanesCanes I use the brine I mentioned earlier on both Pork or Chicken....
The Brine I mentioned earlier is for approximately 2-4 Chops...or a Whole Chicken/2 *******...2 wings...2 thighs..etc...
As long as their fully submerged in brine you'll be fine....I sometimes add extra Rosemary and Tyme (Fresh)....and nothing wrong adding a little extra salt and sugar...the brine should have a slightly Salt Water flavor...

I’m not much of a cook, I leave it to the chefs like you. But I like good food and can cook a mean steak.

But the brine thing I read about so made some for my wife for some chicken ******* she was making. She didn’t put it in the fridge for 24 hours but it was like five or six hours, and boy did it make a difference. That breast was nice and juicy because you know how they can dry out sometimes. Made a huge difference. I had never even heard of that until like a few weeks ago.

I also make a Dr Pepper Brine/Marinade for Short Ribs (24hrs) that another Chef showed me....Insane
That sounds delish! And potato leak soup? **** yeah!! I'd be nagging you to make that too. LOL

I've never brined before either. I'm going to try it out as I agree chicken has a tendency to get so dry so quickly when it's grilled. Thanks for sharing the brine recipe, man.

That sounds delish! And potato leak soup? **** yeah!! I'd be nagging you to make that too. LOL

I've never brined before either. I'm going to try it out as I agree chicken has a tendency to get so dry so quickly when it's grilled. Thanks for sharing the brine recipe, man.
I Love Soup...especially thick soups...(Minestrone..Potato...etc...) They literally eat like a meal....I make a mean French Onion....

Advertisement
I Love Soup...especially thick soups...(Minestrone..Potato...etc...) They literally eat like a meal....I make a mean French Onion....
Ditto. I absolutely love soups like that. Best I ever had was a gouda and red pepper soup at The Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone. That and a popcorn soup at a restaurant called White in aruba. A restaurant in St Aug called Collage (probably our favorite restaurant in this entire area) makes an incredible carrot soup too. I could live on any of those.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back